Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions > Religious Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as Capn Owen)
Donated $1.36
(03-Mar-2003 at 00:28)

You just copied and pasted the same answer here as you did in the Do you believe in God thread.

So I will copy and paste mine.

So because we are here is proof that God exists? Hardly. Then you must also believe in all other religions that prove our existence. But you can't believe in them all now can you? Maybe I created everything? I must have becuase I say I have and you are here aren't you?

The only feeling you get from God is delusion.

I could eat a placebo that I thought was aspirin and my headache might go away. I could swear that what I had was aspirin but it really wasnt.
View Public Profile Find more posts by ghdfgsdrgsdfgdr Add ghdfgsdrgsdfgdr to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Lord Gil galad)
(03-Mar-2003 at 00:58)

exclamation mark I'll say it Again.

[quote]You just copied and pasted the same answer here as you did in the Do you believe in God thread.

So I will copy and paste mine.

[quote]

If thats what does it for you.

Me:
Quote:
Than again there is no "physical proof" except ourselves and our exsistance which can so eaisily be disregarded as such by the most arrogant person.
Thats you.

Quote:
So because we are here is proof that God exists? Hardly. Then you must also believe in all other religions that prove our existence. But you can't believe in them all now can you? Maybe I created everything? I must have becuase I say I have and you are here aren't you?
Speaking of delusions. I would never wish to see a world your tortured little mind would create! You do not have to believe every religion in the world to know what is ture, because they all believe it, and know as the fact it is.

Quote:
God was doing that to Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden wasn't he? So it was the serpent who freed us from that. So it was the serpent who made our lives the way they are today. If he hadn't done what he had we would all still be in the garden like mindless drones.
Freed us? What the hell is wrong with you! freed us from what? Paradise!? Let me get this straght you would rather live in hell led by Satan who manipulated God's creation for his own foolish amusement. Hell or paradise, I hardly think we were freed from anything. If it was not for Satan there would be no wrong in the world because Adam and Eve didn't even know what it was, until the serpent came to them.

Signature suspended by Starfriend for violating the forum's rules.
Stick to English

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
View Public Profile Find more posts by Aulendil Add Aulendil to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.60
(03-Mar-2003 at 00:59)

I'll copy paste mine then, too. Now we're all even, happy? If we do this long enough, we'll eventually get warned for spamming. [sarcasm]what fun.[/sarcasm]

Quote:

The only feelings you get from God are delusion.
How would you know what feelings you get from God? YOU don't believe in him. I get nothing near delusion from God. No, we do not believe in all other religions that prove our existence. But the religions all have commonalities. The commonalities all bring us together to believe in God.

Quote:
Maybe I created everything? I must have becuase I say I have and you are here aren't you?
I can prove you wrong. You would have needed to be here BEFORE everyone else that's older than you. That doesn't eve include all the people that are even older than the people older than you, etc. In other words, it's impossible.

To add to what I'm thinking right about now...Please don't act like a Mr.SmartyPants Capn Owen. Hypothetical situations portraying yourself as God aren't appriciated in a religious chat. I personally find it quite offensive. I don't appriciate you mocking my God.

-------------------------------------
"Genius may have its limitations,
but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

View Public Profile Find more posts by Gamharlt Add Gamharlt to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Steiger)
(03-Mar-2003 at 06:28)

Quote:
i can't prove to you that God exists. God proves to himself you.
How? Please explain this futher
View Public Profile Visit Steigere's homepage Find more posts by Steigere Add Steigere to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Mar-2003 at 07:40)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Gamharlt)

It's a VERY lame "challenge" imo. I don't strongly claim, I DO claim. In the inner sanctum of MY mind, there is no doubt what-so-ever that God exists. I vowed when my niece was baptized that I believed in God. I wouldn't have accepted to be a god mother had I not believed fully in God. I cannot speak for other people, but there is no doubt in my mind there is a God.

[sarcasm]I just beat you're 'challenge'...do I get a prize?[/sarcasm]

well..look at those replies and tell me if they don't strongly claim God's existence.when i made this challenge i made it for all who can answer not just for you.you said you vowed when your niece was baptized that you do believe in God.don't you think it's such a shallow reason for believing in Him yet you also say that in the inner sanctum of your mind you never have doubted His existence?how could that be?

"the STRONG will LIVE and the WEAK shall DIE"
MONARCH of AGES
UTOPIAN MALE NURSE
View Public Profile Find more posts by death star Add death star to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Mar-2003 at 07:46)

wow..great pice of mind from great people..thanks for answering my challenge...but this chalenge doesn't end up in here...believing in God's existence does not end up in words or rather letters only...it is through living what you believe in that you could pass this challenge...and your prize would be what you would reap in living according to what you believe in...

"the STRONG will LIVE and the WEAK shall DIE"
MONARCH of AGES
UTOPIAN MALE NURSE
View Public Profile Find more posts by death star Add death star to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Mar-2003 at 08:12)

Nobody can prove, or disaprove of god, but doubts can be made. For instance, how do you know the bible wasn't a form of Science Fiction in those ages?

All Your Base Are Belong To US!

http://www.scene.org/redhound/AYB.swf
View Public Profile Find more posts by Volraeth Add Volraeth to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Mar-2003 at 08:47)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Volraeth)

Nobody can prove, or disaprove of god, but doubts can be made. For instance, how do you know the bible wasn't a form of Science Fiction in those ages?
maybe cos no science fiction book demands that it be taken as the Word of God?

or no science fiction book was written by many different ppl over large amounts of time?

or no science fiction book would have FULFILLED prophecies in it?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ketam Add Ketam to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Mar-2003 at 09:07)
I am a Christian

I can not prove to you that God exists. I have witnessed miracles, but I don't have any evidence of them beyond my own word, and there is nothing forcing you to believe me.

I have spoken to him, but you can claim it is a delusion and that i'm just hearing voices.

No matter what argument I use, it will always involve faith. Faith is what makes a Christian believe.

Faith is not 'Seeing is Believing'
Faith is 'Believing is Seeing'

Until you've experianced God, you never know what you've been missing out on
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mousakka Add Mousakka to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Mar-2003 at 13:58)

Quote:
I can prove you wrong. You would have needed to be here BEFORE everyone else that's older than you. That doesn't eve include all the people that are even older than the people older than you, etc. In other words, it's impossible.
But you believe Jesus was God. And millions lived and died before him. Who is to say Capn Owen isnt a new, (or, if you're a Jew, the real) Messiah? Who is to say everyone isnt a Messiah, in some small way? After all, time is nothing to God. Assuming there is one.

Theres a thought. At the speed of light, light will still pass you at the speed of light. Perhaps light is God? After all, time and space are one. So space is relative too.

Wow, Im now a cult leader (theres another rant for another time: At what point does a cult become a religion? Ask yourself that. A man claims he is God, does a few 'miracles', some believers write a book, and millions believe in him. Hell, sounds pretty Heavens Gate to me. Maybe a religion is a cult without a suicidal idiot as a leader?)

Quote:
To add to what I'm thinking right about now...Please don't act like a Mr.SmartyPants Capn Owen. Hypothetical situations portraying yourself as God aren't appriciated in a religious chat. I personally find it quite offensive. I don't appriciate you mocking my God.
I find it offensive when 'intelligent' people go all religious on me. I find it more offensive when people complain that atheists are stupid and agnostics are avoiding the issue. I dont complain. Free speech remember?

I like the words of a great philosopher. You may know him by his Utopia name, Gormand. Not a great speaker, but he has great ideas. He once said on religion:

Im here, you're here, who cares how or why?

Not a bad idea I say.
View Public Profile Visit metao's homepage Find more posts by metao Add metao to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
(03-Mar-2003 at 15:25)
Did you know there are invisible flying elefants?
Did you ever saw one?
See that proves my point!

The existence of us and earth does not prove the existence of god, although some people may interpret it that way. That's like saying today I saw the sun that proves god does not exist!

My point (repeating), think of all religions, how do you know your's is the right one? Remember chose the wrong one and go straight to hell do not pass by start and do not collect 200 euros/dollars/rublos...
...and if you think yours is the right one, what makes it and you different from the others?

Still it amazes me how some people can believe in an all mighty invisible eternal being but not believe that me and Capn Owen created all this stuff, are here since the begining of time and are magicaly comunicating thru your computers...

