Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(13-May-2003 at 09:49)
question How Do I Do An Elite Pump

hey i'm just wondering how get a good elite pump and wat an elite pumnp is???, i'm an Orc/Warrior
View Public Profile Find more posts by bloodnukle Add bloodnukle to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
Donated $2.77
(13-May-2003 at 10:00)

Its when you stop a lot of your growth to train Elites. Think Science Pump but using Elites instead

So what you looking at is trying to maximise your income and reduce your Elite costs to train the most Elites in the shortest period of time, to go back to growing.

So you basically want maximum Armories and as many Banks as you can spare, 40-50% or more if you can.

º»ºThe Kittens of Playfulnessº«º
Fire and Ice
Tails Entwined in Fun and Love
º»ºSilvreWolf My love, I am yoursº«º
View Public Profile Visit DarkSkies X's homepage Find more posts by DarkSkies X Add DarkSkies X to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-May-2003 at 10:48)
1) Drop draft to 45-50%.
2) Get loads of defense
3) Have 28.7% armouries
4) Get as many banks as possible
View Public Profile Find more posts by kashiva Add kashiva to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-May-2003 at 11:27)

After science is max, build 30% armouries and 40% banks

ineser the Imperial
Cyber/Furious Angel[Part of Raging Angels IV-VII]
View Public Profile Find more posts by ineser Add ineser to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-May-2003 at 11:32)
sunglasses Re:

Actually 28.6% is enough, save the 1.4% for banks
But be careful when you do elites pump, you may have to keep some WT if you get hostile or at war.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Emc2 Add Emc2 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.56
(14-May-2003 at 05:28)
Banks then Armouries

Did keep 80% a few day and change 28.6% armouries better ?
This will make elite pump faster because income is more.
If keep 28.6% armouries daily it will not worth.
IF use 80% , can train elite at once , but more dangerous.
View Public Profile Find more posts by waimeng Add waimeng to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as loverdobby)
(14-May-2003 at 08:09)

AS an undead...if u want slow but long term be like me get 200 leets each attack slow ..but great....or not get

20% WT
50% Bank
30% armouries

since ur undead u dont need farm hehehe

*Weirdo Brother of Shadowpheonix*
Leader Of the Weirdo club house
Proud member of the UT Peace Community

Squee's Squee
View Public Profile Find more posts by dobbytheten Add dobbytheten to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as author)
(14-May-2003 at 08:13)
I went 95% banks

I also had over 180 nw/a when I started. well over 200 with 50 mil gc

used it all at once

Last edited by Vukk, 14-May-2003 at 08:14.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Vukk Add Vukk to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-May-2003 at 08:13)

question

Yeah, why is everyone forgetting about the 1.4% you can put into other buildings? Really, those kind of details DO matter.
View Public Profile Find more posts by B Squall Add B Squall to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-May-2003 at 08:35)

i say if u have this you will do well in a elite pump...

1) 25% arms
2) 25% or more banks
3) good dpa (11.5 DEF SPECS per acre - 46 raw dpa without your elites)
4) do not attack during this pump...if you want to try to speed things up you can do plunders if you find good targets...but i would try to stay away from sending out elites(to keep your defense up)
5) i would also suggest decent population and alchemy science

That is a pretty conservative elite pump, but after 2 real days of doing this you will have a good amount of elites...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as zer0gravity)
(14-May-2003 at 08:55)
This is a good way of doing elite pumps.

1. Try having the whole kd elite pumping at the same time.
2. Have 4 ally kd's which u can use as hostile blocks and declare on 2 of them and then let the other 2 declare on u, and tell ur kd not to hit the other one. This is so that other kds will not be able to declare on u.
3. If attacker, convert ur offence into elites first then def > elites
4. If explorer, convert def > elites and have Inspire Army on as much as possible.
5. Do short SCI pump before elite pump and pump alot of achemy so u can get more money each hour.
6. If u can find targets which u can thieve and get money off, or u can attack with plunders.

Thats pretty much it

“When the bee comes to your house, let her have beer; you may want to visit the bee's house some day.”

“When you throw dirt, you lose ground.”
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ton HaJ Add Ton HaJ to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-May-2003 at 15:38)
you man i jsu todnt bother with elites pumps but im an avian so it helps ive trained 7k elites with jsut hits so as it stands if ya want elites go avain
View Public Profile Find more posts by Gortex Add Gortex to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-May-2003 at 15:45)
if there is one thing i do NOT like about sci/elite pumps it having to build. especially if you're an attacker.

why i don't like sci/elite pumps.

