Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Suggestions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(25-May-2009 at 01:02)
Genesis Play suggestion

Mercenaries:

If your in a war you can send a huge nontaxable aid to a kingdom that will allow them to join in on the war. Lets say minimum requirement is like 20 mil gc, 10,000 soldiers, food, runes, science etc...all the aid goes into a bank where the receiving king is allowed to hand out what each provinces wants or needs. Also perhaps the Merc. kingdom will receive a portion of the other kingdoms winning or honor pending on if they won. And also that Merc kingdom might receiving a 10% tax of the other kingdom for about 2 utopian months.

With rewards comes risk.

If the merc kingdom joins in and that kingdom still loses, then the merc kingdom must pay the kingdom they have a contract with 20% tax for 3 utopia months, which the money will go into the kingdom banks and the king can do what he wants with it. Also since the kingdom ask for outside assistance and still lost each province will lost 7% of their honor.

So choice wisely or both kingdoms can get screwed. Also both kingdoms can only hire one kingdom during a war.

Would be interesting to see all the difference FOR HIRE banners we would see. I know this is a little extreme but thats way i say try it in Genesis
View Public Profile Find more posts by Cani Add Cani to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Jun-2009 at 06:08)
I don't think being a mercenary is an honorable profession as you give yourself to the highest bidder - therefore no real loyalty.

If this was implemented the merc kd should only get paid the initial bill as you said 2mil gc, food, runes etc...

As in real life if you lose, you can't get your money back once you've paid.

This could be good for having a tag team, both kingdoms have a merc kd on their side. Seems a bit unfair though if one kingdom can't afford a merc kd and so it's 2 against 1!

If it did get implemented I certainly think that there should be lower honor gained for the kingdom that called in mercs to help them, as it's not that honorable to fight 2 against 1. Maybe even lose honor because of it.

Also if one kingdom fights two kingdoms they should have higher honor gains.

To be honest I don't like this idea much at all, weaker kingdoms could trick stronger kingdoms into warring them then call in back up.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lady Massacre Add Lady Massacre to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-Jun-2009 at 22:58)

LOL You ever hear of a alliance? You know how easily this would be abused? Basically if you warred 1 KD, you would war the entire alliance...

"Hmph, you and your third dimension."
"What about it?" "Oh nothing, itís cute. We have five."
"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Jul-2009 at 07:40)

agree with you chillin way to overpowered in an alliance KD.

but if it ever did get implemented then the totals when you would just come OOP would be lower than what they would be at the end of the age. Have the percentages KD based so that way when your KD grows it has to pay a higher amount of resources.

Burning flames, shooting energy bursts, power with anger and superforms that kind of fights a Saiyan really desires
View Public Profile Visit draconis84's homepage Find more posts by draconis84 Add draconis84 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Oct-2009 at 19:46)
Re: Genesis Play suggestion

Originally Posted by draconis84: View Post
agree with you chillin way to overpowered in an alliance KD.

but if it ever did get implemented then the totals when you would just come OOP would be lower than what they would be at the end of the age. Have the percentages KD based so that way when your KD grows it has to pay a higher amount of resources.
Yeah, It'd be too overpowered with a HUMAN kd...

Have a system where you have a simulated KD (computer) which mimics the actions of a real one- It attacks, ops, gains land, loses land, etc.

You'd have to think out what could go wrong, and how big these KDs could be- you could hire smaller ones just to gain an edge - a diversion, or a big one to try and make them lose some acres.

Of course, if you made them like a norm KD, the other KD'd be dead.
So make their ME, BE, Max Pop, penalised.. just my thoughts
View Public Profile Find more posts by Fanatic39 Add Fanatic39 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote