Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Have you even been in a real fight?
Yes 25 47.17%
No 13 24.53%
Something between a sissy fight and real fight 15 28.30%
Who voted? Voters: 53
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as Thrinniti)
(15-Jan-2007 at 14:42)

Ever been in a fight?

And im talking about a real fight, not hair pulling or nail scratching in case some ladies were thinking otherwise! A 1vs1 fight or groupfight in which you receive several blows/kicks to the head or body and in which you'll end up at least with a lot of bruises in the best scenario.

So if you vote Yes, it has to be a fight that longs a few minutes and that messes up the fighters. The 3rd option will probably be picked the most, this option is ment for those 'little' fights you've encountered probably a lot of times in the past. Some kicking and hitting but not smashing eachother a broken nose or twisted leg or something

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids , we'd all be running around in darkened rooms munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electron ic music ."
Kristian Wilson , Nintendo Inc 1989

Last edited by Thrinniti, 15-Jan-2007 at 14:45.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Skrix Add Skrix to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Jan-2007 at 15:04)

Well i box a little, but thats organized so i don't know if it counts. Certainly some bruieses, blood, and a broken nose :P
but never a street fight type thing (which is what i think you're thinking of)

Have a HooT
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lucan Add Lucan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Jan-2007 at 15:20)

I was in one "real" fight, everything else wasnt accourding to your views on it, though I guess I have to agree ... getting shoved or shoving someone a couple of times isnt really a fight.

Heaven sent
Hell bent
View Public Profile Find more posts by Angry Angel Add Angry Angel to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Uzgadra)
(15-Jan-2007 at 15:22)

Up until I hit 30 brawling was a regular occurance for me and it has to be said and I know this will sound a little crazy but I loved it I still have a very short fuse but now days I can keep a better handle on things and try and walk away not always easy but I guess sometimes you have to grow up

. R.I.P. Millie you took our hearts with you
. 26th Feb 2002- 4th June 2007
View Public Profile Find more posts by BouffantBob Add BouffantBob to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Jan-2007 at 16:16)

Yeah, and if hospitalizing the guy with a baseball bat counts, I won!

Last Member of the Church of Valek
-------------------------------------
Insert something witty here.
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -John Paul Jones
View Public Profile Visit Dead Canaanite's homepage Find more posts by Dead Canaanite Add Dead Canaanite to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Jan-2007 at 16:49)

Yes. It started out as a play fight, but then things got serious. It was on an ice patch, we were wrestling and then he started to get more physical with me. I ended up with a major bruise on my arm and shoulder and he lost a tooth (must've been loose already as I didn't even hit him that hard) and a split lip. He must've had a near concussion because I threw him to the ground really hard too.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Acadian9 Add Acadian9 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as matinog)
(15-Jan-2007 at 17:04)

not really i have a really thick skin, lol, and a really high tolerance for pain. If someone I dont want to fight punches me in the face i wont even react if im not heated, ill be like "wtf, whats that for" then if needed ill put the guy in a hold or something if he is heated. When i was smaller in Colombia i used to fight a lot though. Imagine 12 yr olds fighting with chains and blood all over.....ew......good thing i never actually good beaten nasty....

RIP John Lennon
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mandraque Add Mandraque to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Jan-2007 at 17:10)

Almost, a couple times I have stupidly pissed off a drunk asshole who was just looking to start a fight. They throw the first punch and I'm kicked out by the bouncer before I get a chance to do anything!

This too will pass
View Public Profile Find more posts by Samurai Pooh Add Samurai Pooh to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Stygma SsM)
Donated $5.00
(15-Jan-2007 at 17:40)
Yeah, back in elementary school, before I learned to control these violent urges, I got into a lot of fights.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Stygma Add Stygma to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Jenn and Jos)
(15-Jan-2007 at 18:08)

Well by demand i thought i would post my fights lol. I been in two actually. One was against my best friend at the time. There was alot of kicking and punching. Of course though i won. She called my mom a whore so i couldnt let that slide. Any ways the fight was so bad she ended up having an Asthma attack and i kicked her and ran after her aways when she tried to run away. But then the cops came. So had to leave her alone. I was quit sore. She pulled alot of my hair out. But i did all the punching and kicking and stuff. She was fighting the girly way. But i always been a bit of a tomboy so....She didnt mess with me again LOL.

My second fight was against a guy. Was my best friend at the time. And he was upset that i jokingly took his hat. So he punched my glasses that i had at the time into my eye. So i broke his hand. And he went home crying. Was a pretty short fight. Made me drop my ice cream too Any ways the guy didnt want to mess with me again either. Didnt want any more broken bones i think so he tried to stay on my good side after that lol

I was however almsot in this fight with a black girl when i was in grade 6 . For some odd reason she thought i was a lesbian and touched her ass but i never did. And the guy i liked who was 2 grades higher came to my rescue. He was also my math tutor lol.

Them are the only fights i been in. well unless you count yelling matches but i always win them. Had thousands of those with my mom. On got so bad she threatened to hit me so i said if she touched me i would do some thing way worse then that to her.

But i basically been a good girl lol. I can definatley hold my own in a fight.

Giraffes are cool
View Public Profile Find more posts by Jenn2008 Add Jenn2008 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Thrinniti)
(15-Jan-2007 at 18:35)

Im glad you posted!!

