Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: well?
yes I would (reason please) 29 53.70%
no, never (reason please) 25 46.30%
Who voted? Voters: 54
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as Silent Scream)
(03-Mar-2004 at 02:50)

if you have the power, do you want to end world suffering?

Nature makes us suffer from our own actions, and we make ourselves storng, by making others suffer... If you have the power, do you want to end all this?

Do you think suffering is one of the aspect of life that we must have?

A new begining awaits, a begining where I am free, and this world will mean nothing to me, as it always has been a big nothing
The halls of this fortress shall be silent again, you shall trouble me no more
View Public Profile Find more posts by SwordsWorth Add SwordsWorth to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Mar-2004 at 03:03)
Nature as in what, the elements? I'm not sure what you are asking. If it is the elements then no, read the Giver

----------------------------------------
Military Intelligence is in itself a contradiction-Some random General
I HATE LANDLUSTS!!!
We are not retreating, we are just advancing in another direction-General Douglas MacArthur
View Public Profile Find more posts by elfmage9 Add elfmage9 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Mar-2004 at 03:05)

without suffering, there is no pleasure.
View Public Profile Find more posts by wallfire Add wallfire to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Mar-2004 at 03:09)
Yeah, thats true since there would be no more definition of pleasure vs. pain

----------------------------------------
Military Intelligence is in itself a contradiction-Some random General
I HATE LANDLUSTS!!!
We are not retreating, we are just advancing in another direction-General Douglas MacArthur
View Public Profile Find more posts by elfmage9 Add elfmage9 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Mar-2004 at 03:21)

The truth is, unless you're God, you'll never have the power the end everyone's suffering... Even if you were the king of the world.

If all else fails, call someone a troll.
that can be fixed... / Ć
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Mar-2004 at 03:41)

well, actually, there is a way to end world suffering, but no one would like it as it would leave everyone dead...

“Sithspit! What’s that?” “That’s the sun, Wedge. It’s after dawn.” “Well it offends me. Turn if off.” “It’s a hundred thirty, hundred forty million klicks from here.” “Go up in your X-wing and shoot it down for me.”
View Public Profile Find more posts by Fiery Balrog Add Fiery Balrog to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $14.28
(03-Mar-2004 at 04:38)

No, probably not, becuase I'm pretty lazy.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Tack Add Tack to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Donated $41.00
(03-Mar-2004 at 04:49)

exclamation mark

No. Why?

1. It needs to be balanced.
2. Not everyone deserves no suffering.

BUD LIGHT
145847903/Davevalek/Insanity
I am one of a kind, the only one you'll find. I am me and nothing else...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Valek Add Valek to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Pinhead)
Donated $0.44
(03-Mar-2004 at 04:57)

you cannot truly enjoy something, untill you have suffered to gain it. Suffer On!

I finally found my old account again, so I am now using this instead of my newer account - VaX

Only over time, long after we are gone, will we know if our actions were just
View Public Profile Find more posts by Emperor Sidious Add Emperor Sidious to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Mar-2004 at 05:56)

No, suffering molds us into better people. It is because you would suffer otherwise that you strive to accomplish things in life.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Royal Assassin3 Add Royal Assassin3 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.80
(03-Mar-2004 at 06:33)

Yes, I'd end the world's suffering by destroying the cause to all the suffering, which of course just happens to be Humankind.

X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X
X Rise up and show the world your battle is won.
X Rise up and show the world the old you is gone.
X Rise up and show the world your new life has begun.
X Rise up and show the world! Welcome back!
View Public Profile Visit Shodan's homepage Find more posts by Shodan Add Shodan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Mar-2004 at 07:16)

Suffering builds character and gives everyone their just desserts.

We all have a goal in life, whether we know it or not. Suffering helps and hinders us on the way there, as does pleasure

SLEEP
View Public Profile Find more posts by Drunken Penguin Add Drunken Penguin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.80
(03-Mar-2004 at 12:19)

Suffering will never end , just like a source of energy. It transforms to another form that could cause suffering as well.

If suffering were to end then it would give relief no meaning. Just as how Bravery would not exist without Cowardice or vice versa

So , Ill say no.

Enigmatic Blue Spirit Love , Peace & Fratenity of Helvetie , Invoker of Thoughts Devoted Listener of The Mirthful Sage
[Please Support The Abandonware Petition Here!]
View Public Profile Find more posts by Jean Les Guyz Add Jean Les Guyz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Mar-2004 at 12:29)

I said no, and no need for a reason, agree with what's posted above.

-Part of the UT Christian Community
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ketam Add Ketam to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as RohenDar)
Donated $3.28
(03-Mar-2004 at 12:38)

NO to end world suffering, we have to go through the progress, ppl just don't deserve to have world suffering ended

~~Tak~~

~~Proud Owner and Admin of Final-Destruction~~
View Public Profile Find more posts by RolandOfGilead Add RolandOfGilead to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Mar-2004 at 13:15)

As I've been saying for years, "Suffer for greatness!"

"Death has the body of a model and the smile of your best friend"
View Public Profile Visit Rawhead Rex's homepage Find more posts by Rawhead Rex Add Rawhead Rex to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as RWP)
(03-Mar-2004 at 13:16)

It really depends on what you call suffering... I don't think I've ever truly suffered compared to others.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Rustem Add Rustem to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as DethApostle)
(03-Mar-2004 at 13:26)

Yep.

All those little people suffering would be eternally grateful to me and become my slaves...

I would rule!

DethApostle BoD - Dragon Heir
Knowledge is knowing that Tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
View Public Profile Find more posts by DethApostle BoD Add DethApostle BoD to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Mar-2004 at 13:46)
lazy smile

To end all suffering....What's suffering anyway? Some people "suffer" when they get dumped by bf/gf. But does that mean you should force the bf/gf to stick by that person, in turn suffer themselves?

Rather I voted yes, because I'd remove human intolerance for discomfort. So you could be tied up while someone tickles you and you won't feel like you're going through any discomfort. juz kidding.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Thyname Add Thyname to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Mar-2004 at 13:57)

If I do have the power, then humankind deserves to end all suffering.

Here's my cool signature.
View Public Profile Find more posts by supercle Add supercle to your Buddy List Reply with Quote