Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions > Religious Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as Lord Drizzt)
Donated $2.20
(21-Jul-2003 at 14:48)

Belnick, sue me because I found something of which I saw on TV plausible.

Black Fighter, God is also known as "Father". Men are also known as "Sons of God". If you think that the verses look funny, good for you.

s o u l f i r e
View Public Profile Find more posts by Drizzt Add Drizzt to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Jul-2003 at 15:55)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Lord Drizzt)

Black Fighter, God is also known as "Father". Men are also known as "Sons of God". If you think that the verses look funny, good for you.
Jesus is also known as the 'son of god'. Does that mean that we should not take this phrase literaly, that he is in fact not the son of god at all, but an ordinary person?

Ignorance, the root and the stem of every evil - Plato
Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.
Only Sheep need a shepherd!
Religion is like communism: Good idea, bad execution
View Public Profile Find more posts by reetard Add reetard to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as jh211988)
(User is Banned)
(21-Jul-2003 at 18:04)

Quote:
(Originally posted by reetard)

Jesus is also known as the 'son of god'. Does that mean that we should not take this phrase literaly, that he is in fact not the son of god at all, but an ordinary person?
Drizzt, the title sons of God refer to people who truly follow Christ, and believe without a doubt in God.

As such reetard, Jesus is no ordinary man. He is free from sin, and so are many people like Christian Hafuche, and Ulf Ekman.

Religion is the mental disease of the masses.
"Once again, religion is like sniffing gasoline. Both cause permanant brain damage." -- Obsidian
View Public Profile Find more posts by dothackRAVE Add dothackRAVE to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Jul-2003 at 22:06)

Quote:
(Originally posted by jh211988)

As such reetard, Jesus is no ordinary man. He is free from sin, and so are many people like Christian Hafuche, and Ulf Ekman.
I'm pretty sure that mot Christians would disagree with you there. Jesus is the only man supposedly free of sin. If I were a Christian I'd be offended to see names of random preachers alongside the son of god.

Ignorance, the root and the stem of every evil - Plato
Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.
Only Sheep need a shepherd!
Religion is like communism: Good idea, bad execution
View Public Profile Find more posts by reetard Add reetard to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Black Fighter)
(21-Jul-2003 at 23:02)

jh is right about that one verse of the dragon being Satan...I wonder how litterary we should take that but there are still many other verses talking of dragons.

About the "sons of God" thing in Genesis 6,

to me it seems obvious that 2 different groups are talked about. Humans on one side and the sons of God on the other side. It also explains the Giants; they weren't humanoid but quarter God - sounds like Greek / Roman mythology here...

But frankly I do not care much if it are sons of God, Angels or plain Humans here. The subject now is that the bible claims Giants were on earth - which I find just as ridiculous as it's claims on powerfull sorcerers or dragons.
View Public Profile Visit Apeiron's homepage Find more posts by Apeiron Add Apeiron to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Belnick HaJ)
(22-Jul-2003 at 02:17)

Quote:

you find it likly that giants walked the earth ?
so you go to school saying you belive in giants??

so the tallest humanoids that walked the earth are the giants ?
not cro magnon?

btw I live in sweden, we can't sue for anything heeh and if we can it is not worth it anyway

this is not USA

Within darkness comes enlightenment.
There is no god, there is no Devil, there is no heaven or Hell
STYX HaJ challenged Lord Hawk - He ran off
View Public Profile Visit Belnick the God's homepage Find more posts by Belnick the God Add Belnick the God to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Jul-2003 at 04:21)

the bible is not a fact book. myths were not created by the writers of the bible alone, they're created by people who feel the need to explain something they cannot comprehend. consider the background (lifestyle, culture, etc.) of the people who wrote it centuries ago first before putting people, and even the idea of god, in little boxes (i.e. "blind").

personally, i think the bible was badly written, whoever wrote it was indeed inspired, probably overflowing with faith, but not "divinely" inspired, and of course it is not infallible. the Church used that argument a very long time ago to dismiss all arguments against her legitimacy.

there is nothing wrong with Christianity (the religion) or any other religion, even atheism, but to be truly and rationally an atheist you must have full knowledge of all religions in the world to be able to reject them all and say they're not for you... which is one reason i cannot call myself an atheist. i am only familiar with Christianity. anyway... the fault is with people. contrary to Jewish belief, i do not think those who believe in a different god (i.e. Allah) or who do not believe at all are damned (of course not!). people from long ago just coined that bullsh*t to make people believe their religion is better than others. so i think a true Christian, in knowing a colleague who's Buddhist, would not force that person to join his religion but rather would encourage him to excel in his own religion/beliefs. true also for any rational being who respects the rationality of other beings...

so stop trying to convince Christians or other people who follow a religion that their religion is crap already. this is getting old.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Aletheia Add Aletheia to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as dravid)
(22-Jul-2003 at 04:48)
Re: Mythical Creatures & The Bible

Quote:
(Originally posted by Black Fighter)
Giants
According to the bible, giants were on earth.
So you are saying that cos we have no fossil records of giants they don't exist? I thought you believed in evolution...

and the Bible is recording history in those passages. All the way down to David and Goliath, giants are mentioned. So you tell me, if we have historical accounts of giants from eye witnesses, why do we need a fossil?

Quote:
(Originally posted by Black Fighter) Dragons
Don't make jokes in a game like Utopia, we should fear the Dragons for they are real!
A couple of things. Firstly a number of these (without looking them up individually) are probably figurative. Secondly the thing with the Bible was that it was first translated into English in the 1600's. At that time the word 'dinosaur' wasn't around, and there is evidence to suggest that these references may be referring to dinosaurs.

The Chinese for instance, historically frequently refer to what we know as dinosaurs as 'dragons'

Quote:
(Originally posted by Black Fighter) Cockatrices
Whatever these may be...
Probably some sort of snake, at least in the NKJV it is translated as such.

Quote:
Unicorns
Yup, these are real too.
Once again my Bible does not translate Unicorn...

Quote:
Angels & Demons
Actually more likely angels and angels... demons are just the bad angels!

Quote:
Sorcerers, witches, fortune tellers, mediums, magicians etc.
are you saying that none today have any real power? I would argue that there are some who do have real power, albeit pobably of Satanic influence

Quote:
Other gods & sons of God
The term 'sons of God' generally just refers to God's people. In Genesis 6, it is likely that the Godly line of Seth (sons of God) married those who weren't from this chosen line (daughters of men).
View Public Profile Find more posts by Aussie Dravid Add Aussie Dravid to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Lord Drizzt)
Donated $2.20
(22-Jul-2003 at 06:37)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Belnick HaJ)

you find it likly that giants walked the earth ?
so you go to school saying you belive in giants??

so the tallest humanoids that walked the earth are the giants ?
not cro magnon?

btw I live in sweden, we can't sue for anything heeh and if we can it is not worth it anyway

this is not USA
Is it my avatar, or do you look down on people for such pathetic reasons?
Did you read my whole posts? I said that there is archaelogical evidence for 13 feet tall humans (at least, whatever they believed to be almost humans in the evolutional path). No, not giants as in Harry Potter giants or whatever, but giants compared to Moses.

s o u l f i r e
View Public Profile Find more posts by Drizzt Add Drizzt to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as NazcaFlame)
(22-Jul-2003 at 06:47)

Well, 13 feet compared to 5 feet isn't exactly a grasshoppers point of view...
Anyway, what's wrong with Drizzt's avatar? I don't know where it's from (The Simpsons? Looks like the style), but it's a cute dog.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nazka Add Nazka to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Jul-2003 at 09:19)

Quote:

I said that there is archaelogical evidence for 13 feet tall humans (at least, whatever they believed to be almost humans in the evolutional path)
And can you post a source about that?
View Public Profile Find more posts by DHoffryn Add DHoffryn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $9.31
(22-Jul-2003 at 09:43)

Quote:

Did you read my whole posts? I said that there is archaelogical evidence for 13 feet tall humans (at least, whatever they believed to be almost humans in the evolutional path). No, not giants as in Harry Potter giants or whatever, but giants compared to Moses.
Im sorry to tell you this, but THERE HAS NEVER BEEN 12 FEET TALL "HUMANS". I dont know who else in here believes in that crap, so if you cant provide an evidence for this, I suggest you stop talking about them.

My MSN is still [email protected].
My Skype is kapteindynetrekk
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nimon Add Nimon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.44
(22-Jul-2003 at 12:43)

Sorry - but humans are physically incapable of being 13' tall.

Even in their current state, with health care advanced much further than prior aeons, human beings around 7' are starting to suffer tremendously from back pains and overweighted legs. They are currently taller than they have ever been... and if they grew to 13', they'd snap - simply break in two, as the body can't withstand such forces...

On another note - the size of 'nostrils' can't be proven archeoligically, as that data would not live from 10k years ago to now, let alone longer... Nostrils are flesh based... what is inside a nose is something else... Apart from that, larger nostrils would most likely point at a LOWER oxygen level, since in that case you wouldn't need to inhale as much air to reach the oxygen level you'd need to function.

Famous for nowty by nature
View Public Profile Visit Aerath's homepage Find more posts by Aerath Add Aerath to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Belnick HaJ)
(22-Jul-2003 at 12:54)

Quote:

yea but moses were like 120 cm right, have not read the thing, other than things we were forced to when we took that thing your parents give you money for hehe, but were not not from one of those arab countries, they are usually small, so all ppl around 2 meters were giants to him hehe

Last edited by Belnick the God, 22-Jul-2003 at 13:01.
Edit reason: I eat meat
View Public Profile Visit Belnick the God's homepage Find more posts by Belnick the God Add Belnick the God to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as jh211988)
(User is Banned)
(22-Jul-2003 at 13:04)

Quote:
(Originally posted by reetard)

I'm pretty sure that mot Christians would disagree with you there. Jesus is the only man supposedly free of sin. If I were a Christian I'd be offended to see names of random preachers alongside the son of god.
When I said free from sin I meant that the above preachers do not commit sin.

I didn't say they weren't sinners.

