Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: What would the future be like? say 2500-3000
Flying cars everywhere 3 3.90%
Something like Starwars 7 9.09%
Robots everywhere 4 5.19%
Something like the Jetsons 0 0%
The world will be so over populated 14 18.18%
People will start moving to Mars 6 7.79%
Taken over by Aliens 2 2.60%
Global warming will melt all the ice caps and the world will flood 8 10.39%
Just everything more fancy 12 15.58%
All of the above 21 27.27%
Who voted? Voters: 77
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(29-Jun-2005 at 07:48)
What would the future be like?

What would the future be like?
View Public Profile Find more posts by hivengli Add hivengli to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Jun-2005 at 08:07)

Well i think a combo of things will be the future, but it all comes down to over population and the world and its atmosphere being completely destroyed by our society. If we are lucky we will be able to contain our destruction, and try to slow down population and industrial growth. Its a tough thing to decide out future because if we inhabit other planets we are just going to destroy them to. I really don't know what will happen.

I need a signature...
View Public Profile Find more posts by BloodthirstyCow Add BloodthirstyCow to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Green I)
(29-Jun-2005 at 14:51)

Most likely:
The world will be so over populated
Just everything more fancy

I wouldn't be surprised if before I die:
Flying cars everywhere
Robots everywhere

Far ahead in ther future:
People will start moving to Mars
Global warming will melt all the ice caps and the world will flood

Now you need to stop watching television:
Taken over by Aliens
Something like the Jetsons
Something like Starwars

If all else fails, call someone a troll.
that can be fixed... / ∆
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Jun-2005 at 17:00)

we either die or eveolve, those are the two options i see

Official #la drunken bum and gun-nut
Ladies, does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
To Naz "Nacho, nacho man I've got to be, a nacho man Nacho, nacho man"
I don't respect your beliefs and I don't care if you're offended. Cheers.
View Public Profile Visit Antikristuseke's homepage Find more posts by Antikristuseke Add Antikristuseke to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.60
(29-Jun-2005 at 17:06)
Nuke kills us all... but if that doesn't happen

a) All of the above will occur - the jetsons theory. Thats just too far in the future (that will happen on another solar system...Oh - and there will be no force (star wars)

Pen is suspended by Mr Clean for violating the forum's rules.
View Public Profile Find more posts by gregrock Add gregrock to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Jun-2005 at 17:44)

whou mean no force?????

may i remind you of......dun dun dunnnnnn.....DARTH CHILLIN!

anywho, most likely what will happen is, if we can avoid ww3, which will either set us pack many many years or, wipe us out completely, the earth will eventually become overpopulated, and people will move to mars....the global warming thing with the icecaps melting will also happen of course

i also tend to think the future will be kinda sorta like starwars....in the way future...flying cars and such

"Hmph, you and your third dimension."
"What about it?" "Oh nothing, itís cute. We have five."
"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Jun-2005 at 18:38)

combinatin:
The world will be so over populated
Global warming will melt all the ice caps and the world will flood
Just everything more fancy

this poll would be better if it was a multiple options poll

Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.
-Koen
View Public Profile Find more posts by Vaters Add Vaters to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Jun-2005 at 23:10)

Cars will be hydrogen powered. I don't know if they'll be flying, more likely they will go on a rail system so humans won't have to drive them, only program in a location.

Music will be done entirely by computer. No more instruments or talent required.

There will be curfews due to rampant crime.

There might be space travel, but it won't be all neat and cool and shiny like Star Trek, I think it'll be more grimy and unreliable like StarCraft.

I've always wanted to put something witty and original here.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nybb Add Nybb to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(30-Jun-2005 at 06:11)

Well for one oil reserves will be almost nil and hopefully that a major disaster from global warming will be averted because of that, though im not sure.

That would mean hydro powered cars would be around ... or some such.

I also think the death penilty will be used for lesser crimes to help with population control ... with any luck though we will have a colony or two somewhere else in the solor system that we can send some people to.

Thats just a few of my thoughts

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Jun-2005 at 08:31)

The world will be flooded due to the global warming.

I doubt we will be seeing flying cars anytime soon.

The One and Only DMW
View Public Profile Find more posts by DeadMenWalking Add DeadMenWalking to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Jarlaxle Baenre)
(30-Jun-2005 at 09:24)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Nybb)

Cars will be hydrogen powered. I don't know if they'll be flying, more likely they will go on a rail system so humans won't have to drive them, only program in a location.
Pfft, hydrogen power systems are shit. They're essentially batteries with a large capacity. We need a clean way to charge the cells for hydrogen power to become feasable in the war against pollution.

