Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions > Religious Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Donated $0.52
(30-Jan-2003 at 00:00)

Krog: Your first post was answered in the Do you Believe in God? Thread.

Quote:
(Originally posted by krog711)
will someone answer this question and this question is and can be answered fully. i am wondering why all you peopel who belive in the vhristian god believe. and since oyu belive in that god you must think everyother religion is wrong. and i woudl liek to know why hinduism, buddhism, juedism, sikhism, and taoism are wrong. what makes these religions wrong and what makes oyur religion right? and if you have never studied and observed these religions than how can you sya that they are wrong? and if you do not know about all relgions how can you belive so faithfully in the first relgiion that you heard about? and are you afraid by studiying other religous texts and other religons that they will prove you's to be completly irrational(not that it isn't already). so i think i speak for every athiest here saying we are not scared of the bible because for any true athiest we knwo a decent amount about alot of relgiions so we have alot of things to base our ideas and thoughts on. and any person who doe snot know about most religions can not truly call them selves an athiest. so in conclusion what makes christiiananity right and all other relgiions wrong?
As a Christian, I believe:
a) There is a higher being, God
b) That Jesus existed and died (still questioning if it was really for our sins)
c) That God does exist, but there may be a chance that another religion is correct in their interpretation of God or that God might not exist
d) In Theistic Evolution (combination of creationism and evolution)
e) A "messenger" was sent to most cultures, resulting in different interpreations and different religions. (i.e. Mohammad, Siddhartha Gautama, Confucious[sp?], Jesus, etc.)

Nothing makes other religions wrong. Christiantiy just makes the most sense to me. Yet, I could be wrong. I've studied numerous other religious texts and beliefs.

You say as an athiest, you know a lot about other religions. It seems, you don't. The most I've got from you is that you see all religious in a stereotypical view.

In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power, Green Lantern's Light
Slave of Justara
Home~The Gaming Universe~Forums
View Public Profile Visit AznBlade's homepage Find more posts by AznBlade Add AznBlade to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Jan-2003 at 00:28)
agian alot of the things you said are answered in the "do u belive in god" tread...and i have had this god debate with every person i knwo who belives in any form of religion and i do study other relgions because what is the point of feeling so strongly about somthing whitout knowing all you can and yes tlaking to you has given me new ideas and i see you are more educated about relgions than i and i am sure there are athiest's out there that are more educated in relgiion that you. and they could sya the same thing you are syaing to me. and through all my interaction with relgiion and my study's i do not think my views are sterotypical i htink from what i have seen and heard form my own experience they are true. and yes there is exceptions to everyhitng so yes oyu may be one of those exceptions. and i am glad to talk to you because you are the most open minded educated christian i have ever tlaked to and i respect you for your thoughts and idea's and you have strong argumets but i also have strong arguments and the presence of god may never either be proven or disproven and from what i see none of what we say is going to convince each other to channce beliefs. we can olny defend what we think.
View Public Profile Find more posts by krog711 Add krog711 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Exonerate VAT)
(30-Jan-2003 at 00:31)

Quote:
(Originally posted by AznBlade)

Krog: Your first post was answered in the Do you Believe in God? Thread.

As a Christian, I believe:
a) There is a higher being, God
b) That Jesus existed and died (still questioning if it was really for our sins)
c) That God does exist, but there may be a chance that another religion is correct in their interpretation of God or that God might not exist
d) In Theistic Evolution (combination of creationism and evolution)
e) A "messenger" was sent to most cultures, resulting in different interpreations and different religions. (i.e. Mohammad, Siddhartha Gautama, Confucious[sp?], Jesus, etc.)

Nothing makes other religions wrong. Christiantiy just makes the most sense to me. Yet, I could be wrong. I've studied numerous other religious texts and beliefs.

You say as an athiest, you know a lot about other religions. It seems, you don't. The most I've got from you is that you see all religious in a stereotypical view.
Not wanting to but in or anything, but it sounds like you're more agonistic than Christian to me...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Underwhelmed Add Underwhelmed to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.52
(30-Jan-2003 at 00:36)

I was taught those beleifs in 9 years of Chrsitian schooling, and many conversations with the pastor of my church, Bishop Sartoris of Los Angeles, and Cardinal Roger Mahnoy of our district. I'm not so sure if they're agnostic as well.

In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power, Green Lantern's Light
Slave of Justara
Home~The Gaming Universe~Forums
View Public Profile Visit AznBlade's homepage Find more posts by AznBlade Add AznBlade to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Jan-2003 at 00:53)
alright anzblaze and i have been debating/shairng ideas for over an hour strait and does any thing else have anything to say on the issue or are we the only two peopel who have very stong ideas on this subject?
View Public Profile Find more posts by krog711 Add krog711 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Jan-2003 at 02:31)
How bout this. We all leave this subject alone. There are way too many things to say on anything that is related to a higher being.
View Public Profile Find more posts by JoeT1986 Add JoeT1986 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as insp)
(30-Jan-2003 at 02:46)
I am a christian here is a question for you why do non believers who at the last moments of thier life pray GOD help me if you push an athiest out a plane with out a parachute they would be praying the whole way down GOD help me .Why pray to something that is not real ? because all things know there is a GOD and his name is Jesus Christ
View Public Profile Find more posts by DRKHOLD Add DRKHOLD to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Jan-2003 at 03:11)
wow. why do u think that. have u seen a true athiest die? have u pushed an athiest out of an air planes? that is just what u think since you are a frim beliver but a true athiest woudl never do that and i will not do that. i have more diginty than that i live by own set of strict moral and ethical codes and and laong with that i have very strong belifs and i would not change a belfief of mine because of a state of health. u would just like to think that. and that is ignorant. and i would liek ot leave this subject alone because nothing can be proven so debating it is somewhat irrational because the only thing we can do is pursade people to take our side of the debate and there is alot of evidence on both sides of the story, but when someone makes a dumb comment such as

"I am a christian here is a question for you why do non believers who at the last moments of thier life pray GOD help me if you push an athiest out a plane with out a parachute they would be praying the whole way down GOD help me .Why pray to something that is not real ? because all things know there is a GOD and his name is Jesus Christ"

i think i am obligated to say somthing. so please unless you have somtign decenlty intellegent to say please don't say it.
(30-Jan-2003 at 04:56)
K, well i dont want to read EVERY post here.. I just read the first page... now, I know there is "proof" of the bible and so on and so on... but think about this.. LotR's has a strong history, it's own language and so on. it's fake. The bible could have been just a report.. think about it... a man could have been in a boat, on a especially long Monsoon season in the Middle East.. over exadurated about the length, called it a blessing of "god" that he survived, and believed that he was the only one to survive.. but it's been shown that people didn't origionate from all the same places (blacks from africa, natives of north/south america came from serbia, white/caucasion from europe). And say that the guy made a small account of it.. couple years/decades later, someone who is fanatic over god, takes it, and makes a legend of it.. putting in "all the animals of the world." Then you have people later explaining away things that happen as being "from god". there is no Proof of god.. there is proof of the bible, of that you have shown, and everyone knows... god may not exist, he may just be a very good Lord of the Rings book that has continued with a bit more religious following.

By the way, I used to be christian.. I've changed to Taoism as more of a way of life than religion. O, and if the bible and God is so real.. y are the other religions fake? they all have "proof" of their religion.

O and another thing to add, Jesus could have just been a pot head.. People said he "released demons" and "cured the possesed"... in the times of Jesus, many people who had epelipsy and other such desieses that we can cure/handle now, were called possessed... One thing that calms and cures those problems are Marijuanna... if you have epilepsy (as my friend does), if you start to convulse, wait till it supsides to less pain, smoke a joint, and continue smokeing the rest of the day... so what is it? Jesus a pot head, or a son of god?
View Public Profile Find more posts by lovegod Add lovegod to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
(30-Jan-2003 at 04:59)
the biggest problem is that none of us were there so we dont know
View Public Profile Find more posts by Budly Add Budly to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Jan-2003 at 08:58)
Quote:
(Originally posted by Enderwig)

answers have been given but the questions havent really been answered if you know what i mean. For 1 nobody has given a decent real reason why non christian people would really be afraid of the bible. It just isnt relevant to us. Surely the only people who can fear the bible are those who believe what it says not those who think it historical fiction. As this is the title of the thread i think its a bit relevant.
hello, did you read the questions that he asked? he did not ask why would people be afraid of the bible.......
View Public Profile Find more posts by gecko Add gecko to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Jan-2003 at 11:36)
ok well then answer this question why would a perosn be fraid of the bible? i think there is no reaosn i think it is an epic/moral story. it it's own world based own world. so i think there is no reaosn at all to be afraid of what i belive to be fictional and i quote "flawed"-(a christian) book.