And the preachers I mentioned are not random, they are pretty famous. Ulf Ekman is an apostle of God, and Christian Hafuche is a healer. There are some other famous ones too, like Phil Pringle, who had one million in his services.

"Once again, religion is like sniffing gasoline. Both cause permanant brain damage." -- Obsidian
View Public Profile Find more posts by dothackRAVE Add dothackRAVE to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Belnick HaJ)
(22-Jul-2003 at 17:21)

Quote:
(Originally posted by jh211988)

When I said free from sin I meant that the above preachers do not commit sin.

I didn't say they weren't sinners.

And the preachers I mentioned are not random, they are pretty famous. Ulf Ekman is an apostle of God, and Christian Hafuche is a healer. There are some other famous ones too, like Phil Pringle, who had one million in his services.
ulf ekman???

a sweed ?

(Posted as Lord Drizzt)
Donated $2.20
(23-Jul-2003 at 03:04)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Aerath)

Sorry - but humans are physically incapable of being 13' tall.

Even in their current state, with health care advanced much further than prior aeons, human beings around 7' are starting to suffer tremendously from back pains and overweighted legs. They are currently taller than they have ever been... and if they grew to 13', they'd snap - simply break in two, as the body can't withstand such forces...
How so, if the body keeps proportions?
Quote:
On another note - the size of 'nostrils' can't be proven archeoligically, as that data would not live from 10k years ago to now, let alone longer... Nostrils are flesh based... what is inside a nose is something else... Apart from that, larger nostrils would most likely point at a LOWER oxygen level, since in that case you wouldn't need to inhale as much air to reach the oxygen level you'd need to function.
Yet for some reason scientists can determine the size of nostrils, brains, etc..

This may not be the best source, but read this article anyway.

http://www.trueauthority.com/dinosaurs/death.htm

s o u l f i r e
(23-Jul-2003 at 03:34)
careless

Hey, you know what Im gonna give you? A pat on the back and say 'Sorry guys, your wasting your time.'

Heres the thing, parts of the bible are LITERAL some are not.

When the bibles uses the word 'dragon' to represent Satan, do you think that Satan is actually a dragon? Perhaps flying or hiding in a cave as we speak? Maybe he is hungry because he hasnt been out in a long time? Maybe his stomach aches? Could his legs be sore from hiding so long?
Unlikely at best right? So what did I do? For sake of debate I went to dictionary.com looked up "dragon" found this:
A fiercely vigilant or intractable person.
Something very formidable or dangerous.

I think that with a little common sense you could apply that to the devil. Still with me?

Based on this fact, if a person is trying to dispove the bible, find something you dont think is right and then RESEARCH it. Look into other translations, go the extra step, dont make a list of what YOU dont like and try to make a post about it. Many translations are based on the aincent scrolls themselves, or at least, parts of the scrolls that are available. Because of this some translations will use different english words. Yours used 'cockatrice' mine uses 'poisonous snake', or 'snake' If you dont have a clear picture of the bible, you are basically shooting your own thread.

Dont over exert yourself on trying to prove it wrong, I have done the research and it all makes sense and its all true if you do the proper research.

You all have been arguing a lot of things, just for the record here are the facts on GIANTS (Nephilim)
Who were “the sons of the true God” that were involved? Were they men who were worshipers of God (different from the wicked man of the time), as some claim? Evidently not. The bible impies that their marriage to earthly women resulted in wickedness spreading through the earth. Basically angels going against their creator. And so these babies (soon to be Giants, Nephilim) that were born of angel turned man and woman became giants, they did not stop growing when a normal person would. There you go.

I know the facts on every single point you brought up. Im not telling you anymore because you WANT to prove the bible wrong, and in my experience some will do so blindly. Do your own research and you will get your own answers.
View Public Profile Find more posts by sawer101 Add sawer101 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as NazcaFlame)
(23-Jul-2003 at 04:54)

mad

Well, to me, it sounds like the Bible is literal when it serves your argument for it to be, and "Just a metaphor" when it makes no sense and can be proven contradictory to other parts.

Belief, "faith" if you will, is pointless unless founded by fact, and once founded by fact no longer becomes belief. - Lunar2
I'm not a hero, I'm not a saviour - Forget what you know - I'm just a man whose circustances went beyond his control.
Welcome to Tycho-Magnetic Anamoly One.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nazka Add Nazka to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as jh211988)
(User is Banned)
(23-Jul-2003 at 13:15)

Quote:
(Originally posted by NazcaFlame)

Well, to me, it sounds like the Bible is literal when it serves your argument for it to be, and "Just a metaphor" when it makes no sense and can be proven contradictory to other parts.
Belief is not faith, and faith is not a figment of my imagination, it is based on facts and experience.

I'm sure you would find it hard to trust a stranger with your wallet. But once you have trust and faith as you know him more and more, you will be able to just leave your wallet with him.

Also, you just have to accept it that you're on the losing end. Nobody(Christians) ever believed dragons existed, you misunderstood the Bible, accept it. That's all.

Last edited by dothackRAVE, 23-Jul-2003 at 13:18.