1. the barren lands...lower your networth making you VERY landfat (see my thread on defense i just made) and very likely to get attacked. losing part of what you just did. though in a sci pump it makes it a little more effective..

2. they take too long. i prefer just changing a few things around like taking out your barracks for armories or libs/unis whatever (i already have 15% banks 10% arms in.)

3. releasing your forces to soldiers..make you extremely landfat. i'd rather convert elites though battles...=) much more effective and less costly, especially if you're elf. just pump in archers and heroes and have about 10-20% arms and attack like mad...=P

-30% Training Time
-35% Combat Losses
-30% Military Costs
View Public Profile Find more posts by dbbv99 Add dbbv99 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as dryan)
(14-May-2003 at 16:17)

elite pumps are just very bad....somehow gd...

no money no talk

WLOT
General Of WLOT
View Public Profile Visit Dryan WLOT's homepage Find more posts by Dryan WLOT Add Dryan WLOT to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-May-2003 at 17:09)
Quote:
if there is one thing i do NOT like about sci/elite pumps it having to build. especially if you're an attacker.
I absolutely agree. I don't like to stop my growth, raze and rebuild all my buildings, do nothing but pump for several days, then have to convert my buildings back to attacker. The worst part is if the kingdom gets into a war while I'm pumping, I'm useless because of lack of retal power. (This is different for T/Ms, who can still be effective while pumping, although they might be more vulnerable)

I prefer to do the "running pump", which is where I drop a few Barracks and Forts for banks/arms or banks/unis and keep everything else normal. I continue attacking like normal, maybe a bit more cautiously, while dumping all my spare gold into Sci or Elites. I find that doing this, I can get nearly as much sci or elites over a week as a pumper would do in a 3-4 day pump. But I feel a lot less vulnerable since I dont have to convert so many buildings.
View Public Profile Find more posts by BoddoZerg Add BoddoZerg to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-May-2003 at 17:31)
that's basically what i'm doing. except i'm taking ALL of of my barracks except maybe 1-2% or just take em out all together . if i attack it'll be on the islands next to me and it'll be a sure target.

everything else i have in will be the same..except i'd like to keep forts up..in case i get a retal hasty retal.

set your draft to around 60-62%.and attack like mad. ask for aid or steal if possible for money to build.

62% atfter an attack
60% when your lands get in.

my setup

8% farms (cast fertile lands when needed)
10%-17% arms
15% banks (i get an ok income) to throw into troops or archers. another thing is that you get more income because your army is always out.
10% forts (normal)
12% watchtowers (normal)
20% guilds (normal attack/mage setup) can be lowered put into banks or arms or libs or unis if needed. but this would mean more building and as i said i HATE building.
10% towers (normal)
7% stables (normal)
1% dungeons (normal)
7% libs or unis (disregard if 17% arms)

not very effective science pump but elites should be pooring in after attacks and from arms if you attack right. and you keep a pretty high dpa. train troops about 3/5 heroes 2/5 archers and don't train an elite directly unless needed. keep a very high dpa in archers and try not fail attacks..

Last edited by dbbv99, 14-May-2003 at 17:35.
View Public Profile Find more posts by dbbv99 Add dbbv99 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-May-2003 at 17:41)
In reply to dbbv99 :

Dont you think it's very time consuming?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Emc2 Add Emc2 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-May-2003 at 17:49)
it is but i log on a lot. so i don't mind...this is not recommended for someone who doesn't play very often.. just try not attack 1 time a day rest of the time train /build. don't double built unless you get a very good income.

save enough money (use angel) before your lands get in that you can build it all in one or two days.

rest of the time look for targets and train troops.

Last edited by dbbv99, 14-May-2003 at 17:54.
(15-May-2003 at 01:28)
well i'm gona have to cancel that "running" pump...we got a hostile declaration..grr!!!!

al i have to do is speed built 150 baracks and i'm good.
(15-May-2003 at 04:44)
heres what i do with my elite pumps...in 2 stages, this i just vague
get ur basic buildings, ie only stuff you NEED ie farms and wt's
get as man banks as you can, un train ur off specs. realease into pesantry.

wait 5 days.

raze 29-30% of ur banks, and put into armouries...set draft to desired level, say 30% more than what the current level of military-pez level

wait for armouries to come in, dump all into elites. wait 24 hours, realease as many def specs as required, and train into elites.
then realease a few more, and train them as off specs.

switch back to normal strat, and away you go!

also, watch out for the military upkeep unless ur dwarf or elf, it hurts with lots of elites.
View Public Profile Find more posts by ChEmiKal Add ChEmiKal to your Buddy List Reply with Quote