Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > The Lunatic Asylum

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(04-Jan-2006 at 23:10)

blush

First of all I'd like to say that I really like SF and Dirty Sage's voices for the males.
As for the female I liked the song by shesaid and Tia sounded really sweet and cute as well.
Now as for my contribution, I had some music on so thats what you are hearing on the background, have fun!
If you want to hear more recordings, or if you want me to stop recording, pm me!
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 ut.mp3 (422.3 KB, 121 views)
File Type: mp3 ut5.mp3 (298.1 KB, 70 views)

If you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time-a tremendous whack. - Winston Churchill
View Public Profile Find more posts by damastaf Add damastaf to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Starfriend)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(04-Jan-2006 at 23:16)

Lol you need to work on that flow...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(04-Jan-2006 at 23:17)

Watch out ! Damastaf is in da house Good job dutchie
View Public Profile Find more posts by RoWizzies Add RoWizzies to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Jan-2006 at 23:42)

Re: Your Voice - Our Aural Pleasure

Originally Posted by Starfriend:
Lol you need to work on that flow...
Haha I know man, I know

If you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time-a tremendous whack. - Winston Churchill
View Public Profile Find more posts by damastaf Add damastaf to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Dirty Sage)
Donated $7.44
(04-Jan-2006 at 23:46)

Since I'm an attention whore, I'm gonna keep posting stuff here

Now...who's heard of "The Darkness?" While I usually think that that band is a scourge upon music-kind, the song "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" has a special place in my heart...because their vocalist can sing really, really high in his falsetto...like me!

So I'll sing a bit of that song for yall. Be warned, though...if you listen to this at too high of a volume, it WILL hurt your ears.

I believe in a thing called love
just listen to the rhythm of my heart
there's a chance we can make it now
we'll be rockin til the sun goes down
I believe in a thing called loooooove
Whooooooooooa

Great lyrics
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 thingcalledloveclip.mp3 (435.7 KB, 110 views)

The less popular Sage
Really...most people forget who I am
But I was here first, damn it!

Willing to sell my soul for a Klondike Bar
View Public Profile Visit The Other Sage's homepage Find more posts by The Other Sage Add The Other Sage to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Jan-2006 at 23:51)

Originally Posted by Dirty Sage:
Since I'm an attention whore, I'm gonna keep posting stuff here

Now...who's heard of "The Darkness?" While I usually think that that band is a scourge upon music-kind, the song "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" has a special place in my heart...because their vocalist can sing really, really high in his falsetto...like me!

So I'll sing a bit of that song for yall. Be warned, though...if you listen to this at too high of a volume, it WILL hurt your ears.

I believe in a thing called love
just listen to the rhythm of my heart
there's a chance we can make it now
we'll be rockin til the sun goes down
I believe in a thing called loooooove
Whooooooooooa

Great lyrics

LMAO...are you crazy man?

Donated $4.24
(04-Jan-2006 at 23:53)

my ears *runs around smashing his head to everything he encounters*

I mean *cough* great voice DS
View Public Profile Find more posts by RoWizzies Add RoWizzies to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Dirty Sage)
Donated $7.44
(04-Jan-2006 at 23:57)

Originally Posted by damastaf:
LMAO...are you crazy man?
What's crazy is that I can go higher than that. I'll record it sometime when my voice is in better shape (I drank a milkshake a little while ago and any vocalists here will be able to tell you what dairy products will do to your throat )

Of course, such high pitched singing is sort of limited in how useful it is. That's why I mostly stick to my full voice (not falsetto). But it's good to have the falsetto ready for the occasions when I need it.

The less popular Sage

View Public Profile Visit The Other Sage's homepage Find more posts by The Other Sage Add The Other Sage to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $26.12
(05-Jan-2006 at 00:00)

Heres me, though
Im sure I dont sound the same, cause I think Im doing a voice just for the script, even when I tried not to.

So I did a quick, second one to compare
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 Greeny.mp3 (469.5 KB, 156 views)
File Type: mp3 Greeny2.mp3 (217.7 KB, 105 views)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeny Add Greeny to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Jan-2006 at 00:10)

Originally Posted by Dirty Sage:
What's crazy is that I can go higher than that. I'll record it sometime when my voice is in better shape (I drank a milkshake a little while ago and any vocalists here will be able to tell you what dairy products will do to your throat )

Of course, such high pitched singing is sort of limited in how useful it is. That's why I mostly stick to my full voice (not falsetto). But it's good to have the falsetto ready for the occasions when I need it.
You know... that was... rather awesome. For as ear splitting as it was, it was exactly on key and rather difficult to do, I'm sure. Jumping octaves like that...

...I think I'm in love. <3

...Oh, Greeny, yours was good too A little hard to hear, though.

You're all punks. But I like some of you anyway.
You're so vain. I'll bet you think this song is about you; don't you, don't you?

Last edited by ToxicLollipop, 05-Jan-2006 at 00:13.
Edit reason: *mumbles*
View Public Profile Find more posts by ToxicLollipop Add ToxicLollipop to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Jan-2006 at 00:18)

Okay, Greeny, your accent is way hot. *melts*
Pata, I thought you sounded older than you are, too, and your accent isn't that bad.
DS...your aussie thing was amusing, but "I believe in a thing called love" holds a special place in my heart, too, and for the mangled tune of that beloved song, I shall have to stab you. You have a great voice otherwise, talking and singing, though!
damastaf...wtf. That is all.
Menchalior, your voice isn't bad at all, and I didn't think it sounded french. I was surprised that in your name the ch is a k sort of ch, not a ...ch sort of ch. o_O
Everyone else, like philip and robin and jes, I have always enjoyed your pretty voices. Naz, you sound weird, and tia sounds adorable. Chrizz sounds...like he was trying to be some sort of radio DJ.
I forget who else posted, but I'm sure you're wonderful, whoever you are.
<3

Last edited by emo kat, 05-Jan-2006 at 00:22.
View Public Profile Find more posts by emo kat Add emo kat to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Dirty Sage)
Donated $7.44
(05-Jan-2006 at 00:28)

Quote:
You know... that was... rather awesome. For as ear splitting as it was, it was exactly on key and rather difficult to do, I'm sure. Jumping octaves like that...

...I think I'm in love. <3
Huzzah for Sage, woo-er of women

I've been singing that song for so long, it's not difficult anymore. At least, not the switching registers part. It's more of an endurance thing. I've never had any vocal training, so my breath support isn't what it should be, and when I sing the entire song, if I'm not careful I run out of breath

Quote:
"I believe in a thing called love" holds a special place in my heart, too, and for the mangled tune of that beloved song, I shall have to stab you
Mangled? I was just makin it my own

Haha...I just listened to the actual song...it's been so long seen I've heard the REAL version, I didn't realize how much higher than him I was singing. He's like...half an octave lower than me Ok, I'll concede, maybe it is a mangling

The less popular Sage

Research Group
Donated $3.01
(05-Jan-2006 at 00:55)

grr..

Wooooooooow... I totally got it to work, man.

Thanks Shags for the help setting it up, man <3

I sound so wierd...
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 Quantumnachos.mp3 (138.4 KB, 134 views)
View Public Profile Find more posts by QuantumChaos Add QuantumChaos to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
Donated $25.02
(05-Jan-2006 at 01:09)
ack! i can't play any files :-(
they worked on the pc in my office..but all i get at home is this:
http://www.geocities.com/mjane.geo/boo.JPG

... sucks to be me
View Public Profile Find more posts by shesaid Add shesaid to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $26.12
(05-Jan-2006 at 01:20)

Alright,

heres my third and final attempt, so if this ones not loud enough, get your hearing checked.

(BTW, turn your speakers right up )

Oh, Toxic, I like your voice
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 GreenyLoudest.mp3 (482.1 KB, 71 views)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeny Add Greeny to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Jan-2006 at 01:24)

QC, I never knew it was possible to smoke alcohol. cute, though, andaroo...in a way. And I forgot to say how much shaggy's song made me giggle.

Here is a little recording from me...I was weirdly nervous. I think I slurred, and it's low-quality because I had to use my mp3 player to make it, and the mic on my mp3 player sucks. I promise that I'm a lot smarter and way less freaky than the recording makes me out to be...

p.s. "boogie"...in case I slurred TOO much.
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 randomdoom.mp3 (258.2 KB, 210 views)

Last edited by emo kat, 05-Jan-2006 at 01:26.
Edit reason: Thanks to SF for converting the file to mp3 for me. <3
View Public Profile Find more posts by emo kat Add emo kat to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Starfriend)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(05-Jan-2006 at 01:25)

As I said on MSN, you sound way cute... especially -after- the joke. <3
View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Jan-2006 at 01:37)

Well the mic for my computer has been broken for lets see 4 or so years so this is just not good.

Kerri I love that joke maybe it's just because I remember the first time I heard it... but you've got to love the corny jokes.

Once I get the mic for my IPod I'll post something.

If life gets rough beat it with a stick.
Join #bar, commies aren't welcome.
Join #mafiagame, for the greatest mafia experience on IRC!
View Public Profile Find more posts by VantagePoint Add VantagePoint to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Jan-2006 at 02:03)

Kerri, I seriously laughed my ass off when you told my joke. I mean, the joke is funny enough alone... but just you actually saying it.. meh, I nearly pissed myself. Blame it on my weak, female bladder... ¬.¬ You're awesome.

Greeny, thanks for making that louder, I still can't hear it too well. But I'm old and my hearing isn't the best. Mmm... aussie *drools*

QuantumChaos, you sound burnt out. Two, you spelled your name wrong on the mp3 file. I love you, man, but lay off the pot. Kay?

Shesaid- I can't open the files either from my computer. You may want to try saving them to your computer, and then opening them using Windows Media Player. That's how I'm doing it.

You're all punks. But I like some of you anyway.
You're so vain. I'll bet you think this song is about you; don't you, don't you?

Last edited by ToxicLollipop, 05-Jan-2006 at 02:07.
Edit reason: :p
View Public Profile Find more posts by ToxicLollipop Add ToxicLollipop to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $3.01
(05-Jan-2006 at 02:18)

Me singing the "Beer" song I wrote for Bunkey.
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 beeeeeeeeeeeeer.mp3 (101.9 KB, 87 views)
View Public Profile Find more posts by QuantumChaos Add QuantumChaos to your Buddy List Reply with Quote