Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Temple > Complaints

Post New Thread Closed Thread
Author Thread
(18-Jan-2008 at 21:01)

Troll problems

Would the moderators mind checking the user Ninjoo http://forums.utopiatemple.com/member.php?u=151175

I thought that he was just another kid but he is starting to look more and more like a troll to me.

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common; they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views
View Public Profile Find more posts by DHoffryn Add DHoffryn to your Buddy List
(18-Jan-2008 at 21:55)

I don't think he's a troll, I just think he's just a new member who is used to sites where people aren't really expected to use their heads as much, nor type sentences in proper English. But yeah, I agree that it is getting annoying seeing a new random topic about pointless crap coming up every six hours.

If all else fails, call someone a troll.
that can be fixed... / Ć
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List
(18-Jan-2008 at 22:02)

Yeah that's the impression i got form him at the begining but by now i am starting to think he just wants to draw attention and annoy people

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common; they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views
Research Group
Donated $112.99
(19-Jan-2008 at 03:10)

I agree... the posts are pretty annoying. I've honestly not really read any of Ninjoo's posts, so I won't get into if it's trolling or not, but I have seen comments such as "Why did you bother posting this? There's no point." etc. and it really is just a matter of, well... useless clutter

Ninjoo: Nobody has a problem with you posting, and making threads. Hell, that's why we're here. But, you need to moderate yourself and have a purpose of posting.

Try something like this:
1. Make a new thread once a week
2. Before you make a thread, ask yourself these questions:
a). What is this thread about?
b). What am I argueing/discussing
c). Is it relevent
3. When making a post, obviously be on topic, and try to make a point (I always try to bring up something new, or add a new spin to something, to try to stir up conversation)

Nobody wants to see you go. Your a (very) active user and that's exactly what we want! But, to much of anything (even if it's good) can be a bad thing. Just moderate yourself, don't be impulsive, and think about what your doing and saying.
View Public Profile Find more posts by advocatus Add advocatus to your Buddy List
(19-Jan-2008 at 03:26)

and remember that acting advocatus diaboli () with substanceless arguments are not conducive to a good debate

Tax collectors are a valid military target - chobham
View Public Profile Find more posts by Spectre19 Add Spectre19 to your Buddy List
(19-Jan-2008 at 04:30)

forgot about non-english rule

advocatus diaboli means devil's advocate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advocatus_diaboli

Tax collectors are a valid military target - chobham
View Public Profile Find more posts by Spectre19 Add Spectre19 to your Buddy List
(Former Global Moderator)
Research Group
(19-Jan-2008 at 04:38)

Re: Troll problems

Originally Posted by DHoffryn: View Post
Would the moderators mind checking the user Ninjoo http://forums.utopiatemple.com/member.php?u=151175

I thought that he was just another kid but he is starting to look more and more like a troll to me.
I just checked on some of his posts and he's nothing close to a troll. At least no where near what I've seen on other boards.

Advocatus-
There are no rules regarding how often a new user may make posts, nor are there guidelines to follow for new threads. While I would agree that lots of them don't belong in RGD really, they're still just as worthy as a lot of other junk posted. Learning to post a few links or things like that to what he's talking about would be good to learn, but you're sounding kind of stifling. Let the man be. Your useless clutter is his content that he wants to talk about. You don't want to, you're free to click away.

The Kiowa swooped and banked hard in front of the car, firing three more shots through the front hood, the universal sign for “stop.”
There are two important rules for sucess in life.
1. Never tell anyone everything you know.
View Public Profile Visit Hawkeyekid's homepage Find more posts by Hawkeyekid Add Hawkeyekid to your Buddy List
(19-Jan-2008 at 08:50)

Thanks for following up Hawkeye. I just had the that vibe from him guess i was wrong. In any case thanks for the effort

(Posted as AMYQ)
(19-Jan-2008 at 10:10)

What's a Troll?

INSANE CUBE FISH™
This is the clock up on the wall/This is the story of us all/This is the first sound of a new born child before he starts to crawl
This is the war that's never won/This is the soldier and his gun/This is the mother waiting by the phone praying for her son
View Public Profile Find more posts by Miss AmyQ Add Miss AmyQ to your Buddy List
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(19-Jan-2008 at 10:22)

Originally Posted by AMYQ: View Post
What's a Troll?
An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List
(Posted as AMYQ)
(19-Jan-2008 at 10:43)

Oh right, so people who need a hobby? Gotcha.

INSANE CUBE FISH™
This is the clock up on the wall/This is the story of us all/This is the first sound of a new born child before he starts to crawl
This is the war that's never won/This is the soldier and his gun/This is the mother waiting by the phone praying for her son
View Public Profile Find more posts by Miss AmyQ Add Miss AmyQ to your Buddy List
(21-Jan-2008 at 04:45)

there is always the /ignore option as well.

Never Forget

September 11, 2001
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invictus2001 Add Invictus2001 to your Buddy List
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(21-Jan-2008 at 09:25)

Originally Posted by Invictus2001: View Post
there is always the /ignore option as well.
You can find your ignore list here

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah

Last edited by Konc, 21-Jan-2008 at 13:03.
Edit reason: ahem
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List
a.k.a. Pip Squeek
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $2.96
(22-Jan-2008 at 18:28)

Sasi you of all people shouldn't know where the ignore list is. I do not ignore people I add them that is right all mafia people are on my buddy list...

Advice to new people: Read this and this it will help you better understand this forum and its rules. Have fun, be active, keep posting and eventually people will accept you for who you are as long as you do not insult them...

Last edited by Zequovixway, 22-Jan-2008 at 20:40.
View Public Profile Visit Zequovixway's homepage Find more posts by Zequovixway Add Zequovixway to your Buddy List
(Post has been warned)
(23-Jan-2008 at 01:48)
haha, I read the atheist vs godthingy thread or whatever it was about and it actually make me laugh. I dont think it was his intention to provoke you guys. Call him an ignorant fool who doesn't have his (or any) facts straight, but in my opinion he tried to have some 'respectable' discussion, he just hasn't found the 'quote' button...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Pesa Add Pesa to your Buddy List
(23-Jan-2008 at 02:03)
pity, to late to edit, sorry for the spamming...

After some more reading I have to change my earlier opinion and conclude that he is either really stupid or really provocative...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Pesa Add Pesa to your Buddy List
a.k.a. Pip Squeek
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $2.96
(23-Jan-2008 at 03:46)

This thread has more than used its life expectancy. Time to take it out back before it become a bitching and putting a user down thread instead of a constructive criticism thread.
View Public Profile Visit Zequovixway's homepage Find more posts by Zequovixway Add Zequovixway to your Buddy List
  Closed Thread