Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Media Mania > Movie Reviews and Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(19-Jan-2008 at 22:42)

[1987] The Untouchables

Genre: Crime, Drama, History, Thriller

Director: Brian De Palma

Plot: Federal Agent Elliot Ness sets out to take out Al Capone; because of rampant corruption, he assembles a small, hand-picked team.

Actors:
Kevin Costner ... Eliot Ness
Sean Connery ... Jim Malone
Charles Martin Smith ... Agent Oscar Wallace
Andy Garcia ... Agent George Stone / Giuseppe Petri
Robert De Niro ... Al Capone
Richard Bradford ... Police Chief Mike Dorsett
Jack Kehoe ... Walter Payne
Brad Sullivan ... George
Billy Drago ... Frank Nitti
Patricia Clarkson ... Catherine Ness
Vito D'Ambrosio ... Bowtie Driver
Steven Goldstein ... Scoop
Peter Aylward ... Lt. Anderson
Don Harvey ... Officer Preseuski
Robert Swan ... Mountie Captain

IMDB link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094226/
View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Oct-2008 at 08:46)

One of the best Brian De Palma movies. Set during the Prohibition era and the era of "Al Capone", Elliot Ness sets out to bring Capone's empire down with the help of local policeman Jim Malone, Treasury accountant Oscar Wallace and rookie maverick policeman George Stone.

Featuring the usual brilliant performances by Robert De Niro and Sean Connery, Kevin Costner plays his part very well in this tragic crime thriller in which a man of principle realizes that principle alone cannot help you in the real world and that you have to get your hands dirty sometimes.

9/10. One of my favourite movies.

In search of hope
I proceed to dream
Only to stumble and fall
I proceed to tribulation
View Public Profile Find more posts by Melkesh Add Melkesh to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as DeRnhelm)
Donated $11.54
(22-Oct-2008 at 23:44)

I recently became a big fan of Mafia-movies, a little over a year ago to be exact. Within this time I've seen The Godfather, Scarface, Sopranos (2 times), Goodfellas, The Heat and some more I can't remember right now.

This movie, sadly, didn't do it for me.
the mafia is supposed to beat the cops ^^ and the authority of Al Capone was severely injured.

~ŠeRn~
BTW: You Are All Buffle Headed
View Public Profile Find more posts by DeRn HaLL Add DeRn HaLL to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Dec-2010 at 00:49)

Now this is a 'mafia movie' I can get behind, though it's more about cops than mafia.

Still, an enjoyable flick, though not one of 'the greats' in my mind.

Just because it's a classic doesn't mean it's fantastic.

7/10
Still pretty good, though.

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote