Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Do you the Genesis server?
Yes. 20 62.50%
No. 12 37.50%
Who voted? Voters: 32
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(13-Jan-2007 at 21:25)

Do you like the Genesis server?

For me, I do. I have had a lot more fun in this server, having 80% of my kingdoms being great at warring. I have had more wins vs losses in this server and have set personal records in this server.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Acadian9 Add Acadian9 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-Jan-2007 at 23:18)

Well, yes. Genesis isn't perfect, and I like WoL a bit better, but more Utopia is more fun - at least when I'm in one of my enthusiastic periods about the game. I like Genesis especially because I don't care about it. If my province there gets totally ruined, so what? Not that I'm really caring about the WoL one, but there is definitely a difference.

Genesis is also fun because it is the try-out server, and because you keep meeting new people and every round you have the chance of landing with a really good group (keep moving in WoL will mean losing your friends, in Gen it is mandatory).
View Public Profile Visit Apeiron's homepage Find more posts by Apeiron Add Apeiron to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $2.44
(19-Jan-2007 at 15:29)

i would lean to Yes, but just one reason, you can completely screw up and get away with it =)
View Public Profile Find more posts by NeoDeGenero Add NeoDeGenero to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Jan-2007 at 16:27)

I have never played on that server before, but I don't dislike it. I have voted yes.

2012 <--- GOOGLE BOMB IT.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sabbie Add Sabbie to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Jan-2007 at 17:45)

Genesis server is lame. Can be fun though I guess if you have that much extra time. Pretty much why activity is pretty shotty on gen, nobody cares.

Like a fine wine, I get better with age.
View Public Profile Find more posts by BeaubaFETT Add BeaubaFETT to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Jan-2007 at 01:20)

not that i even play utopia, but when i did, i saw that on gen, noone really cared about the game, huge skill differences inside KDs (leading to huge NW differences), problems dealing with getting a king elected every age, probelmes with activity, people playing ridiculous starts to "try them", andd the KDs that cheat having a even bigger advantage (because the other KDs dont even know each other at all)

so...no

"Hmph, you and your third dimension."
"What about it?" "Oh nothing, itís cute. We have five."
"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Thrinniti)
(20-Jan-2007 at 11:48)

i had one of my best ages in genesis so im forced to say yes

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids , we'd all be running around in darkened rooms munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electron ic music ."
Kristian Wilson , Nintendo Inc 1989
View Public Profile Find more posts by Skrix Add Skrix to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
(20-Jan-2007 at 17:10)

Genesis rox.

I am 'great', and yet... I stumble.
...Naz thinks he's great, but should have self critique/irony to see that he stumbles... Stubb apparently hasn't seen the show Shark.
...Yet Stubb would provide a link to where a quote is taken from... How's -that- for an URL. ;] ... How about -this- as the #1 result? ;p Explanation: PEBKAC HELP! I'm being repressed!. . . I love beer and WP.
View Public Profile Find more posts by 0Stubb0 Add 0Stubb0 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Jan-2007 at 21:32)

I like the Genesis server, I find it refreshing to start over each age, it allows me to try things out without wasting a WoL age on a duff build.

I tend to use Genesis as the "practice" game, using the types I expect to be using in the next age of WoL.

""You've got to admit it's a bit of a pantomime, though," said Crawley. "I mean, pointing out the Tree and saying 'Don't Touch' in big letters. Not very subtle, is it? I mean, why not put it on top of a high mountain or a long way off? Makes you wonder what He's really planning." - Good Omens, Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett
View Public Profile Find more posts by Cerddor Add Cerddor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote