Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions > Religious Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(13-Feb-2004 at 20:15)
No one is certain exactly to what extent, the number of gods the Hindu pantheon is really composed of.

It ranges anywhere from 1 million gods to 35 million gods.

I put 3 million as a figure to give an example of the large multitude of the different gods they worship.

No Hindu worships Brahman directly... Brahman is not a god they worship, and is not even referred to as a god in many cases. Brahman is more of the quintessential substance which is one with the universe.

---
Those that choose not to open their eyes, will expect to see me once they do.
View Public Profile Find more posts by EgAMaD BoD Add EgAMaD BoD to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Feb-2004 at 04:51)

The Hindu Pantheon isn't made up of all those seperate gods, They are all facets of one God.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sister Klon Add Sister Klon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Feb-2004 at 16:46)

Quote:
(Originally posted by EgAMaD BoD)

No one is certain exactly to what extent, the number of gods the Hindu pantheon is really composed of.

It ranges anywhere from 1 million gods to 35 million gods.

I put 3 million as a figure to give an example of the large multitude of the different gods they worship.

No Hindu worships Brahman directly... Brahman is not a god they worship, and is not even referred to as a god in many cases. Brahman is more of the quintessential substance which is one with the universe.
Quote:
Hindus believe in one Supreme Being. The plurality of Gods are perceived as divine creations of that one Being. So, Hinduism has one supreme God,
from: http://www.himalayanacademy.com/book...fHinduism.html

Quote:
Brahma, Vishnu and Siva. are not three independent and separate deities, but three different aspects of the same Supreme God,

Quote:
Hinduism is sometimes said to be a religion of millions of Gods. Yet it is based on a firm belief in the Absolute Divine—the singular force that joins all facets of existence. Most Hindus believe that the Absolute takes on many forms, however, and so worshippers pray to different Gods and Goddesses who embody the power of the Divine.
from: http://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/meet...tro/index.html

As I said One God in many forms!

Work like you will live forever and live like you will die tommorrow!
View Public Profile Find more posts by PatrioticSpirit Add PatrioticSpirit to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Feb-2004 at 12:26)

Except apparently Shiva was added by a Jezebel type figure, who introduced Baal to the Isrealites.

If you read revelations the way I do.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sister Klon Add Sister Klon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
(02-Mar-2004 at 13:02)

Re: Chrisitanity is full of hypocritical statments and lies!

Quote:
(Originally posted by Lord Anubis)

FIRST OFF LET ME SAY I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST CHRISTIANS, AS ALL OF MY FRIENDS ARE CHRISTIANS.

The bible states (in the 10 commandments) that "Thall shalt not kill". And yet look at the crusades. Look at the Salem Witch Trials (If I am not mistakes, which I know im not as I have studied the trials. The accusers AND judeges AND hangers, etc. were all christians.)

Again, using the "Thou shalt not kill" example. (1) Jesus was born a Jew, correct? And was it not the chrisitians (and muslims working together) that drove off the Jews? Was it not the christians that killed so many jews?

The bible is so-called written by god himself...what did he do? pick up a pencil and a few peices of paper thinking "Lets write a book today". No. The Bible states that Jesus heard the voice of god. The bible states Moses heard the voice of god. But who was around to verify this? They were always out in the middle of nowhere, with no one else around. How do the writter of the bible know this happened? How do they no Jesus didnt pick up a joint on his way home from picking berries, and got a little high? ( ) We dont know this. And what is your proof behind Adam and Eve? I have more proof I can fly than what's behind that.
So right.... so right....
View Public Profile Find more posts by XelNaga Add XelNaga to your Buddy List Reply with Quote