Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Can you see the future?
Yes! I use a crystal ball/ read palms/ etc. 1 2.33%
Yeah i have dreams too... 12 27.91%
Nah, but I'm sure other people do 6 13.95%
Of course not, go seek psychiatric help 24 55.81%
Who voted? Voters: 43
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as yankeessuck123)
(18-Sep-2005 at 03:18)

lazy smile can you see into the future?

i thought fortune-telling and all that was just stupid...until a couple years ago
ever since id have things happen in my dreams, just completely random thing, and these things would actually happen at some point in real life, whether the next day or in two months
am i alone? should i get therapy? should i get my own TV show?
View Public Profile Find more posts by KnightoftheNite Add KnightoftheNite to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Sep-2005 at 03:26)

Your dreams arent all disconnected from reality, so it's normal that something that has happened in your dream can happen in reality.

But yeah you could get your own tv show, there is an audience for that
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lebeaugars Add Lebeaugars to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
(18-Sep-2005 at 03:34)

all coincidence...

sure there are some phsycics that can do some pretty fucked up unexplainable forces... but seeing into the future... even if our life is more or less set out for us... i feel there is too many variables to accuratly predict the future

I'm 1970's pimp smooth...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Money Mathews Add Money Mathews to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.00
(18-Sep-2005 at 03:36)
Crystal ball? Didn't I make my point about hippie bullshit in another thread? >_<

I don't believe in telling the future. Not only would that show a creepy amount of predetermination in life, but I wonder what makes someone qualified to tell the future? Is there a test you have to take, or is it more that you simply have to do a lot of mind-altering drugs?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Stygma Add Stygma to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $3.64
(18-Sep-2005 at 04:48)

I think is was that egghead Stephen Hawking that asked the question: If we can remember the past, why can't we remember the future?

Todays letter is brought to you by the letter "3"- Thats how many joints I smoked today.
Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding
If you can't answer a man's arguments, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names.

Nothing to see here....go away!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Karupt Add Karupt to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Sep-2005 at 05:09)

I actually think there's something to it, but I doubt it's like we think it is. I myself have had solutions to complex problems come to me in a dream. This could be argued as just my brain solving the problem, but I don't really think it is. My mom once had a dream about going to a place we'd never been to before we went. There's lots of stories like that out there, which is why I think there's something to it.

Sygnalor the Accountinator
Able to file 1040's faster than a speeding bullet
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sygnal Add Sygnal to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.00
(18-Sep-2005 at 06:14)

i didnt use to believe in it.. but i have had a few dreams that have turned out to be true. way too unlikely for me to believe it was just a coincident. of course the problem is i cant tell which dreams will turn out true and which are just dreams. i usually get a few a year (maybe 2-4) that have some resemblence to the future.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Utopian Muse Add Utopian Muse to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.00
(18-Sep-2005 at 06:31)

Yeah, it's odd... I've had dreams like 2 or 3 years previously, and those dreams will become reflected in reality i.e. something will happen that's really similar giving me an odd sense of deja vu. I don't think it can tell the future per se, but rather, dreams sub-consciously help you rationalise the kind of person you are. But, I suppose the odds that things you dream being even only remotely echoed in real life aren't that bad.

I once had a dream that I was running and I couldn't get anywhere. The very next day - I was on a treadmill... See? The odds that something that vaguely reflects your dreams happening isn't that extraordinary.

Where has my avatar gone?

The true meaning of silence
View Public Profile Find more posts by Gus Mackay Add Gus Mackay to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Sep-2005 at 07:34)
Quote:
(Originally posted by Gus Mackay)

Yeah, it's odd... I've had dreams like 2 or 3 years previously, and those dreams will become reflected in reality i.e. something will happen that's really similar giving me an odd sense of deja vu. I don't think it can tell the future per se, but rather, dreams sub-consciously help you rationalise the kind of person you are. But, I suppose the odds that things you dream being even only remotely echoed in real life aren't that bad.

I once had a dream that I was running and I couldn't get anywhere. The very next day - I was on a treadmill... See? The odds that something that vaguely reflects your dreams happening isn't that extraordinary.
omg..same thing with me! I dream about having sex and BAM! next day guess what!
View Public Profile Find more posts by tylerrrrr Add tylerrrrr to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Sep-2005 at 08:01)

Quote:
(Originally posted by tylerrrrr)

omg..same thing with me! I dream about having sex and BAM! next day guess what!
Herpes?

Aye, I get "future-dreaming" all the time. But what I wonder most about is how your brain brings something like a telephone ringing into your dream... I mean... it is like your brain predicts such a thing happening and brings it about in your dream as it happens in reality

SLEEP
View Public Profile Find more posts by Drunken Penguin Add Drunken Penguin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
(Post has been warned)
(18-Sep-2005 at 17:00)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Drunken Penguin)

Herpes?

