Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Media Mania > Movie Reviews and Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average
(Posted as Starfriend)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(05-Jun-2006 at 22:12)

[2003] How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

Genre: Comedy, Romance

Director: Donald Petrie

Plot: Benjamin Berry is a guy who makes a bet to his boss that he can win the job of advertising diamonds before the two evil girls, Green and Spears, do. Andie Anderson is a girl who is trying to reach her goal to be able to write anything she likes in the magazine company that she works for, Composure. Just when her friend has broken up with her man, the boss of Composure finds out and decides to write it up as an article. Best friend Andie kicks in and offers the boss, Lana, a deal to write an article called "How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days". Lana agrees and if she successfully does the article, she can write anything she likes. At a bar, Benjamin shows up and Green and Spears challenge him to a bet to see if Andie will love him in the end of 10 days. Uh-oh, Andie is trying to LOSE a guy in 10 days. So you understand the rest.

Actors:
Kate Hudson .... Andie Anderson
Matthew McConaughey .... Benjamin 'Ben' Barry
Kathryn Hahn .... Michelle Rubin
Annie Parisse .... Jeannie Ashcroft
Adam Goldberg .... Tony
Thomas Lennon .... Thayer
Michael Michele .... Judy Spears
Shalom Harlow .... Judy Green
Robert Klein .... Phillip Warren
Bebe Neuwirth .... Lana Jong
Samantha Quan .... Lori
Justin Peroff .... Mike
Celia Weston .... Glenda
James Murtaugh .... Jack
Archie MacGregor .... Uncle Arnold

IMDB link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0251127/
View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as TiCkLePiNkIsH)
(05-Jun-2006 at 22:21)
Oh another 10/10 for me. I love Kate Hudson, and yummy Matthew McConaughey. A nice and funny romantic comedy, prob the best romantic comedy I have seen.
View Public Profile Find more posts by TiCkLe Add TiCkLe to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(06-Jun-2006 at 01:40)

Originally Posted by TiCkLe:
Oh another 10/10 for me. I love Kate Hudson, and yummy Matthew McConaughey. A nice and funny romantic comedy, prob the best romantic comedy I have seen.
Amen to that!

let me see if I can get this right. "Buuuuulllsheeeat"

Last edited by RoWizzies, 06-Jun-2006 at 01:42.
Edit reason: ...except the McConaughey part :D
View Public Profile Find more posts by RoWizzies Add RoWizzies to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Jul-2006 at 22:38)

I only saw like the last half of the show becasue I just got home from work, and I actually enjoyed it even though its a romance movie (ewwwww! )

I would like to see the whole thing because I want to know about how the bet got started. 7/10
View Public Profile Find more posts by Acadian9 Add Acadian9 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(04-Jul-2006 at 05:22)

A great movie, one of my favourites.
9/10
Tony: Drunk and tone-deaf. Never a good combination.
NB: RoWizzies, you got it right

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege!
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - The Fear of Long Words

Last edited by Alexstrasza, 04-Jul-2006 at 05:23.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Alexstrasza Add Alexstrasza to your Buddy List Reply with Quote