Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Angel > Options Discussions and Suggestions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(22-May-2003 at 18:04)
blush How the hell do i use this!

PLEASE HELP. I've downloaded the latest angel but i've got no idea how to use it! please tell me what to do. all i've done is downloaded it to my work and thats it PLEASE give me a step by step guide from there. I've heard you can build in percentages and thats why i got it cos i'm following a guide
View Public Profile Find more posts by peepsu Add peepsu to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(22-May-2003 at 19:41)

lightbulb Re: How the hell do i use this!

Right-click the blue tray-icon, and then click Online Help.

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-May-2003 at 21:53)
i've read about the blue icon but i don't know where that is. i want to know wot to do straight after downloading it e.g where to instal etc
View Public Profile Find more posts by peepsu Add peepsu to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as hiddeneye)
(23-May-2003 at 04:48)
ok, here goes. First of all, you need to make sure you unzipped the download. (if you don't know how to do this, post again). then you need to go to the .exe file "Angel.exe" (the default install location is C:\Utopia\Angel) and double click to run the program. Now, on your desktop, next to the time display , RIGHT click on the blue/teal magic gypsy ball looking thing (this type of icon is called a tray icon). when you right click on it, it should pop up a menu. From your original question, i'm thinking you will want to click on "Buildings Calculator". From there you should be able to figure it out. It takes a little while to figure out the program, but i got most of it by just playing around with it, and asking stupid question when i had them.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Igrado Add Igrado to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Jul-2003 at 22:10)

Quote:
(Originally posted by peepsu)

i've read about the blue icon but i don't know where that is. i want to know wot to do straight after downloading it e.g where to instal etc
okay, if youve saved the program in a seperate folder, open it. Click on the Icon and a winzip window will pop up. unzip the file, then go to the C drive. Scroll down and you will see a folder entitled "Utopia" Click on it. you will then see another file that is entitled "Angel" click on it. From there you will see a blu crystal-ball icon, right click the icon and create a shortcut to place on the desktop. Then click on the icon, when the program is opened, you should see a small blue crystal-ball Icon on the bottom right hand side of the screen. from there, do what BG (Brother Green) said:

Quote:
Right-click the blue tray-icon, and then click Online Help.
of course thats how you do for windows...you may have mac *cough* which sucks *cough*

(`._.[ ]._.)
.: :. Lord Anubis .: :.
R.I.P. Kayla Renee Winterfeldt; born 28th of October 2004, died 28th of October 2004
I am for freedom of religion and against all maneuvers to bring about a legal ascendancy of one sect over another. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Lord Anubis, 01-Jul-2003 at 22:11.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lord Anubis Add Lord Anubis to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as illuvata)
Donated $1.88
(02-Jul-2003 at 00:57)
Quote:
(Originally posted by Lord Anubis)

of course thats how you do for windows...you may have mac *cough* which sucks *cough*
you cant run angel at all on macs, so not being able to access the help isn't an issue
View Public Profile Find more posts by Illuvatar Add Illuvatar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Jul-2003 at 04:53)
*cough*cough* I have a Mac because my wife is a graphic designer. Is there a way to get an Angel program that works for us lonely people *cough*cough*? If someone can post a thread that may have one, I would really appreciate it!

Why, hello there...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Magista Add Magista to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as illuvata)
Donated $1.88
(05-Jul-2003 at 05:06)
Quote:
(Originally posted by Magista)

*cough*cough* I have a Mac because my wife is a graphic designer. Is there a way to get an Angel program that works for us lonely people *cough*cough*? If someone can post a thread that may have one, I would really appreciate it!
unless you want to emulate windows, no
View Public Profile Find more posts by Illuvatar Add Illuvatar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote