Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > The Lunatic Asylum

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(09-Aug-2001 at 08:55)
Is there a "God"?

The theory or belief in a supreme being was created to explain the unknown. The Greeks had gods to explain different things like thunder and lightening(Zeus), the seas(Poseidon) and other, whats the word? um, mysteries, there we go.

The belief in God, or someone or something god-like is so that we may feel secure, and not have to think about the unknown mysteries of death and the supposed after life that scare us so bad that we shut our selves away from the world.

If everyone would stop thinking of life and death as some miracle of God, the explanation is right there infront of your nose, as a matter of fact its everywhere.

Tell me what you think, even if you think im a psycho.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Unholy Mystery Add Unholy Mystery to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Aug-2001 at 09:09)
Re: Is there a "God"?

To answer your first question; yes.

I know this for a fact because...

... I am God...

MWAHAHAHAUUUUUAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

View Public Profile Find more posts by Tritoph Add Tritoph to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Aug-2001 at 09:19)
faith

That was the sound of him being struck down by the Finger of God. Could someone clean this off for Me?

but more seriously, the definition of science is basically the search for AN answer. not the actual truth. believe anything you want iss the answer for this time period.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Trans Add Trans to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Aug-2001 at 09:24)
Re: faith

No, everyone knows that I'm God, they just don't want to admit it. I am here to make you all admit it.

Admit it!

And, for your information, that 'MWAHAHAHAUUUUUAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!' was a trademark. God's Trademark!

Hey, that's trdemark-y in itself, 'God's Trademark!' Hmmmm..., GT....

MWAHAHAHAUUUUUAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Tritoph Add Tritoph to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old Aznhalf
Imported Post
(09-Aug-2001 at 10:13)

dude i think u should try to get off that LSD before u end up in a reform center
(09-Aug-2001 at 10:22)

Geez, you make one little joke and it's, 'Off with his head!'
Old Aznhalf
Imported Post
(09-Aug-2001 at 10:25)

i think this was meant to be an intelligent disscussion, uve turned it into a joke
(09-Aug-2001 at 11:02)

Sorry, it's just that I'm so insanely egotistical...
(Posted as Runefire)
(User is Banned)
Donated $2.77
(09-Aug-2001 at 12:40)

Well if your saying is there a God? Your looking at mostly Christians etc who believe in only one God to answer.

Where as some religions there are more than one.

The Kittens of Playfulness
Fire and Ice
Tails Entwined in Fun and Love
SilvreWolf My love, I am yours
View Public Profile Visit DarkSkies X's homepage Find more posts by DarkSkies X Add DarkSkies X to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old Nakor BlueRider
Imported Post
(09-Aug-2001 at 14:43)

Then there's us partly insane people who believe that this dimension isn't the only one in existance, and that there's some kinda fantasy world out there where we can go and turn into mages and have lots of fun! This, of course, is the only thing that keeps us going, in addition to spamming and Utopia.
(Posted as Necromtic Filth)
Donated $7.00
(09-Aug-2001 at 16:42)

First off, about Christianity. It's hypocritical propoganda. He is blindly followed and His actions do not follow His supposed teachings. The first deadly sin greed and the fourth is envy. The first commandment in the book of Exodus is "Thou shalt worship no other god before Me." That to me sounds greedy and envious. The eighth commandment is "Thou shalt not kill." Then what about Sodom and Gemmorrah? What about the firstborns in Egypt? Pure hypocrite is what I call Him.

My belief does not ask for mass followers and makes no attempt to take any political power. Our souls are always keeping something alive. For a few decades it is our bodies. Then it becomes something in nature. A tree, a rock, a river, a cloud, who knows. That is why man is capable of speaking to the dead and vise versa. That is why the stars play such a large role in explaining ourselves. I know a lot of you think that is not right, but I'll only say this. Learn about it, then decide whether you believe. Don't make opinions with nothing to base it on. That is what the church tries to make people do.

The guiding light of my family -
|Daughter Lady Juliet|Siblings Tia, Exxy, Hopey, Kat, Paul|

Why cant you see fear will impede you to break
Through your trivial life and find the missing aim to evolve
View Public Profile Visit Dizzy Blizzy's homepage Find more posts by Dizzy Blizzy Add Dizzy Blizzy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Gwillyn)
Donated $31.68
(09-Aug-2001 at 17:49)

I am the only true God

There's no god.
Just the Queen-Goddess of HTML!

Gwill http://emblems.utopiatemple.com/pic00232.gif
ICQ #47751994
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world:
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
View Public Profile Visit Gwill's homepage Find more posts by Gwill Add Gwill to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Vision of Hope)
Donated $7.39
(09-Aug-2001 at 20:32)

Re: why do ppl believe in God?

in my lit lesson , we were studing the Royal Hunt of the Sun, in whch Atthuallpa claims to be god .
i believe that people believe in god to have a sense of security , a sense of belonging . When you believe, when you take that step of faith , you are in reality grouping yourself with others who believe in that same god . you try to have a cliche , and distance yourself from the insecurity , the loneliness . you put yourself in the center and marginalise ppl who do not believe in your religion .
Religion is something created by man to explain the unknown , the mysterious , no one knows if it is true or not , but when we look at it in the context of science , it is undounded
All in all , it depends on what you think

-= Il y a toujours espoir :: There Is Always Hope =-
~ Nothing is as real as a dream. The world can change around you, but your dream will not.
Responsibilities need not erase it. Duties need not obscure it.
Because the dream is within you, no one can take it away. ~

This too, shall pass.. You will not be just a memory.
View Public Profile Find more posts by ForsakenHope Add ForsakenHope to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old Nakor BlueRider
Imported Post
(10-Aug-2001 at 01:15)

I figure that there must be something beyond death. There's spirit in every living thing that can't be killed from a mere stroke of a dagger, or the failure of a heart, or any of the other causes of death. As for a God? Yeah, well there's somebody or something out there, probably powerful to some extent. Somebody who's rules in the afterlife are rules I want nothing to do with. Once I'm dead, I plan on being free too. Not slave to some omnipotent-wannabe being.
Old rAeFy
Imported Post
(10-Aug-2001 at 01:45)

Dont believe in a God, but there's 'something', and with that something I mean alien life etc.
Not that there's some guy with a beard (or without) who's picking people to die or not etc.

Also, there isnt life after death. You die, and thats it. Youre in for a long time sleep. Not even that, you die, your body dies, your 'soul' dies. YOURE DEAD!
Youre nothing, you get born, you die, and again, youre nothing.

Maybe a bit naive, but thats my thought.
(10-Aug-2001 at 06:10)

NF: I'm not advocating christianity here or anything, but I tend to take the opposite side in religious debates. Being agnostic, it helps me closer to choosing what to believe I guess. so here goes:

1. The commandments say 'THOU' shalt not kill. as in man. they say nothing about him not doing it. he is above humanity and therefore not judged by their laws.

2. All of your points come from the old testament. Which Jews believe in more heavily than christians. so don't say they are the hypocritical ones. although it's sad, and yes abit hypocritical, that most Christians pick and choose what they want to out of the book that came before theirs and is supposedly of the same god, believing that the new testament takes precedent.

3. On the deadly sins. he is above death also. therefore not deadly to him. but, greed probably refers to money and power, while envy is more like being jealous of another for what they have. and the script itself, if oyu think about it, you can worship other gods AFTER you worship him. =) or else you can't worship any gods that came before him. odd what interpretation will do, eh?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Trans Add Trans to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old ragna16
Imported Post
(10-Aug-2001 at 11:33)

OOH IT BEGS FOR ME TO POST HERE!!!

God in christianity we can't be sure of why people believe in it. Theres no real reason not too (I suppose), because no ones come with anything better. The real reason people believe in (Christian) God is because it has been forced upon them, by their ancestors, by society, by peer pressure. I live in the southeastern United States (a big place for the baptist denomination) and anyone who doesn't believe in God is openly chastised as evil (In school anyway).

Is their a godlike force driving the universe? How can one tell. Science is stupid and wrong. If you think back to science we have nearly always been wrong with hypotheses. But one must obviously think that someone created the universe or the rules that creater universes, or the rules that created rules, and so on and so forth. So what we get is an infinitely larger realm. We can't tell for sure. I for one believe in God as someone to lead me, and I believe in the fundamental Christian Values. I consider myself more pure than others, because I am far less corrupted than most of the people I meet. I can understand deeply what is wrong and right.

Faith is the answer to your questions.
(Posted as Aerath Wolfshead)
Donated $5.44
(10-Aug-2001 at 21:17)

Lessee... the original question was... Do you believe there is a God(dess) ?

My answer would be yes.
Why ? Cos I've a sneaking suspicion that what you believe can indeed alter reality... however, there's so many people believing something completely opposite of what you believe ('I believe I can fly !' -6 Billion people believe you can't, so -well, you can't.) that most of the times it just doesn't happen.

But with Gods, there's millions of people of the Christian Faith alone (and a lot more people who don't worship that God, but still think he exists... e.g. Satanisms, a lot of other religions) that in this case reality -is- altered by Belief. And from this follows that the more followers a God has the more powerful he/she/it is. That also explains the complete and utter crazyness regarding all different faiths trying to acquire more and more followers.

Famous for nowty by nature
View Public Profile Visit Aerath's homepage Find more posts by Aerath Add Aerath to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old ragna16
Imported Post
(11-Aug-2001 at 00:32)

Wow, that makes perfect sense. I'm so enlightened.

SO if I convinced everyone that I was the leader of the world, I would be!!! OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
(11-Aug-2001 at 02:26)
location?

Ragna, what part of the Southeast arre you from? I live in South Carolina, and the same thing happens here.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Unholy Mystery Add Unholy Mystery to your Buddy List Reply with Quote