Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions > Religious Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(02-Mar-2003 at 09:48)

can you prove God exists?

many of us strongly claims that God really exists yet in the inner sanctum of our minds, there is that doubt...do God really exist?

It's a challenge to all believers....

"the STRONG will LIVE and the WEAK shall DIE"
MONARCH of AGES
UTOPIAN MALE NURSE
View Public Profile Find more posts by death star Add death star to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old hye
(02-Mar-2003 at 09:58)
content yes

but only to myself..
you should be able to prove that to yourself...
if you really do believe........
btw feeling the Spirit come onto you is quite an experience....
View Public Profile Find more posts by hye Add hye to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Tassadar V)
(02-Mar-2003 at 10:06)

A person cannot prove God exists because the belief is based on a foundation of faith. Since faith is an emotion, not a tangible, existing anomaly, there is no way to PROVE that God exists.

So if you need proof of most things to believe in it, then you probably shouldn't believe in God.

If you can accept that some things cannot be explained, and that you sometimes just need to "believe" then you can believe in God.

Both apply to me, but I don't believe in God for the simple reason that I don't need the assurance of an afterlife or a guiding force in my life. I can live my life how I want, enjoy it, then die. I can accept that. I don't need anything else.

I Eat Orcs For Breakfast... - Rath Ironshield
Why do controversial exostential gophers insist on proliferating the unncanny source of deliberate mythology!?!?
Libertarian-leftist and fucking proud of it!
Freedom is the right to shout "theatre" in a crowded fire...

Last edited by Adrius, 02-Mar-2003 at 10:09.
View Public Profile Visit Adrius's homepage Find more posts by Adrius Add Adrius to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $16.17
(02-Mar-2003 at 10:06)
can you prove he doesn't?
thats exactly why this world allows for the agnostic...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Dahvood Add Dahvood to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Paradise of Dre)
Donated $1.76
(02-Mar-2003 at 10:33)

some wise words Tassadar V

-S---M---O---K---E-
---W---E---E---D---
-E---V---E---R---Y---
-----D---A---Y-------
View Public Profile Find more posts by Utopian Devil Add Utopian Devil to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as CrazyCab)
Donated $0.56
(02-Mar-2003 at 10:45)
A lot of people believe in God simply because they need something to believe in.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Blur Add Blur to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Lord Drizzt)
Donated $2.20
(02-Mar-2003 at 10:46)

i can't prove to you that God exists. God proves to himself you.

end of discussion

s o u l f i r e
View Public Profile Find more posts by Drizzt Add Drizzt to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Mar-2003 at 11:30)

i totally agree with Lord Drizzt... you can't really PROVE that God exists. If you could, there would be alot more Christians in this world than now It's a matter of faith, as Tassandar said.

Donuts... is there anything they can't do? - Homer Simpson
View Public Profile Find more posts by 2paclive Add 2paclive to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as The Watchmaker)
(02-Mar-2003 at 11:43)

i agree.

it is a matter of faith.

BUT if you turn it on it's head

Prove God DOESN'T exist....

Oh well. I believe and thats good enough for me

Bananas for Squee - 1.20 | Internet Connection - 19.99 | Networked Computers - 3000 |
Utopia Temple - FREE! | Pistol to Bin Laden's head - Priceless...
There are some things money can't buy | For everything else, there's SQUEE!

View Public Profile Find more posts by Squee I Add Squee I to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as blmoon)
(02-Mar-2003 at 12:46)
For those looking for more of a factual proof, i suggest reading St. Thomas Aquinas' 7 Rational Proofs for the Existence of God

THEBENGALSWILLRISEAGAIN!!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Blmoon Add Blmoon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Mar-2003 at 12:53)

You can not prove a negative. You can not prove the non-existence of God. just like you can not Disprove the existence of Santa Clause. While they can not be proved, you can not prove that God does not exist.

You get it?

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Hamlet Act I Scene v
Devoted Lover of the Sweet and Sexy Sapphyre
View Public Profile Find more posts by Scorch22 Add Scorch22 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Mar-2003 at 13:22)

well first of you can prove that santa dosen't excist by sweeping the intier northpole/greenland (not all cultures belive that he's from the northpole, and arfter sweeping the entier northpolse you would realise that there is no toy factory :P

about God... in the book of mathew 23 prophersys come true... and some of them are pretty extreme!!! they fortell that they will cast lots for his clothes and that he will be pirced (he got pirced by a spear)

Isaiah 53
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to his own way;
and the LORD has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.
verse 6... says that we all have gone astrat.. explains why there are so few christians
Matthew 7
13"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
Psalm 22:18
They divide my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing.
Titus 1
2a faith and knowledge resting on the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time,
Isaiah 7:14
Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.
Immanuel means God with us!
and the bible have been proven to be historickly corect hundreds upon hundrets of times... so if all the prophersys have come true, and God dont lie and the bible is historickly corect... why dont you belive in God? rather than some sci therorys??
View Public Profile Find more posts by Azorius Add Azorius to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Mar-2003 at 15:26)

Quote:
(Originally posted by 2paclive)
you can't really PROVE that God exists. If you could, there would be alot more Christians in this world than now

There would be a lot more of a lot of religions, not just Christianity. There are others out there you know.
View Public Profile Visit metao's homepage Find more posts by metao Add metao to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Invader 232)
(02-Mar-2003 at 15:48)

If there is a God than could someone suggest why there is war and famine? Isnt God meant to look after his creations seeming that they were created in his image by providing them with food and peace.

People who dont believe in God have made a site and everyone is welcome to look at it www.anti-christ.net

In god we trust, all others pay cash
View Public Profile Find more posts by MikeV Add MikeV to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
(02-Mar-2003 at 16:35)
Quote:
(Originally posted by Invader 232)

If there is a God than could someone suggest why there is war and famine? Isnt God meant to look after his creations seeming that they were created in his image by providing them with food and peace.

People who dont believe in God have made a site and everyone is welcome to look at it www.anti-christ.net
Interesting site, not sure if it's really about not believing in God, but quite insightfull anyway.

Anyway my questions are:

Does a tree that falls in the florest and there is no one to hear it, does it still make a noise?
I believe that it does, because when ever a tree is observed to fall without interference it makes a noise. It the energy of the fall is turned into vibration.
Can I fully disprove that it won't make a noise if there is no one there? No
- There are no observed/recorded proofs of God, but there are recorded proofs of alucinations.-

Where do souls come from?
It the soul is eternal, where does it come from? Are they recicled?
If it is from God, is he to blame for giving a person differnt/deficient soul or are all souls equal? Doen't our central nervous sistem phisiologic characteristics affect our behavour or is it just the soul?

Get 2 EQUAL baloons, connect them to a 3 ways tube, by blowing thru one end and squezing anoyher, first inflate one to 1/2 and the other two 1/4. Let the air circulate. After DOING this, can you explain it? Do you think it proves the existence of God?

My final point, think of all religions, how do you know your's is the right one? Remember chose the wrong one and go straight to hell do not pass by start and do not collect 200 euros/dollars/rublos...
...and if you think yours is the right one, what makes it and you different from the others?

"Just because you are told something all your life doesen't make it true."

Even if all the expert agreed they might still be wrong.
Blinder then the blind man is the man that does not want to see. Convictions have hurt more the truth then lies.
The supreme victory is to win without doing battle.- Sun Tzu

Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right!
View Public Profile Find more posts by cid12 Add cid12 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Invader 232)
(02-Mar-2003 at 16:46)

Get 2 EQUAL baloons, connect them to a 3 ways tube, by blowing thru one end and squezing anoyher, first inflate one to 1/2 and the other two 1/4. Let the air circulate. After DOING this, can you explain it? Do you think it proves the existence of God?

1+2=3

View Public Profile Find more posts by MikeV Add MikeV to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Invader 232)
(02-Mar-2003 at 16:55)

i was going to edit tthe abpbve message but i couldnt because the page expired so i clicked on back but the page said id have to contact the admin to make changes.

Anyway i mis-read it.I was going to reply with:-

Will you please explain this experiment further.What is a 3 ways tube?

Are you trying to say that because the air circulates this proves the existance of God?

The air ciculates because it makes the pressure equal in all things.(basic physics that we are taught in school).I dont think putting an answer to circulation as "air circulates because god exists".I would imagine that the answer would be incorrect.

Last edited by MikeV, 02-Mar-2003 at 17:00.
Donated $0.60
(02-Mar-2003 at 23:29)

Quote:
He looks after his people everyday. However, it's not his "job" to make our lives perfect. What would be the point of living then? Everything would be PERFECT day in and day out, no variety, nothing. No news, nothing new.

My point is, the key to God is turning to him in times of trouble, in times of lack of food or in war. It's not to blame everything on him because the world is not perfect and is not filled with perfect little angels.

No, I can't prove God exists. I can only believe and have faith. It's your choice not to believe in him. Can you prove that he doesn't exist?

I didn't think so.

-------------------------------------
"Genius may have its limitations,
but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

View Public Profile Find more posts by Gamharlt Add Gamharlt to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.60
(02-Mar-2003 at 23:36)

Quote:
many of us strongly claims that God really exists yet in the inner sanctum of our minds, there is that doubt...do God really exist?

It's a challenge to all believers....
It's a VERY lame "challenge" imo. I don't strongly claim, I DO claim. In the inner sanctum of MY mind, there is no doubt what-so-ever that God exists. I vowed when my niece was baptized that I believed in God. I wouldn't have accepted to be a god mother had I not believed fully in God. I cannot speak for other people, but there is no doubt in my mind there is a God.

[sarcasm]I just beat you're 'challenge'...do I get a prize?[/sarcasm]

"Genius may have its limitations,
but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

View Public Profile Find more posts by Gamharlt Add Gamharlt to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Lord Gil galad)
(02-Mar-2003 at 23:49)

exclamation mark God Exists

God exists, that is for sure and certain. If you do not believe than you are a fool because the proof of him is infront of your own eyes. The fact you and I and all of us and the very universe exists is proof that he does. We are his fingerprint, the proof of his existance because he created us and the universe.

If you decide to believe in the Big bang and scientific theories of life, than you are only studying the exact science of how God created us, whether you realize it or not.

Than again there is no "physical proof" except ourselves and our exsistance which can so eaisily be disregarded as such by the most arrogant person. That is enough proof for me, that and the bible and the feeling and prensence of God and holy Spirit in me. That should be enough for any and all of you.

Signature suspended by Starfriend for violating the forum's rules.
Stick to English

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
View Public Profile Find more posts by Aulendil Add Aulendil to your Buddy List Reply with Quote