Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Media Mania > TV Shows Reviews and Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.67 average
(Posted as Starfriend)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(26-Dec-2006 at 06:42)

[1989] Seinfeld

Genre: Comedy

Plot: The continuing misadventures of neurotic New York stand-up comedian Jerry Seinfeld and his equally neurotic New York friends.

Actors:
Jerry Seinfeld .... Jerry Seinfeld / ... (175 episodes, 1989-1998)
Jason Alexander .... George Costanza / ... (174 episodes, 1989-1998)
Michael Richards .... Cosmo Kramer / ... (173 episodes, 1989-1998)
Julia Louis-Dreyfus .... Elaine Benes / ... (172 episodes, 1990-1998)

TV.com link:
http://www.tv.com/seinfeld/show/112/summary.html

IMDB link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098904/
View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as wtfX)
(26-Dec-2006 at 16:37)

This is the alltime best show of televised history.

A hilarious story every episode, hilarious jokes and characters you could relate to in a way you'd rather not admit to other people.

George Costanza has to be one of the funniest tv characters of all time. The things he does, the way he gets annoyed, how everything goes wrong for him and his parents...oh it's just so good.

If you've never seen this, please do. You'll do yourself an amazing favor picking up the DVD somewhere and watching. Truely, each episode is a work of art.

11/10

Last edited by wtfX, 26-Dec-2006 at 16:37.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as AMYQ)
(01-Jan-2007 at 12:29)

The worst show in TV history! Its so bad, annoying characters with annoying voices and stupid (and severe lack of) storyline.

0/100000000

INSANE CUBE FISH™
This is the clock up on the wall/This is the story of us all/This is the first sound of a new born child before he starts to crawl
This is the war that's never won/This is the soldier and his gun/This is the mother waiting by the phone praying for her son
View Public Profile Find more posts by Miss AmyQ Add Miss AmyQ to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Arvid P)
Donated $1.20
(01-Jan-2007 at 19:38)

I love it. Its totally pointless, and at the same time, SO funny!
Especially..

Quote:
George Costanza has to be one of the funniest tv characters of all time.
So true, so true

"If guns kill people...Can I blame mispelled words on my pencil?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mad Morgan Add Mad Morgan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $112.99
(01-Jan-2007 at 20:05)

I can't really watch the show. To stupid.

Is it true there is a picture of Superman in every episode hidden?
View Public Profile Find more posts by advocatus Add advocatus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as wtfX)
(01-Jan-2007 at 20:39)

Re: [1989] Seinfeld

Originally Posted by advocatus: View Post
I can't really watch the show. To stupid.
Guess you don't watch much tv (except for documentaries and some news shows) at all then

Originally Posted by advocatus: View Post
Is it true there is a picture of Superman in every episode hidden?
And yeah, but 'hidden'...it's more like there's a Superman refridgirator magnet or a superman little action figure on the shelf. They don't make a big deal of it and it doesn't distract or anyting. You don't really notice it, unless you look for it in which case you do see it every episode.
I don't care for it myself, since it's one of those two things (magnet or action figure) like every episode. So it's not like they make up something ingenious to put it in.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Thrinniti)
(02-Jan-2007 at 15:56)

just like friends, this is also one of the best comedie shows in existence imo. 5/5

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids , we'd all be running around in darkened rooms munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electron ic music ."
Kristian Wilson , Nintendo Inc 1989
View Public Profile Find more posts by Skrix Add Skrix to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Jan-2007 at 05:10)

This one rocks!! George is the best!

"You spoony bard!"
View Public Profile Find more posts by TheIronMaiden Add TheIronMaiden to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Jan-2007 at 05:38)

Has to be one of the shows that everyone watches at least once. My favorite is Elaine, she always pushes the someone over.

10/10

I am the darkness in your life, I am the light
I am the end of your tunnel, I am the beginning of your future
I am the end, your end. I am the path to your salvation.

Your bane, or your hope. You decide.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brightbane Add Brightbane to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $6.28
(03-Jan-2007 at 07:04)

I watched it on TV the other day. It was weird, because I had seen the episode before (Jerry shaves his chest, Elaine does things with muffin tops...). It was weird because I have watched Seinfeld about three times in my life.

The snippets of slap bass between scenes got trying after about 10 minutes.

My Band
How many bass players does it take to change a light bulb?
5. One to change it, and the other 4 to hold the guitarists back who are trying to hog the light.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Zelun Add Zelun to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Jan-2007 at 12:20)

One of the best comedy shows ever imo. How anyone can find this stupid is beyond me. Captures pretty much what life is about. (which is nothing, no major drama every other episode)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Largoi Add Largoi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $2.08
(09-Jan-2007 at 07:11)

Best comedy of, at least, the 90's. It really is a show about nothing, but how they manage to get convoluted plots out of it is still uncomprehensible to me. Therefore, I just sit down and enjoy.

My only complain is that it is shown way too often, in way too many channels. As good as it is, I get tired of it quickly.

"Why should I have to work for everything?! It's like saying I don't deserve it!" - Calvin.

Last edited by Stewie, 09-Jan-2007 at 07:12.
Edit reason: 5/5
View Public Profile Find more posts by Stewie Add Stewie to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Jan-2007 at 04:04)

Re: [1989] Seinfeld

Originally Posted by Largoi: View Post
One of the best comedy shows ever imo. How anyone can find this stupid is beyond me. Captures pretty much what life is about. (which is nothing, no major drama every other episode)
100% in agreement. Possibly the funniest show in TV history. Never thought to myself "isn't it the truth" more than when I watched this show.

Last Member of the Church of Valek
-------------------------------------
Insert something witty here.
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -John Paul Jones
View Public Profile Visit Dead Canaanite's homepage Find more posts by Dead Canaanite Add Dead Canaanite to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Jan-2007 at 08:40)
Far from one of my favorites, but, I think I've seen every episode. I never noticed the Superman thing though. Something about the show just never did it for me. Maybe cause I like watching stuff about something?
View Public Profile Find more posts by ujgearhead Add ujgearhead to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $11.54
(31-Mar-2007 at 05:31)

One of my favourites, 10/10 definitely.
It's one of the best sitcoms because it's original and the characters are very authentic and well played. My favourite character is Kramer, the way he has connections everywhere, the way he knows everything if you ask him and the way he thinks he is sexy.. Best things about the show

~ĐeRn~
BTW: You Are All Buffle Headed
View Public Profile Find more posts by DeRn HaLL Add DeRn HaLL to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Mar-2007 at 05:40)

Ill watch it if I can't find anything else on television and don't feel like playing playstation.

Just found this kind of funny... I wonder if it was intentional.
Quote:
Jerry Seinfeld / ... (175 episodes, 1989-1998)
George Costanza / ... (174 episodes, 1989-1998)
Cosmo Kramer / ... (173 episodes, 1989-1998)
Elaine Benes / ... (172 episodes, 1990-1998)

2/5

If all else fails, call someone a troll.
that can be fixed... / Ć

Last edited by Greeney, 31-Mar-2007 at 05:41.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Apr-2007 at 18:16)

I love this show. It's funny, which is good because it's sussposed to be a comedy. There isn't really a story line, but the episodes flow very well. There are twists and it's still a hilarious show. 5/5!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Acadian9 Add Acadian9 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Apr-2007 at 05:03)

Possibly one of the greatest television shows ever aired. And my word is worth a thousand that are all worth a million. QED.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."
-Soren Kierkegaard
"Those who know don't say, and those who say don't know."
- Lao Tzu
More Quotes...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Syke Add Syke to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old VaX It's a boy!
(23-Sep-2008 at 20:13)
Seinfeld is pure gold. I understand some people out there just didn't like the show, to them it was too simple. But it was how simple the show was that made it such gold. Sadly some people still over think the show and still don't get it, poor people.

Regardless of if we are right or wrong, history will form its own opinions.

If your not willing to die for democracy then you shouldn't be allowed to enjoy it.
View Public Profile Find more posts by VaX Add VaX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
(25-Oct-2009 at 00:43)
im a big fan of kramer.

we need more people like him in the world lol

swifty woz ere editing my sig 2009. hes radical.
View Public Profile Find more posts by 7baz Add 7baz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote