Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > The Lunatic Asylum

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(08-Sep-2011 at 13:43)

Real-time mafia aka I miss you guys!

So tonight my Housemate asked me if I wanted to play Mafia with him and his buddies. I assumed it was, like, a a PS3 game or some weird sexual game Haha. I legitimately found myself in a real-time game of Mafia! Awesome
I just wanted to say I miss you guys. Thanks for the skills it took to not fail too badly tonight (I was a good townie and a crappy mafia)

Love you guys. That is all. <3

INSANE CUBE FISH™
This is the clock up on the wall/This is the story of us all/This is the first sound of a new born child before he starts to crawl
This is the war that's never won/This is the soldier and his gun/This is the mother waiting by the phone praying for her son
View Public Profile Find more posts by Miss AmyQ Add Miss AmyQ to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Sep-2011 at 16:58)

That's a nice game isn't it? I have played it quite a few times, as well. As mafia it is a lot more nervewrecking. As townie it is very nice to pressure others to find out if they are mafia or not.
It is definitely recomendable.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Captimmeh Add Captimmeh to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Sep-2011 at 20:40)

I've played 'werewolf', which is pretty much exactly Mafia but with Werewolves and Villagers instead of Mafias and Townies, and it was pretty wretched.

It's just randomly picking people out until the werewolves win, no comparing or investigating, nothing to discuss. *shudder*

Other people love it though, but I've always felt Mafia here spoiled me for IRL mafia (at least with the people I've played with).

Glad to hear you had fun though, We/I miss you too =)

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
(08-Sep-2011 at 21:44)

Re: Real-time mafia aka I miss you guys!

Originally Posted by Lunor: View Post
I've played 'werewolf', which is pretty much exactly Mafia but with Werewolves and Villagers instead of Mafias and Townies, and it was pretty wretched.

It's just randomly picking people out until the werewolves win, no comparing or investigating, nothing to discuss. *shudder*

Other people love it though, but I've always felt Mafia here spoiled me for IRL mafia (at least with the people I've played with).

Glad to hear you had fun though, We/I miss you too =)
Agree completely. The werewolves I've played have been so dire and mundane, and when I've tried introduce people to mafia they've been stumped by the "complexity".

........Why does the thin grey strand......Ah, you will understand;.......................I should find, for a reprimand
.......Floating up from the forgotten......When I carried my mother downstairs,.....To my gaiety, a few long grey hairs
......Cigarette between my fingers,......A few times only, at the beginning..........On the breast of my coat; and one by one
.....Why does it trouble me?.............Of her soft-foot malady,.......................I watched them float up the dark chimney.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Swifty Add Swifty to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Sep-2011 at 21:46)

Cousin tried to do a family mafia type thing at a family related event. I was the only one who understood the rules she was trying to explain. She seemed shocked that people played it on the internet while she played it at camp.

If all else fails, call someone a troll.
that can be fixed... / Ć
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Sep-2011 at 05:32)

For a couple of summers, a group of friends and I would play. We usually aimed to have about 11 of us or so. There were about 5 of us or so who were pretty decent and didn't complete miss obvious things... so we died really quickly when we were town. Some of the most fun came from the narrator who would craft an interesting story and commentary while people were performing their actions but keep the game moving.

I always loved that the roleblocker was the prostitute too.

I miss Runey...
Band is good! Band is great! Band is how I got a date!
War Damn Eagle!
I love Reputation! Love it! Gimme Gimme Gimme!!! Please.
View Public Profile Find more posts by StarOwl Add StarOwl to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Sep-2011 at 06:11)
Real life mafia is all about non-verbal communication... You have to pressure different people and see who is the worst at lying.

Pink ftw!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Natrus of PJ Add Natrus of PJ to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(25-Sep-2011 at 08:41)

Hi AMYQ! Long time no see.

Yeah, Mafia is quite fun, when you play with the right group of people. But playing with the wrong group of people leads to the same people being voted off/killed off first all the time, then it just gets lame.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege!
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - The Fear of Long Words
View Public Profile Find more posts by Alexstrasza Add Alexstrasza to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Dec-2011 at 19:57)

yay AmyQ! I miss you too!

Mafia though -_- It always pisses me off so much when I know who the mafia is and no one believes me. *anger*
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nojim Add Nojim to your Buddy List Reply with Quote