Even if all the expert agreed they might still be wrong.
Blinder then the blind man is the man that does not want to see. Convictions have hurt more the truth then lies.
The supreme victory is to win without doing battle.- Sun Tzu

Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right!
View Public Profile Find more posts by cid12 Add cid12 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
(03-Mar-2003 at 16:32)
another copy and paste!

can you find the sintoms?
can you find the sintoms of schizophrenia in this thread?

schizophrenia:
"Any of a group of psychotic disorders usually characterized by withdrawal from reality, illogical patterns of thinking, delusions, and hallucinations, and accompanied in varying degrees by other emotional, behavioral, or intellectual disturbances. Schizophrenia is associated with dopamine imbalances in the brain and defects of the frontal lobe and is caused by genetic, other biological, and psychosocial factors.
A situation or condition that results from the coexistence of disparate or antagonistic qualities, identities, or activities: the national schizophrenia that results from carrying out an unpopular war. "

Lets's all non schizofrenic reflect for a while:

Illogical patterns of thinking?! withdrawal from reality?!
Maybe it's:
Believing in something that there is no proof that exist? That it's existence goes against logic? (an untangible being that can distorce reality in miracles, maybe?)

hallucination:
"Perception of visual, auditory, tactile, olfactory, or gustatory experiences without an external stimulus and with a compelling sense of their reality, usually resulting from a mental disorder or as a response to a drug.
The objects or events so perceived.
A false or mistaken idea; a delusion."

Perception of visual, auditory, tactile, olfactory, or gustatory experiences without an external stimulus and with a compelling sense of their reality, so to someone suffering of hallucinations he/she would believe something to be true, and feal it to be real possibly from with in.

Source: www.dictionary.com

Even if all the expert agreed they might still be wrong.
Blinder then the blind man is the man that does not want to see. Convictions have hurt more the truth then lies.
The supreme victory is to win without doing battle.- Sun Tzu

Live each day as if it was your last. One day you will be right!
View Public Profile Find more posts by cid12 Add cid12 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Mar-2003 at 16:55)

Trying to prove the existence of God to someone who does not want to believe is a waste of time. We, as believers in God are to be examples of His work and not beaters of His bible. God talks to everyone, whether they are listening or not is their problem. God does exist, the bible is not science fiction, Heaven and Hell are true, if you live the life of a believer then you will have His grace and blessing for all eternity. Debate the facts all you want to, it does not change the facts.
View Public Profile Find more posts by gallen63 Add gallen63 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Lord Gil galad)
(03-Mar-2003 at 21:03)

exclamation mark Exactly

Quote:
Trying to prove the existence of God to someone who does not want to believe is a waste of time. We, as believers in God are to be examples of His work and not beaters of His bible. God talks to everyone, whether they are listening or not is their problem. God does exist, the bible is not science fiction, Heaven and Hell are true, if you live the life of a believer then you will have His grace and blessing for all eternity. Debate the facts all you want to, it does not change the facts.
I don't think any of us could have said it better.

Signature suspended by Starfriend for violating the forum's rules.
Stick to English

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
View Public Profile Find more posts by Aulendil Add Aulendil to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as viscountess)
(Post has been warned)
(03-Mar-2003 at 21:20)
if god did existed then he wouldn't let all those crappy alliances ruin utopia, all alliances suck
View Public Profile Find more posts by vis FREECOREY Add vis FREECOREY to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.60
(03-Mar-2003 at 23:29)

Quote:
well..look at those replies and tell me if they don't strongly claim God's existence.when i made this challenge i made it for all who can answer not just for you.you said you vowed when your niece was baptized that you do believe in God.don't you think it's such a shallow reason for believing in Him yet you also say that in the inner sanctum of your mind you never have doubted His existence?how could that be?
Heelllloooo, I've believed in him for all of my life. I'm saying I VOWED it when my niece was born. Anyone can go to church or where ever they worship, take communion and say the prayers, then leave. It's another story to actually soak it all in. God is in me when I go to bed, when I sleep, when I eat; I know that. It's a total other thing for someone to admit it and realize it. I've admitted it, realized it, and it's part of my life now. I don't doubt it and there isn't a doubt in my mind.

Again, I can't prove he exists. Religion is based on faith and belief. I feel him in me where ever I go, helping me get through the day. Again, can you prove he does not exist?

"Genius may have its limitations,
but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

View Public Profile Find more posts by Gamharlt Add Gamharlt to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Capn Owen)
Donated $1.36
(04-Mar-2003 at 01:18)

Quote:
How would you know what feelings you get from God? YOU don't believe in him. I get nothing near delusion from God. No, we do not believe in all other religions that prove our existence. But the religions all have commonalities. The commonalities all bring us together to believe in God.
There you go assuming things...
I was a Lutheran for most of my life and was very heavily involved in the church. If someone a few years ago had said God didn't exist I would of told him the same nonsense all Christians say. I know what Christianity is about.

Quote:
Again, can you prove he does not exist?
This is probably the most half-assed arguement many Chrisitans come up with. When you go to court do you have to prove your innocence? Are you viewed as guilty until proven innocent?

There was a 70 foot pink and purple panda bear who spoke Russian outside my window last night.

Now prove to me he doesn't exist.

When one goes to prove God or not there are thousands of different arguements of how he does not exist or why he isn't worth following. When proving he does exist there is only one thing. Faith.

Ask yourself what is faith? Should I put all my faith in an omniscent being who only acts an imaginitive figure within my mind. Or should I put all my faith in myself and the people I love? Quit depending on God to lead you through life and give you a nice prize at the end for doing a good job and start depending on yourself and your loved ones.
View Public Profile Find more posts by ghdfgsdrgsdfgdr Add ghdfgsdrgsdfgdr to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as ImmortalVraak X)
Donated $9.37
(04-Mar-2003 at 01:23)

Here's a challenge to you Death Star:

Prove that a) Einstein's theory of relativity is right (Yes, with brand-spanking actual evidence too) and b) Darwin's theory of human savagery is right (with brand-spanking actual PHYSICAL evidence)..

You'll see that there's proof for neither.. and there won't be until we get to a level of existence that will allow us to achieve that.

To prove that God exists is the same way.. we cannot prove that God exists until we get into the same plane with God, and that's the place we call heaven, and then it'll be too late.. as the saying goes, "better safe than sorry"

You can't prove that God exists, but then you can't prove what Atheism or any other religions dictate will be true either.

So in a sense, whatever you believe in now won't be true at all, because no one has come from the dead to prove it..

Signature suspended by SM Tengu for violating the forum's rules. [Non-English rule]
View Public Profile Find more posts by Majestic Vraak Add Majestic Vraak to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Mar-2003 at 01:26)

lazy smile

Quote:
(Originally posted by Paradise of Dre)

some wise words Tassadar V

8?)8?)8?)8?)8?)8?)8?)8?)8?)8?)8?)8?)8?)8?)8?)8?)8? )8?)8?)8?)
you sound upset, ill prey for you
8?)8?)8?)8?)8?8?)8?)8?)8?)8?)8?)8?)8?)8?)8?)8?)8?) 8?)8?))8?)
View Public Profile Find more posts by scurge Add scurge to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as ImmortalVraak X)
Donated $9.37
(04-Mar-2003 at 01:29)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Capn Owen)

There you go assuming things...
I was a Lutheran for most of my life and was very heavily involved in the church. If someone a few years ago had said God didn't exist I would of told him the same nonsense all Christians say. I know what Christianity is about.
Excuse me? Nonsense? Just because you left the Church doesn't mean you have to criticize those who are in it.. We try not to flame those who attack us, we take it in humility, but calling what we say nonsense..

Quote:
Quote:
Can you prove God doesn't exist?
This is probably the most half-assed arguement many Chrisitans come up with. When you go to court do you have to prove your innocence? Are you viewed as guilty until proven innocent?
Of course you have to prove your innocence, and we *CAN* prove God exists, just not on this plane of existence.

Quote:
There was a 70 foot pink and purple panda bear who spoke Russian outside my window last night.

Now prove to me he doesn't exist.
Again, prove to me he does exist.. If I were on that very same plane of existence, then maybe I could've told you yeah..

Quote:
When one goes to prove God or not there are thousands of different arguements of how he does not exist or why he isn't worth following. When proving he does exist there is only one thing. Faith.

Ask yourself what is faith? Should I put all my faith in an omniscent being who only acts an imaginitive figure within my mind. Or should I put all my faith in myself and the people I love? Quit depending on God to lead you through life and give you a nice prize at the end for doing a good job and start depending on yourself and your loved ones.
You can do both too.. I believe in God and depend on my loved ones as well.. It's not hard.. But not to believe in God is blasphemy and heresy.. and .. well, you all know the end result for that..

Signature suspended by SM Tengu for violating the forum's rules. [Non-English rule]
View Public Profile Find more posts by Majestic Vraak Add Majestic Vraak to your Buddy List Reply with Quote