Aye, I get "future-dreaming" all the time. But what I wonder most about is how your brain brings something like a telephone ringing into your dream... I mean... it is like your brain predicts such a thing happening and brings it about in your dream as it happens in reality
herpes came the day after the day of sex... and then 2-3 weeks at at time for the next ever

I'm 1970's pimp smooth...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Money Mathews Add Money Mathews to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $0.60
(18-Sep-2005 at 19:36)

I've got about 10 things I've pre-seen to happend... I've read that sensation is born when left brain side reacts faster than right one in happening... That is what neourologist say...

Generalization is rhetorics of simpletons.
"Sages learn from history... idiots learn from experience" -Fairy Tail manga
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lord Menchalior Add Lord Menchalior to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Grand Wizard)
(19-Sep-2005 at 08:00)

I can see into the future my brothers!! I've had a DREAAAMM!!!! Join hands brethern while I...while I will be the one to show you the path to redemption and salvatiaaanaa!!!

Ok i cant look into the future...so bite me

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids , we'd all be running around in darkened rooms munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electron ic music ."
Kristian Wilson , Nintendo Inc 1989
View Public Profile Find more posts by Skrix Add Skrix to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Sep-2005 at 08:14)

Yeah I have several dejavu moments but its pretty much useless even if you can dream about the future since you usually don't remember it until it happens to you.

The One and Only DMW
View Public Profile Find more posts by DeadMenWalking Add DeadMenWalking to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Sep-2005 at 18:56)

Quote:
(Originally posted by DeadMenWalking)

Yeah I have several dejavu moments but its pretty much useless even if you can dream about the future since you usually don't remember it until it happens to you.

yep i had the same as above, only I think its not due to dreams but because you've done something like this before, maybe you sat down to talk with your friend, and guess what you sat down in the way thats most comfortable (chances are you tried to get comfortable last time too), and when the setting is simmilar, but you don't clearly remamber the last instance you guys talked to each other (int that particular setting), and you think wow man i've seen this all before somewhere, and that you get this feeling like you knew all alng what you were gona say, and its ussualy something like "WOA dude, you wouldn't believe what just happened" and then you say it, it goes from there.

YOU BLEW MY MIND, NOW BLOW ME!
View Public Profile Find more posts by AurumVenom Add AurumVenom to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as DeadAndDreaming)
Donated $6.72
(19-Sep-2005 at 19:12)

Actually every once in awhile Ill get this feeling of deja-vu where I am positively sure I dreamed about the exact situation I was in at that moment. And you only remember the dream when you get that feeling that what youre doing has happened before. Its freaky.

Life is a test and I get bad marks.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Hurleyy Add Hurleyy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Sep-2005 at 19:33)

my experience.

hi everyone, I have read some psychology and there is an explanation that sometimes your subconcious mind picks something up that you dont really realize. like for example, two of your frineds talk about something as you walk around the corner (U cant hear them) as you walk around the corner and they see you they stop talking. (you do not realize this at the time but your subconcious mind does) well later that night when you sleep and your brain tries to make sense of everything that happened that day, maybe you will have a dream with one of those "friends" being angry with you.

some days later the people get mad with you and you think I could see this happening but I dont know why. I know, I can see into the future.!

you see? your subconcious mind picked up that the people were trying to hide something, maybe they were getting pissed at you for some reason and it would later involve to them being mad a t you some days later.

this happens because there is so much going on in the world that you dont realize, some of those things you subconcious do realize, and that information your brain tries to make sense of during sleep.

However I think this IS BULLSHIT SOMEtimes...

here is how i realized things...

OK so 2 days from this night im going to fly with airplane to Brazil. (because thats where i lived once).

I had never seen the tickets and it is my first trip there so i dont enven have a clue how the airplanes look like and I dont know what type of airplane, and My parents manages the tickets (+ seats are not stated yet).

well in my dream I was flying in the airplane. I remember sitting 6 rows away from the TV whcich in my dream is located hanging over the walkway, there is 3 seats then walkway then middle 4 seats and then 3 more seats after the walkways to the right.
That is what i remember in my dream...

so later the day I wake up, because I like to draw i drew this... where u can clearly see on my drawing all these details that I explained with my bad english,..

anyways On the flight im surprised to find out that all the details are true!

it would be freaky if in my dream the plane would crash by that time dont you think??

amazing.

The Winter Lord
View Public Profile Find more posts by Pontusb Add Pontusb to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Sep-2005 at 23:30)

I've had moments, as mentioned above, where something happens, and im like woah, i dreamt about this, and its in a lot of detail, but its not like i could have said five minutes earlier "This is going to happen"

Have a HooT
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lucan Add Lucan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(20-Sep-2005 at 05:34)

The answer is YES i can see the future ...

No you can not ask me for the lotto numbers

Yes ... I am

Toxic - No ... but maybe later

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Sep-2005 at 02:13)
O, so its not just me.. i always get dreams, and then forget them. But when something happens, it makes me feel like ive done this before or ive seen this..

this happens to me more ofter, like once a month, can som1 explain y?
View Public Profile Find more posts by hivengli Add hivengli to your Buddy List Reply with Quote