Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(11-Mar-2003 at 20:29)

Battle Field

I started playing two ages ago. I began playing as Swirve suggested on wol. I've played many differnt strats and am comfortable with the game. The only thing frustrating about the game is the inactivity in almost every kingdom I've been in. I'm thinking about going to BF next age. Is it more active on BF, or is it about the same on both servers? Also what is the biggest differance between the two?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Marduk III Add Marduk III to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Mar-2003 at 20:32)

Battlefield is supposedly harder with more wars? compared to the supposedly ghetto wars in WoL lolz... Expect a lot of gangbanging in battlefields though

"I'm only holding back the rain. So many raindrops, so many pains."
"A member of the UT atheist community"
View Public Profile Find more posts by co0l Add co0l to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Mar-2003 at 20:32)

the difference between battlefields and world of legends is very small nowadays. World of Legends existed first and then Battlefields was made for the more experienced and active players. However over time the difference has shrunk and so no battlefields really isn't that different to World of Legends although I guess overall there is a slightly higher level of experience.

Signature suspended by Brother Naz for violating the forum's 60 pixel rule. Brother Naz says "respect ma authoritor"
Actually Brother Naz says "No I didn't [say that] you liar!"
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sesko Add Sesko to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as illuvata)
Donated $1.88
(11-Mar-2003 at 20:46)
id say the main difference is that if you go into a random kingdom, your chance of landing in an active one is slightly higher. however, there are gettos just like in WoL, and their just as bad. similarly, their some very good kingdoms in WoL, just as in BF
View Public Profile Find more posts by Illuvatar Add Illuvatar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as danies400)
(11-Mar-2003 at 21:00)

Not really any difference.Just 'more experiance',thats all.Dont bother moving.

*shoots Igor*

Signature suspended by D4n1es for not being able to think up an original one or code it right...
View Public Profile Visit D4n1es's homepage Find more posts by D4n1es Add D4n1es to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Mar-2003 at 22:45)

the chance you get at least 2-3 expirenced and active players in your kd is higher.

It's alright to hate George W. Bush
SM-barkeep, Rest in Peace YYA - Alliance still ruin utopian fun, The god of typos, WARNING!!! Posting at UT makes addictive

View Public Profile Visit Russian Sputnik's homepage Find more posts by Russian Sputnik Add Russian Sputnik to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Mar-2003 at 22:56)

I thought on BF there would just be a lot more wars going on. Tell me if I'm wrong in this.

Signature suspended by Sygnal for violating the forum's rules.[Don't give hints on how to kill people ingame via Utopia Temple.]
View Public Profile Find more posts by harlekein Add harlekein to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Mar-2003 at 00:28)
battlefields is a bit more active and a bit more difficult because of that. it also seems like theres more wars, but i never played WoL. all i know is that its the more competive server, so you'd better have a nice strat or your gonna get GB'd
View Public Profile Find more posts by deathblooms Add deathblooms to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Mar-2003 at 00:52)
well actually you will not necessarly be in a more active KD ... unfortunatly!!!

i guess that actives players are perhaps more active ... and the game itself is made more difficult because ( in general) you will fight against more experianced player .. so if u play attacker you ll be retailed 90% of the time ... andas a T/M u ll have to face people with better def .. IN GENARAL i insist !!!

finally the game is a bit harder : u get less money on the BF and things are going more quickly ... thoses are the major differences i noticed ( for having played in both servers ..)

but don t think that u ll necessary be in a "good" or very active ... like everywhere , in the BF you have KD that rocks and some other that .... ( would better be on the woL) but that s a personnal opinion !!

some people prefers to be in the top WoL than in the average player of BF

but for me it s more fun to play with more experianced people !! it just makes the war harder and more exiting !!
View Public Profile Find more posts by azalea Add azalea to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Mar-2003 at 01:39)
BF is definitely harder. On WoL, I used to semisuicide, leave like 25 dpa on 3500 acres and not get touched. On Bf, if you do that, prepare to lose over 1000 acres.
View Public Profile Find more posts by ChunkyMonkyMyth Add ChunkyMonkyMyth to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Mar-2003 at 12:47)
ChunkyMonkyMyth ,
if u will on my kd , get ready to be razed to death ;]

BF is an smaller server , therefor less place for inactives
and more competition , Allainces , wars , retals w/e , more active and competetive , therefor u need to be more expirensed :]
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nastrada Add Nastrada to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Mar-2003 at 13:33)
BF is only like 10000 people smaller, and I'm sure WoL has alot more inactive people than BF. BF is alot harder than WoL fromw hat I've seen, A 5.5 million nw kingdom on WoL can expect to be around 3 million on BF. Also you can expect to be in probably twice the wars on BF. On WoL you can an age being in only 3 wars, BF you will be in at least 6, and that's if you don't ever declare.
View Public Profile Find more posts by anddylanrew Add anddylanrew to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Mar-2003 at 14:23)

having experianced both servers, i find that BF is just alot more fun to play in. theres definetly more challenge and you gotta think b4 you move. so yeah, theres more organizations, but that dosent mean theres no ghettoes. matter of fact, my kingdom is fighting one right now. actually its not really a fight. 2 days in and they're already about 1 million nw behind us
View Public Profile Find more posts by wheelman Add wheelman to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Lohrtar X)
(12-Mar-2003 at 14:40)

Quote:
(Originally posted by ChunkyMonkyMyth)

BF is definitely harder. On WoL, I used to semisuicide, leave like 25 dpa on 3500 acres and not get touched. On Bf, if you do that, prepare to lose over 1000 acres.
You call that SEMI-suiciding?! Oh dear...

Sir Lohrtar the Mortar

The Crusader of Retribution
Let not thy will roar, when thy power can but whisper
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sir Lohrtar Add Sir Lohrtar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Mar-2003 at 16:01)
Quote:
(Originally posted by ChunkyMonkyMyth)

Guess what's worse than a ghetto?

Ans: Someone that doesn't know he's one.

yup, you will be raze to death by your own KDmate if you are in my BF KD.
BF is also full of newbies and inactives. i remember when i first join, i could not even create an account on BF but need to be promoted when my KD in WOL is doing well. now.... anyone can just make one.
no point jumping ship. just get a few close KDmates to form the core of your KD and play along. making a powerful KD is more fulfilling than joining one.
View Public Profile Find more posts by LordPerrier Add LordPerrier to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as piro)
Donated $37.00
(12-Mar-2003 at 16:55)

My kingdom was 8 million on Worlds, and now here 3. Oh the pain.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Piro Add Piro to your Buddy List Reply with Quote