Quote:
So i broke his hand. And he went home crying. Was a pretty short fight. Made me drop my ice cream too

Quote:
For some odd reason she thought i was a lesbian
I can imagine

Remember me never to provoke you!

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids , we'd all be running around in darkened rooms munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electron ic music ."
Kristian Wilson , Nintendo Inc 1989
View Public Profile Find more posts by Skrix Add Skrix to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(15-Jan-2007 at 21:00)

To be honest, the worst ‘fight’ where I’ve been directly involved in has been a verbal argument in the Prefect Corps [PC], (aka Student Representative Council). It got really heated, and it was a really hot day, too, and maybe I had a bad day, I’m not too sure, however, all I remember was that people from both sides of the Council eventually became too tired and just left. And it wasn’t as if the issue was –too- important; it probably was just something about another mufti day or something rather. Too bad so many of us are/were passionate debaters.

Being a member of the PC, we are put roster for playground duties, once a fortnight. Since our school is predominantly made up of teenagers (or pre-teens), there will be fights from time to time. What sucks so much is trying to break up the fight without hurting the participants. Not very easy, considering once I did a roundhouse kick on a Yr 12 student because he punched another prefect (a girl, no less), for trying to break up his fight. Thankfully, I didn’t get detention, but he did, and I did break his nose. Ah, it rules being allowed to give detentions, but not being allowed to be given them.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege!
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - The Fear of Long Words
View Public Profile Find more posts by Alexstrasza Add Alexstrasza to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Celtic209)
(15-Jan-2007 at 21:47)

meh couple schoolboy fights. The worst was a black eye...lasted a minute at least....I was doing good until the other guy realized i could take a beating and decided to go for the face
View Public Profile Find more posts by Celtic22 Add Celtic22 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Jan-2007 at 21:55)

I guess I've been a very good girl over the years ^^ I have never had any fights, not even the 'sissy kind'. Mostly because I was a total loser when I was younger, but also because I have never been very strong, so I'd lose all the time.

[EDIT]: You should see me and Apeiron 'fight', he just grabs hold of my wrists and I can't do a thing. I'm actually quite weak to be honest

I'm more of a verbal-fighter and win those battles often. But I guess that doesn't count

2012 <--- GOOGLE BOMB IT.

Last edited by Sabbie, 15-Jan-2007 at 21:57.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sabbie Add Sabbie to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Jan-2007 at 22:38)

Re: Ever been in a fight?

Originally Posted by Sabbie: View Post
I guess I've been a very good girl over the years ^^ I have never had any fights, not even the 'sissy kind'. Mostly because I was a total loser when I was younger, but also because I have never been very strong, so I'd lose all the time.

[EDIT]: You should see me and Apeiron 'fight', he just grabs hold of my wrists and I can't do a thing. I'm actually quite weak to be honest

I'm more of a verbal-fighter and win those battles often. But I guess that doesn't count
If you mean you can be very stubborn, then you should try getting your way with my brother verbally. He's a damn brick wall! He used words, I use my fists hehe.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Acadian9 Add Acadian9 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Jan-2007 at 00:32)

Not by your definition. I either end a fight quick, or I don't get in a fight.

Only one fight I remember, I was scooting along an asile to get to an empty seat during a school sponsored church service. Some kid who didn't like me decided that was a perfect time to punch me in the balls. He didn't count on the fact that my balls have a direct connection to my fist. I punched him so hard in the face that he fell backwards off his chair. Got me suspended, but he never bothered me again.

I haven't even had an enemy since high school.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Royal Assassin3 Add Royal Assassin3 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Jan-2007 at 01:58)

Ive been in plenty of fights and most of them with friends of mine where we agree to it. Many black eyes, busted lips, and sore body parts. Guess we're kind of a rowdy bunch. :P

All fights Ive been in besides that have been big brawls on the street or at parties. Thankfully, Ive never got hurt in any of those but cause quite a bit of harm to the otherside.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ramalad Add Ramalad to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Jan-2007 at 12:17)

I am not entirely sure what to answer. Have hardly ever been in any serious fight, and those were all very short (because I rock, obviously ). Others were not entirely serious, and always very short as well.

The reason that they're so short is also because I've been training Aikido for I guess about 5 years now. In Aikido you learn all sorts of techniques, rather than punching and kicking. Once you get hold of your opponent in the right way - and this can be within seconds - you can control them completely.
I've also trained Karate and Jiu Jitsu for a while, and I can assure you that I much rather take a Karate punch in the stomach or even in the face, than have an Aikido technique seriously performed on me.
View Public Profile Visit Apeiron's homepage Find more posts by Apeiron Add Apeiron to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $2.44
(16-Jan-2007 at 13:09)

yeh plenty, went to a all boys high school, know for its gansters, sporting achievements and nerds.

half of my grade are gansters, 3/4 of them have connections to gangs. Been in a few gangfights myself. Damn now i think about it, those guns and machetes are pretty scary ><
View Public Profile Find more posts by NeoDeGenero Add NeoDeGenero to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Jan-2007 at 13:57)

whats a ganster ?

Grew up in Broadmeadows Victoria fighting was just everyday occurance .... for male and female.

Fear is the foundation of most governments
Five years of banning
04-Dec-2002 Starfriend Spamming
11-Dec-2007 Saint Sinner Off-Topic Post
Happy Wooden anniversary
View Public Profile Find more posts by HarleyQuinnROX Add HarleyQuinnROX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote