Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions > Religious Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $0.60
(15-Apr-2005 at 19:26)

well, mayan's did predict end of world. Their world came end... Prophecy was off only 12 to 16 years... Of course world did not ended, but their world ended after mayan civilization was destroyed...

If we generalize and simplyfy enough things, I bet everrything makes sense then but is that true?

Generalization is rhetorics of simpletons.
"Sages learn from history... idiots learn from experience" -Fairy Tail manga
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lord Menchalior Add Lord Menchalior to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Apr-2005 at 05:58)
Quote:
(Originally posted by Lord Menchalior)

If we generalize and simplyfy enough things, I bet everrything makes sense then but is that true?
That would only be changing our subjective definitions of right and wrong, it doesn't change the reality of things.

Perceive and believe the way you will. No two people can ever be on a precise and equal level intellectually, because it varies from our subjective thought and experiences. Thats the beauty of it.

Realistic, we have more of a collective belief, with its fair share of variations and agendas of course. In a way its restrictive and in a way its liberating.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Gotterdammerung Add Gotterdammerung to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Apr-2005 at 06:42)
Prophecy relies on coincidences -coincidence relies on Time, time isn't reletive or constant therefore Prophecy is another cone in the butterfly effect nothing more.

~Albert Einstein~
A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.
View Public Profile Find more posts by H3ctor Add H3ctor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Apr-2005 at 07:53)
Quote:
(Originally posted by H3ctor)

Prophecy relies on coincidences
Is that your own prophecy?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Gotterdammerung Add Gotterdammerung to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Apr-2005 at 08:00)
Statement and Prophecy are two completely differente words. so the answer to your question.

no.

~Albert Einstein~
A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.
View Public Profile Find more posts by H3ctor Add H3ctor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Apr-2005 at 08:59)
Quote:
(Originally posted by H3ctor)

Statement and Prophecy are two completely differente words. so the answer to your question.

no.
I was indicating that your statement is oozing irony and nothing but a limited and faithful prediction in itself. Read between the lines for once, you are not the mighty and superior intellect you constantly lead yourself on to be.
(16-Apr-2005 at 09:30)

Quote:
Read between the lines for once, you are not the mighty and superior intellect you constantly lead yourself on to be.
Come on, as if thats going to happen

I dont think God exists, I know he exists. - Carl Jung
View Public Profile Find more posts by ramlamb Add ramlamb to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Apr-2005 at 11:31)
Hmmm i'm sad now you hurt my feelings stay on topic dude and stop critising my views which are more than right.

~Albert Einstein~
(16-Apr-2005 at 12:05)

Quote:
stop critising my views which are more than right.
More than right? Wow, so your views are some sort of uber-correct views that are so indisputablly correct that they are above just being right? Cool....

Quote:
Prophecy relies on coincidences -coincidence relies on Time, time isn't reletive or constant therefore Prophecy is another cone in the butterfly effect nothing more.
Ok dude well to stay on topic, ill try and deconstruct this but i fear it may be a bit difficult given the english in it is somewhat less than functional in places. The first part is ok, i dont agree with you but its a simple enough statement- Prophecy relies on coincidences. However wtf do you mean by time isn't reletive or constant therefore Prophecy is another cone in the butterfly effect nothing more. ??????? Another cone in the butterfly effect? umm, is there something im missing here? Please explain this, as it really dosnt make any sense.

View Public Profile Find more posts by ramlamb Add ramlamb to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Apr-2005 at 16:08)
Actually it does the butterfly effect is how humans react to each other, events which trigger a sort of link to another stage of life.

But it's not your fault your ignorant on the matter it's quiet a complicated topic. But i won't go any further into it because that would be as useless as teaching a dog to fly :P

~Albert Einstein~
(16-Apr-2005 at 16:21)
Sorry a mistake i made in my statement.

Time is definatly relative. I said it wasn't all i ment was its not constant but it sure is relative. Just had to point that out.

Furtherly explained in example.
Putting your hand on a hot stove for a minute seems forever.
Spending time with a girl you like for an hour seems one minute.
That's the relativity i'm talking about.

I'm glad i got that out, couldn't stand my grave error earleir on.

~Albert Einstein~
(16-Apr-2005 at 16:56)

Quote:
Actually it does the butterfly effect is how humans react to each other, events which trigger a sort of link to another stage of life.
LMAO your ignorance is appalling, you just throw in the words butterfly effect and pretend you know what you're talking about... the butterfly affect relates to chaos theory, orginally dealing with small statistical changes in weather predictions making huge changes in the result later down the track. I know what it means, i just dosnt understand how you made the huge leap from time to "another cone in the butterfly effect". And what exactly is a cone? Are you making an obscure reference to the situation where you have a ball ontop of a cone? (Which has to do with chaos theory). If so, how is this relevant?

Last edited by ramlamb, 16-Apr-2005 at 16:59.
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $0.60
(16-Apr-2005 at 20:42)

We choose what we believe. We naturally enforce those believes that support ours and reject those that opposes them... Its naural defense mechanism of human mind to keep up psychés unity and protect human mind... (Defense Mechanism )That is what psychology says. Now others might agree and other's may call that load of horse hockey, everyone has right an opinion and to bring that forth. But also everyone has to prepeare for criticism.

So, I ask, why does Evolution or scintific theory exclude possibility of God and Garden of Eden out? is that right? Should science consider possibility of Bible being true?

View Public Profile Find more posts by Lord Menchalior Add Lord Menchalior to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Apr-2005 at 05:09)
If the bible gave science evidence then sure Lord Menchalior but it didn't so it simply cant.

~Albert Einstein~
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $0.60
(17-Apr-2005 at 09:01)

Well, it's all matter of view really... Some peoples can fit both...