Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions > Religious Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(31-Dec-2002 at 05:09)

I believe in God. Believing is God makes a lot of sense to me it fills in stuff I don't understand. I'll believe in God until a time that God not existing is proven to me.
View Public Profile Find more posts by MontyC Add MontyC to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as DaMo1986)
(31-Dec-2002 at 05:24)

Quote:
I believe in God. Believing is God makes a lot of sense to me it fills in stuff I don't understand. I'll believe in God until a time that God not existing is proven to me.
so if believing in god fills in all the stuff you don't understand with lies (not lies from god but lies from priests and stuff)...

would you rather not understand, or not know the truth?

Quote:
anywho, i personally dont like atheists, not because they dont believe in my God, but because they seem pretty closed-minded. i dont mind if u r an agnostic, but atheists usually get on religious people's nerves with pointless remarks.
i think it's the other way around. you christians (or what ever religion you are from) are the closed minded ones. you do not listen to other people who have proper explinations. you people will believe priests and the bible with no evidence at all. and we athiests make pointless remarks? i don't think so! go to church and you will see it's 1 hour of pointless remarks! listen to some christmas carols an you will see that some are pointless and some don't make any sence at all "ding dong merrily on high" What kind of stupid carol is that

Hello
View Public Profile Find more posts by Just Someone Add Just Someone to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Dec-2002 at 05:33)
sunglasses

I believe in God, I also belive that the bible may not be accurate in some areas as it was written by men under the inspiration of God...however i do believe that the bible is correct woth the Values it teaches(I am not refering to the old testament but to the New testament)
View Public Profile Find more posts by borge Add borge to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Pheonix BD)
Donated $6.72
(31-Dec-2002 at 05:49)

Do people know that the main cause of all forms of violence are usually religion related?

The Crusades, wars, terrorism, it is all because of differences in religion.

Pakistan and Israel fight over the land that is considered holy to both of them. Well why would either of their gods want them to kill eachother just over land?

The Crusades. Jews, Christians, and Muslims, all fought over the land that was holy to them.

Terrorism. Muslim terrorists believe the western world is evil because of our tolerance of many religoins. They teach that they will go to heaven if they kill westerners, or any other not of their religion.

People get persecuted because of their religion. Killed because of it. Now why would the supposed god want this to happen?

There are so many religions in this world. How can one be right? Either most of the world is screwed over when we die, or people lead lives and believe in something that doesn't exist. Think of when you die, you just die. You cease to exist. Now you are incapable of being pissed off, but wouldn't you be if you based your entire life on nothing? Followed stupid rules for nothing?

I think religion is just a way to keep the world balanced. If people knew they weren't going to live on after death, they wouldn't care what they did here. So I think it is just a barrier to keep chaos from happening.

Life is a test and I get bad marks.

Last edited by Hurleyy, 31-Dec-2002 at 05:50.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Hurleyy Add Hurleyy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Digi Kid Izzy)
(31-Dec-2002 at 05:49)

People like dilbert, who by the way, lost a case because he was sued for being homophobic(cuz of the bible), believe everything in it to the letter. They call us atheist closed minded because we refuse to hate or discrimnate against gays and other such people. Because we believe that our futures are in our own hands, and that we have no superior being to listen to. We are close minded? We dont' tell you all to believe that, we just tel you that's what we think. You tell us we are stupid and that we will go to hell.

Izzy is back and older than ever!
View Public Profile Visit Little Kid Izzy's homepage Find more posts by Little Kid Izzy Add Little Kid Izzy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Dec-2002 at 06:16)

Quote:
Time is a nature of the universe that God created, and before the creation, there was no such thing as time, no such time period as before creation. (I think St. Augustine explained it as something along that line)
You danced around his question.

You say nothing happened before this god came into existance right? So what created this 'god'? He can't have just appeared could he? An infinity emerging from nothing.

My name is spelled wrong on purpose.
The statement below is a lie.
The statement above is a lie.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Furios Add Furios to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Phoenix BD)
Donated $6.72
(31-Dec-2002 at 06:17)

Christians, Jews, and Muslims will never win this argument until they God shows himself to us. And athiest or non-God believers will never win this argument until they prove God doesn't exist. So until then we can argue, but neither side is technically right.

View Public Profile Find more posts by Hurleyy Add Hurleyy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Dec-2002 at 06:26)
I agree Phoenix. Perhaps the question we should be asking is "Does anyone give a shite if there is a god?"
View Public Profile Find more posts by nitad001 Add nitad001 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Dec-2002 at 06:27)

i am saying atheists r more closed minded than agnostics! everyone is closed minded on things. and guess what, christians r famous for being hypocrites and procastinators. but dont tell me u have nvr been a hypocrite.

and as for u Izzy, i think u r being illogical, or blinded by hatred of me, hence forth u will probably disagree with most of my views. (and maybe u should try being an agnostic instead of an atheist)

"Light travels faster than sound, so
some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak."

Middle Class Pride
View Public Profile Find more posts by Dilbert Add Dilbert to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Dec-2002 at 06:37)

I'm illogical? Comon, That is a joke. If I really hated you, your computer wouldn't be working right now
Why should I try to be agnostic instead of atheist? What makes you the authority on my beliefs?

View Public Profile Visit Little Kid Izzy's homepage Find more posts by Little Kid Izzy Add Little Kid Izzy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Phoenix BD)
Donated $6.72
(31-Dec-2002 at 06:44)

Please stay on topic . Everyone that has an opinion about anything is close minded. Until there is solid proof of there being or not being a God religion will continue to exist, and atheism will continue to exist.

(31-Dec-2002 at 06:49)

u do realize agnostic and atheism is practically the same... its hardly trying to change ur views.

Middle Class Pride
View Public Profile Find more posts by Dilbert Add Dilbert to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Dec-2002 at 06:49)

Who created God? Who created the universe? If God doesn't exist then why does the universe exist? Where did the matter come from? Why is there ANYTHING in existence at all?

Is this all some made-up fascination created by our "intelligences" suspended in nothingness with no actual time to speak of? Is this life a dream? A hopeless reality with no purpose?

"You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body,
but you will never imprison my mind. I alone have that power."

Got game at TeamRPG.com?
View Public Profile Visit Mandrak's homepage Find more posts by Mandrak Add Mandrak to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Dec-2002 at 06:52)

There is one major difference between agnostic and atheism.
Agnostic says there could be a god. Atheist says there is no god.

Mandrak, good questions. I sadly, do not have many answeres for them. Actually, none whatsoever that I can think off, but im too hyped up on cake to think into my references.

(User is Banned)
Donated $2.77
(31-Dec-2002 at 06:54)

How are we defining God? Are we defining him/her as the Christian God? Or one of the many religions that base themselves around a God and/or Gods.

I am not Christian, but I do believe in a God/Gods.

The Kittens of Playfulness
Fire and Ice
Tails Entwined in Fun and Love
SilvreWolf My love, I am yours
View Public Profile Visit DarkSkies X's homepage Find more posts by DarkSkies X Add DarkSkies X to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Phoenix BD)
Donated $6.72
(31-Dec-2002 at 06:54)

However farfetched that was, it can be true too. Until that is definately unproven it can be true. What if we are just beings with unimaginable brain power creating this place we live in. Anything can be true.

(31-Dec-2002 at 06:57)

so if an agnostic is more open-minded, it should, by ur own views, be more idealistic.

Middle Class Pride
(31-Dec-2002 at 06:59)

I'm very idealistic. I feel that humanity can stop pretending to have an all powerful force protecting them and take it upon themselves to unify with one another to create a better humanity. At the end of the day, we are all humans.

(Posted as Phoenix BD)
Donated $6.72
(31-Dec-2002 at 07:02)

It was meant to be any God, but it is mainly Christians who are discussing this.

(31-Dec-2002 at 07:02)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Digi Kid Izzy)

I'm very idealistic. I feel that humanity can stop pretending to have an all powerful force protecting them and take it upon themselves to unify with one another to create a better humanity. At the end of the day, we are all humans.

Thats the problem, were all humans. Were all a bunch of arrogant and greedy humans.

"You spoony bard!"
View Public Profile Find more posts by TheIronMaiden Add TheIronMaiden to your Buddy List Reply with Quote