Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > The Lunatic Asylum

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as Advocatus GoD)
(User is Banned)
Posts: 43/97
(21-Jan-2006 at 21:05)


Heaven is down

After much consideration I have come to this conclusion, Heaven is down. How did I come to this conclusion you ask? Well, my logic is simple. At a funeral your buried ~6 feet in the ground. Then, a priest prays that you go to heaven. So according to the "right" interpretation of "Heaven and Hell", they're burying you ~6 feet into the ground, ~6 feet closer to Hell, then praying you go to Heaven. That makes no sense. The only possible, and remotely reasonable conclusion is tha Heaven is down and they bury you ~6 feet into the ground so your 6 feet closer to Heaven then they pray that you go the rest of the way to Heaven.
#1  
View Public Profile Visit advocatus GoD's homepage Find more posts by advocatus GoD Add advocatus GoD to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Posts: 70/118
(21-Jan-2006 at 21:12)


Should I be worried that when I read this I thought it was some kind of server?

And back on topic... Since when has religion been logical?! Prayer = supplication to {deity} who = omnipotent being. 6 foot is not exactly a big distance for an omnipotent being. Some religions say its below us, some say its above. Christians say its above as far as I know.
#2  
View Public Profile Visit Fallacy's homepage Find more posts by Fallacy Add Fallacy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Advocatus GoD)
(User is Banned)
Posts: 43/97
(21-Jan-2006 at 21:16)


Re: Heaven is down

Originally Posted by Fallacy:
Should I be worried that when I read this I thought it was some kind of server?
Be afraid, be very afraid...

Originally Posted by fallacy:
And back on topic... Since when has religion been logical?! Prayer = supplication to {deity} who = omnipotent being. 6 foot is not exactly a big distance for an omnipotent being. Some religions say its below us, some say its above. Christians say its above as far as I know.
True... religion doesn't make sense.. the whole "immaculate conception" (I hope I spelled that right) is some serious issues. God is Mary's father, but also her sons father
#3  
View Public Profile Visit advocatus GoD's homepage Find more posts by advocatus GoD Add advocatus GoD to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Posts: 70/118
(21-Jan-2006 at 21:20)


Yeah, religion sucks... Its like God is the original inbreeder

I wonder how long we can keep this up before the RD nuts sniff it out
#4  
View Public Profile Visit Fallacy's homepage Find more posts by Fallacy Add Fallacy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Advocatus GoD)
(User is Banned)
Posts: 43/97
(21-Jan-2006 at 21:26)


Re: Heaven is down

Originally Posted by Fallacy:
Yeah, religion sucks... Its like God is the original inbreeder

I wonder how long we can keep this up before the RD nuts sniff it out
It is our sworn duty to keep it LA worthy... assist in this
#5  
View Public Profile Visit advocatus GoD's homepage Find more posts by advocatus GoD Add advocatus GoD to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Posts: 346/701
(21-Jan-2006 at 21:28)


I remember hearing that in Antartica they believe that Heaven actually IS below ground, because it's warm, whereas Hell is in the sky because that's where storms and blizzard come from. Makes a weird kind of sense, too.

[right]Signature suspended by Starfriend for violating the forum's rules.
Damn you Naz! Damn yooooouu!
Hey, is that a mod wand?
#6  
View Public Profile Find more posts by Burningboy Add Burningboy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Posts: 1118/1288
(21-Jan-2006 at 21:29)


Originally Posted by Advocatus GoD:
It is our sworn duty to keep it LA worthy... assist in this
But...it's not LA worthy. It just annoys me.

You made this thread just to annoy me, didn't you?

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')

Last edited by MAPS, 21-Jan-2006 at 21:30.
Edit reason: Admit it!
#7  
View Public Profile Find more posts by MAPS Add MAPS to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Advocatus GoD)
(User is Banned)
Posts: 43/97
(21-Jan-2006 at 21:31)


Re: Heaven is down

Originally Posted by MAPS:
But...it's not LA worthy. It just annoys me.

You made this thread just to annoy me, didn't you?
Ahh!! You have discovered my master plan! How did you do this? Tell me your methods!!
#8  
View Public Profile Visit advocatus GoD's homepage Find more posts by advocatus GoD Add advocatus GoD to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Posts: 1118/1288
(21-Jan-2006 at 21:38)


Well, I figured that since I'm so great, it's only logical to assume everything everyone else does is about me.

As for Heaven...

*cue slow, emotion inspiring violin music*

...maybe Heaven isn't above or below us. Maybe Heaven is right here on earth. We just have to work together at it. I think, maybe, if we all were brave enough to reach out a helping hand to that poor stranger on the street, if we all could just find the time of day to give a smile and kind word to someone, if we all just cared a little more about others, well, that would be enough. It isn't hard to be happy. We just need to let go of our hate and let it happen.

*audience sniffles and tears of joy stream down the cheeks of all*

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')

Last edited by MAPS, 21-Jan-2006 at 21:39.
#9  
View Public Profile Find more posts by MAPS Add MAPS to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Advocatus GoD)
(User is Banned)
Posts: 43/97
(21-Jan-2006 at 21:48)


Originally Posted by MAPS:
*audience sniffles and tears of joy stream down the cheeks of all*
*chokes on tears and with everyone else distracted by the emotional thought provoking speech by MAPS proceeds to die. Angel rises up from body but due to threads topic is confused in which direction heaven is. Angel decided to re-join body. Proceeds to get up, wipe off shoulders, and walks to McDonalds*
#10  
View Public Profile Visit advocatus GoD's homepage Find more posts by advocatus GoD Add advocatus GoD to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as wtfX)
Posts: 1102/1958
(21-Jan-2006 at 21:51)


Maybe it's just me, but burying someone is a lot easier in the ground, then having to make a construction somewhere in the air to bury them in.
Especially in the olden days. So maybe it's just tradition. God, being omnipotent and all, can grab ya from anywhere, so it's better to bury someone so they don't start rotting and stinking in plain sight.

Yes yes I know you might be "kidding", but it's a ridiculous thread, and your statement isn't funny, nor very well thought-out, in my opinion.

(Yes I know, keep these kinds of comments to myself next time. No one cares.)

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)
#11  
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Advocatus GoD)
(User is Banned)
Posts: 43/97
(21-Jan-2006 at 21:53)


Re: Heaven is down

Originally Posted by wtfX:
Maybe it's just me, but burying someone is a lot easier in the ground, then having to make a construction somewhere in the air to bury them in.
Especially in the olden days. So maybe it's just tradition. God, being omnipotent and all, can grab ya from anywhere, so it's better to bury someone so they don't start rotting and stinking in plain sight.

Yes yes I know you might be "kidding", but it's a ridiculous thread, and your statement isn't funny, nor very well thought-out, in my opinion.

(Yes I know, keep these kinds of comments to myself next time. No one cares.)
*watches as thread dies a slow, horrible (and premature) death*
#12  
View Public Profile Visit advocatus GoD's homepage Find more posts by advocatus GoD Add advocatus GoD to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Starfriend)
Global Moderator
Posts: 3579/4591
Donated $27.58
(21-Jan-2006 at 22:32)


Re: Heaven is down

Originally Posted by Advocatus GoD:
At a funeral your buried ~6 feet in the ground. Then, a priest prays that you go to heaven. So according to the "right" interpretation of "Heaven and Hell", they're burying you ~6 feet into the ground, ~6 feet closer to Hell, then praying you go to Heaven.
You've never tried to shoot a rubber band at someone, have you? If you had, you'd know that you can't just have it fly towards your target, you have to pull it back a bit to get some tension, to accumulate some power.
#13  
View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Posts: 135/141
(21-Jan-2006 at 22:44)


Re: Heaven is down

Originally Posted by Starfriend:
You've never tried to shoot a rubber band at someone, have you? If you had, you'd know that you can't just have it fly towards your target, you have to pull it back a bit to get some tension, to accumulate some power.
Yes, that's what I thought too. When we die, we all become rubber band and ready to be shot up to heaven.

I ♥ emo kat
shesaid's cat is not a sidedish
PM me to advertise here
#14  
View Public Profile Find more posts by yongwe Add yongwe to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Posts: 2037/2216
Donated $12.00
(21-Jan-2006 at 22:55)


No, surely we are just the ammunition in the catapult of prayer raised at the Pearly Gates...

Computer idle all the time? Want to help with medical research?
Join the UT [email protected] team
(our stats) (text-only client)

#15  
View Public Profile Visit rexregum's homepage Find more posts by rexregum Add rexregum to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Posts: 2945/4241
Donated $0.60
(21-Jan-2006 at 23:21)


Re: Heaven is down

Originally Posted by Fallacy:
Yeah, religion sucks... Its like God is the original inbreeder

I wonder how long we can keep this up before the RD nuts sniff it out
*smells religious discussion as shark smells drop of blood* Nah, too late... ^^

Down goes body, soul goes up... or then way, way, waaaaaaayyyy more down, depending on how well you have been behaved and for such few minor details you can find from Bible ^^

Generalization is rhetorics of simpletons.
"Sages learn from history... idiots learn from experience" -Fairy Tail manga
#16  
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lord Menchalior Add Lord Menchalior to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Posts: 1539/1542
(21-Jan-2006 at 23:31)


Re: Heaven is down

Originally Posted by Burningboy:
I remember hearing that in Antartica they believe that Heaven actually IS below ground, because it's warm, whereas Hell is in the sky because that's where storms and blizzard come from. Makes a weird kind of sense, too.

They is Antartica? People have lived there long enough to make such a culture

SLEEP
#17  
View Public Profile Find more posts by Drunken Penguin Add Drunken Penguin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Advocatus GoD)
(User is Banned)
Posts: 45/97
(22-Jan-2006 at 01:56)


Re: Heaven is down

Originally Posted by Drunken Penguin:
They is Antartica? People have lived there long enough to make such a culture
Uhhh... yea! Escimos!
#18  
View Public Profile Visit advocatus GoD's homepage Find more posts by advocatus GoD Add advocatus GoD to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Posts: 1261/1431
(22-Jan-2006 at 02:02)


you're all wrong!! The chances of people going to hell is higher than heaven. People is bury to go hell faster. If your priest thinks you're worthy of heaven you're put in a catapult

1000 rep points...eeh I mean 296
Mods will never find me ^^ That's what you think *gasp* they're everywhere I wonder which one of the new mods will come here first...
#19  
View Public Profile Find more posts by demi Add demi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Advocatus GoD)
(User is Banned)
Posts: 46/97
(22-Jan-2006 at 02:06)


Quote:
If your priest thinks you're worthy of heaven you're put in a catapult
I don't think that has ever happened... Maybe extreme medieval tactics, you know, run out of boulders or Bill is really getting on your nerves that particular day. Well, with that said, I think we are all damned to burn in Hell for all eternity. Awesome!
#20  
View Public Profile Visit advocatus GoD's homepage Find more posts by advocatus GoD Add advocatus GoD to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump:

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do all good people go to heaven? Belili Religious Discussions 142 04-Sep-2005 01:26
going to heaven, how perfect is it? SiftyKev Religious Discussions 9 22-Dec-2003 06:02
Unjust Heaven Qualifications? Phased Religious Discussions 25 31-Aug-2003 04:41
Serve in heaven or reign in hell? rexregum Polls Heaven 62 11-Jan-2003 14:49


All times are GMT+1. The time now is 00:22.

Powered by vBulletin (modified)
Copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.