Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions > Religious Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(18-Mar-2003 at 00:52)

freak Should I prove that god doesn't exist.

Before actually proving it i had to answer:

Do you want me to prove it, or do you want to say happy but ignorant ???

In fact there is 2 possibilities.
1) The god exist, but he is not almighty and anybody can become god like.
2) It doesn't exist.

If i get 100 YES, i will prove, (Mathematically if you want), but don't scream later on.
View Public Profile Find more posts by PourriMe Add PourriMe to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Mar-2003 at 00:55)

You can't prove a negative.

~Part of the UT Christian Community~
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lord Arath Add Lord Arath to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Mar-2003 at 00:57)

Mathematicians would disagree. Usually comes in the form of proof by contradiction.

In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
-Douglas Adams
View Public Profile Find more posts by Erik64 Add Erik64 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as ImmortalVraak X)
Donated $9.37
(18-Mar-2003 at 00:57)

Mathematically I'd find it impossible to find God to be nonexistant.

Let me start out with the basis of math.

Where did Math originate from? Human interests, correct? Well, where did human interests come from? Humans, right? Well, where did humans come from? Well, gee, golly.. whiz.. we've been debating that throughout the entire course of the RGD.

Through Atheism:

No God exists. Humans come from the process of evolution, and out of nowhere, these philosophical thoughts and all else arrived.

Through Creationism:

God exists. Humans were created from God, directly implanted into society and intelligence was granted to them.

Through Atheism once more:

*left out a point*

The Big Bang also happened out of thin air, a "irregularity" in the slip of perfection.

Well.

Mathematically, you'd just be confusing yourself, simply because an abstract tool that a subject being tested has created cannot be used to evaluate the subject. (Yes, math is considered abstract in my book).

Say you had a dog. If you had a dog choose between one stranger and you, would you call that an independant judge? I wouldn't think so.

Signature suspended by SM Tengu for violating the forum's rules. [Non-English rule]
View Public Profile Find more posts by Majestic Vraak Add Majestic Vraak to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Mar-2003 at 00:58)

erm

Id like to know how you can be so sure, figuring that no-one in the world has given society solid untouchable proof that Mr. Beard isnt around. Perhaps some have, but have been sent to perish in the catacombs of some cathedral (like in Diablo )

I actually fear that once theres enough animo you will post something that is flawed, something with contradictions, generalizations, mindtricks and other hazards which can weaken the position of the atheists.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Peppie Add Peppie to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Elan Morin)
Donated $47.44
(18-Mar-2003 at 01:01)

Re: erm

Quote:
(Originally posted by Peppie)

I actually fear that once theres enough animo you will post something that is flawed, something with contradictions, generalizations, mindtricks and other hazards which can weaken the position of the atheists.
Almost certainly right. And why do you need 100 posts? Trust me, if you have absolute evidence against God, you'll have people's attention fairly quickly.
View Public Profile Visit Elan SsM's homepage Find more posts by Elan SsM Add Elan SsM to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Agent M Cooper)
Donated $1.20
(18-Mar-2003 at 01:07)

I dont need you to tell me thereŽs not a god. The thing is, if he actually exists (if thats the proper term), heŽd be contradicting everything its said about him in the bible. And if he is, heŽs nothing of what anyone belives anyway, so we can all just fuck him anyway.

"If guns kill people...Can I blame mispelled words on my pencil?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mad Morgan Add Mad Morgan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Mar-2003 at 01:13)

yea, prove it, i'd like to hear it, and if not everyone agrees talk to me on msn pppppllllease
[email protected]
View Public Profile Find more posts by Scott57 Add Scott57 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Mar-2003 at 01:16)

Oh yeah, I could prove that the Christian God isn't as he's represented, assuming he exists. It would show that he's either imperfect, or has no hand in what goes on in the universe (and beyond). It's really quite an easy proof.

Although in saying this I'm probably already shooting myself in the foot in terms of religious discussinos...

In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
-Douglas Adams
View Public Profile Find more posts by Erik64 Add Erik64 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Mar-2003 at 01:19)

God exists and theres no proof to contradict that. On the other hand there are mountains of evidence proving he does exist.

But why dont you share your math formula that proves god exists. It will probably be as stupid as the mathmatical formula that "proves" that you lose money by working hard or being educated. Our physics professor did that for our class once.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Royal Assassin3 Add Royal Assassin3 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Mar-2003 at 01:22)

Before i actually start to prove i want to know who do you consider as a god. Different people have different cultures and backgrounds, thus here is my overall definitions of the god:

A supreme being (who is maybe a creator of universe) who have a total power and can do just anything.

If you don't agree with this definition please post yours. (I want to be sure that i prove it for all gods.)
View Public Profile Find more posts by PourriMe Add PourriMe to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Mar-2003 at 01:44)

Quote:
(Originally posted by PourriMe)

Before i actually start to prove i want to know who do you consider as a god. Different people have different cultures and backgrounds, thus here is my overall definitions of the god:

A supreme being (who is maybe a creator of universe) who have a total power and can do just anything.

If you don't agree with this definition please post yours. (I want to be sure that i prove it for all gods.)
Seems fine to me so long as you dont think your proof can just be the question "Can God make a stone big enough that he cant lift it?" I can answer that one by that he can create a proxy of himself who cant lift a gaint stone a la Jesus.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Royal Assassin3 Add Royal Assassin3 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Mar-2003 at 01:50)
u know, this is gonna go on forever... u cannot prove, or disprove there is a god. we're so dang small, and insignificant that we'll never kno if god exists, till we die, and maybe not even then....

No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her sh*t
View Public Profile Find more posts by FROG M Add FROG M to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Elan Morin)
Donated $47.44
(18-Mar-2003 at 01:53)

Quote:
(Originally posted by PourriMe)

How 'bout the Discordians and their goddess, sexy 'ol Eris, goddess of Chaos? Thats been, in my experience, anyway, the toughest religon to disprove other then Taoism. But since Taoism has no God, you can't disprove it..
View Public Profile Visit Elan SsM's homepage Find more posts by Elan SsM Add Elan SsM to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Mar-2003 at 01:56)

Royal Assassin3 what proof is there of god existing? The bible? Becasue that doesn't proof that god exists it could have been easier made up by humans wanting people to follow there own beliefs then people actually in any relation to god. There is no hard core proof god exists or doesn't unless you can prove it here, I sure have never seen any.

But that doesn't mean I don't believe in god, well I guess I persoanlly don't believe absoultly in (god), I personally believe in a higher being or beings meaning there could be a god or heck even just aliens. Theres always the possibility that there nothing, but that's just my views.
View Public Profile Visit Duke Drake's homepage Find more posts by Duke Drake Add Duke Drake to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Mar-2003 at 02:02)
You cannot prove God does or does not exist. but, saying He does not exist cannot be proved by math! I would like to see how you can use math to prove that.
View Public Profile Find more posts by 1elf Add 1elf to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Mar-2003 at 02:05)

careless

Why do we have people like this? Allow people to believe what they wish to believe. Don't be a dick and a dumbass trying to force people to believe in the same things you do.

I believe there is a "god" or higher power. That he/she/it created us and continues to watch over us. Compared to other creatures man sets itself different. No I don't believe we came from monkeys and no I don't believe that we were created by aliens.

Duke Drake, if you are athiest ok but don't ruin people's faith by saying "God dosen't exsist and I can prove it!" You can't prove shit! Mathmatically or other wise!

No body believes in faeries anymore, but, that's okay. We don't believe in you either!

Last edited by Yosei, 18-Mar-2003 at 02:06.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Yosei Add Yosei to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Mar-2003 at 02:11)

I would be more impressed if you could prove you don't exist.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Marduk III Add Marduk III to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Mar-2003 at 02:15)

Its is not because i prove that god doesn't exist taht you have to stop believing in it. "Everybody knows smoking is bad, but everybody smoke."

So you don't have to stop beliving. (Or your life would be a hell, like mine )
(18-Mar-2003 at 02:15)

...which we all know is impossible with that famous quote "I think (or doubt), therefore I am."

-Douglas Adams