Quote:
Music will be done entirely by computer. No more instruments or talent required.
Already happening. Although, hearing music derived from mathematical expressions would be interesting.

Quote:
There will be curfews due to rampant crime.
No doubts about that. Unless we go beyond Police State.

Quote:
There might be space travel, but it won't be all neat and cool and shiny like Star Trek, I think it'll be more grimy and unreliable like StarCraft.
Probably, but lesser grade. The early days of StarCraft, perhaps.

Anyone ever watch Firefly? If we ever get far enough to colonize another solar system (Like hell!), the situation's probably going to be very similar. Not third world countries, third world planets.

Rumours of my demise are greatly exaggerated
Do the impossible
See the invisible
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER
View Public Profile Visit Eltargrim's homepage Find more posts by Eltargrim Add Eltargrim to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Jun-2005 at 13:33)

Don't think the world will be overpopulated. Moving to Mars doesn't seem likely.

Global warming and flooding .... plus pollution, contamination problems are likely to be much more immediate.

Plus, the 2nd coming of Christ =)

~ Above Him, there's no other, Jesus is the Way ~
View Public Profile Find more posts by God Chaser Add God Chaser to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Donated $41.00
(01-Jul-2005 at 02:05)

exclamation mark I think.

I'm gonna go with a cross between
-Flying cars everywhere
-Robots everywhere
-The world will be so over populated
-People will start moving to Mars
-Global warming will melt all the ice caps and the world will flood
-Just everything more fancy

OR

Everyone is dead by some cause.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Valek Add Valek to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Jul-2005 at 07:32)
by 2050, scientists will find a way to make humans live to 1000 years old

according to the news...

so ya, i think the world will be hell.
View Public Profile Find more posts by hivengli Add hivengli to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as De27tHStorM)
(01-Jul-2005 at 17:45)

flying cars'll be a sure thing.

http://travel.howstuffworks.com/flying-car.htm

+ the planet'd be turned into some kind of artificial death star [ the one in the star wars saga ], as humans wipe out all possible natural resources. just another piece of thought of mine, might be symptons of watching that darned movie over and over again.

Black + White = no colour

Make no colour your favourite colour!

View Public Profile Find more posts by DetHStorM Add DetHStorM to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Jul-2005 at 02:39)

no, we will all become extinct, for some now unidentified reason, and it will all start over again, ei cavemen

and women, im not sexist

Have a HooT

Last edited by Lucan, 02-Jul-2005 at 02:40.
Edit reason: I would like to point out though, that even the most feminine cave dwellers where more manly than the most manly man today
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lucan Add Lucan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.00
(02-Jul-2005 at 03:48)

A thousand years from now, we won't need cars. Matter transportation is a reality.

Robotic manufacturing plants will give us all we need. The only work we will do is supervision, and planning on getting resources for the factories.

Where has my avatar gone?

The true meaning of silence
View Public Profile Find more posts by Gus Mackay Add Gus Mackay to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Jarlaxle Baenre)
(02-Jul-2005 at 18:18)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Gus Mackay)

A thousand years from now, we won't need cars. Matter transportation is a reality.

Robotic manufacturing plants will give us all we need. The only work we will do is supervision, and planning on getting resources for the factories.
Ah, but you assume that we'll survive for 1000 years.

Rumours of my demise are greatly exaggerated
Do the impossible
See the invisible
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER
View Public Profile Visit Eltargrim's homepage Find more posts by Eltargrim Add Eltargrim to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Jul-2005 at 07:38)
Quote:
(Originally posted by Lucan)

no, we will all become extinct, for some now unidentified reason, and it will all start over again, ei cavemen

and women, im not sexist

if all lifeforms die, human kind would not be "reborn"
everything would be differnent
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $0.60
(06-Jul-2005 at 10:27)

I think future will... *Makes Geiger meter sounds going wild* Something highly radiant :P... after mankind perishes in nuclear holocaust, cockroaches will take over...

Generalization is rhetorics of simpletons.
"Sages learn from history... idiots learn from experience" -Fairy Tail manga
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lord Menchalior Add Lord Menchalior to your Buddy List Reply with Quote