Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Who will win Super Bowl XLI?
Indianapolis Colts 13 56.52%
Chicago Bears 10 43.48%
Who voted? Voters: 23
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(23-Jan-2007 at 02:09)

Who will win Super Bowl XLI?

My bet is on the Colts as they were down by 18 at half and won the game (only from a lucky interception though.)

Last edited by Acadian9, 23-Jan-2007 at 02:18.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Acadian9 Add Acadian9 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
(23-Jan-2007 at 02:36)

im sorry but if manning can suck that hard in the first half, pull the manning show in the 2nd half and have a defense that can keep him in the game for over 6 quarters (reference to last game) indy cant be stopped, cant, wont and will not be.

I'm 1970's pimp smooth...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Money Mathews Add Money Mathews to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Jan-2007 at 05:27)

I pick the Bears, because I cant bear to think of the Colts winning.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin
View Public Profile Find more posts by KnightoftheNite Add KnightoftheNite to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Jan-2007 at 05:45)

with the bears QB the bears defense has to play outstanding all game and i dont think thats possible

Never Forget

September 11, 2001
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invictus2001 Add Invictus2001 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Former Global Moderator)
Research Group
(23-Jan-2007 at 06:17)

I'm calling it for the Colts. NFC sucks this year...

The Kiowa swooped and banked hard in front of the car, firing three more shots through the front hood, the universal sign for “stop.”
There are two important rules for sucess in life.
1. Never tell anyone everything you know.
View Public Profile Visit Hawkeyekid's homepage Find more posts by Hawkeyekid Add Hawkeyekid to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Jan-2007 at 22:05)

GO BEARS! FUCK YEAH!!!

Quote:
with the bears QB the bears defense has to play outstanding all game and i dont think thats possible
Were you watching the same game I was yesterday? Our offense did amazing in an underdog game against New Orleans. We also shut down one of the highest-scoring teams in the league. Aside from Reggie's fluke TD Bears defense totally shut them down. If we can hold down the Deuce and Reggie then Bears defense can certainly step it up for the Colts.

In the immortal words of Urlacher "Reggie was fast, but not fast enough!".

Our defense will make Manning hop around in the pocket all day and stop the big passes. Bears have proved to us that they truly are a powerhouse, and the Colts will hardly be a challenge.

Quote:
im sorry but if manning can suck that hard in the first half, pull the manning show in the 2nd half and have a defense that can keep him in the game for over 6 quarters (reference to last game) indy cant be stopped, cant, wont and will not be.
I threw a good pass, so now I am unstoppable. That is some seriously flawed logic.

"I once went on a long marathon session of masturbation with the goal of doing it 5 times and towards the end I was losing the ability to get it up. I started freaking out because that had never happened to me before and thought I had somehow broken something. After getting that fear in my head I had REAL difficulty getting it up no matter much much I touched it. -RA3
View Public Profile Find more posts by Californication Add Californication to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
(24-Jan-2007 at 22:31)

Re: Who will win Super Bowl XLI?

Originally Posted by Californication: View Post
I threw a good pass, so now I am unstoppable. That is some seriously flawed logic.
just as flawed as yours saying manning wont be able to repeat that once during the bears game, and as said with the defense the colts have been putting up doing the postseason grossman will choke worse than saddam did.

I'm 1970's pimp smooth...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Money Mathews Add Money Mathews to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Jan-2007 at 02:42)

Quote:
just as flawed as yours saying manning wont be able to repeat that once during the bears game, and as said with the defense the colts have been putting up doing the postseason grossman will choke worse than saddam did.
I used reasoning behind my claim. Bears defense will shut Manning down. And the fact that Grossman has been getting progressively better this season was proven last Sunday.

Colts are clearly the inferior team here. I guess winning on a fluke makes your team unstoppable, though.

"I once went on a long marathon session of masturbation with the goal of doing it 5 times and towards the end I was losing the ability to get it up. I started freaking out because that had never happened to me before and thought I had somehow broken something. After getting that fear in my head I had REAL difficulty getting it up no matter much much I touched it. -RA3
View Public Profile Find more posts by Californication Add Californication to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Stygma SsM)
Donated $5.00
(25-Jan-2007 at 05:19)
I picked the Colts because I fucking hate Bears.

Also, I understand they are quite good at football.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Stygma Add Stygma to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Jan-2007 at 18:16)

I hate both the bears and the colts. So I guess I must go with the Colts. Is nice to see 2 teams very close to my location going to the SB though.

Like a fine wine, I get better with age.
View Public Profile Find more posts by BeaubaFETT Add BeaubaFETT to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Jan-2007 at 22:13)
Re: Who will win Super Bowl XLI?

Originally Posted by Californication: View Post
I used reasoning behind my claim. Bears defense will shut Manning down. And the fact that Grossman has been getting progressively better this season was proven last Sunday.

Colts are clearly the inferior team here. I guess winning on a fluke makes your team unstoppable, though.
I guess when you keep on winning it makes it a fluke

As for Sexy Rexy he is the wild card of this whole thing, if he can get some passes into the Colts secondary they might have a chance, but the Colts passing D is one of the best(sadly, I'm not for sure if Harper is going to play). The minute he starts throwing interceptions he will lose the game for the Bears, so he doesn't have to have perfect game, just a game w/o any interceptions for a win.

But, the Colts will win
View Public Profile Find more posts by tylerrrrr Add tylerrrrr to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Jan-2007 at 22:50)

I think the colts will win. Lets face it the bears pass defence is not that special as of late. Brees did have a good day throwing for 354 yards, it's the bears run defense which is impressive.

Quote:
Our defense will make Manning hop around in the pocket all day and stop the big passes. Bears have proved to us that they truly are a powerhouse, and the Colts will hardly be a challenge.
I'm sorry but the bears haven't been stopping the big passes as of late. 354 yards to Brees, week 17 farve threw for 285, week 16 Kitna throws for 283, week 15 tampa goes for 315, week 14 Bulger throws for 356. That is not the performance of a great defense ecspecially because if you look at those teams besides the Saints none of them are really that strong.

I think Manning will have a field day with the Bears pass defence and it really won't matter that the colts had their running game shut down... it's not like they've been dependent on it for the past 5 years.

If life gets rough beat it with a stick.
Join #bar, commies aren't welcome.
Join #mafiagame, for the greatest mafia experience on IRC!
View Public Profile Find more posts by VantagePoint Add VantagePoint to your Buddy List Reply with Quote