Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Research Laboratory > Previous Rounds' Discussions > Prior Round 15 Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(11-Jan-2002 at 20:30)
Random factor % in Angel Calculator

Bit late for this age, but maybe Mehul won't change it.

I'm wondering what % people are setting the random factor to in the Angel military calculator and still getting successful hits most of the time.

I left it at the default for most of the, just started reducing it recently. I'm down to about 20% and haven't failed anything yet; I'm curious how low people have set it.

For the record, I mean the actual Setting option, not the figure that says what % your offense is higher than their defense.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Thin White Duke Add Thin White Duke to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Jan-2002 at 20:37)

I've kept it on default....Haven't failed an attack.

Could it perhaps be that ... "WoD is lame?" <TopwolfUtopia> ... sorry huh?
"WoD is lame?" <TopwolfUtopia>
one more time
"WoD is lame" <TopwolfUtopia>
Thaaaat's right...
View Public Profile Find more posts by NeoTaz Add NeoTaz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Jan-2002 at 21:07)
LOL - that's kind of the point. I kept it on default and didn't fail any, either. But that could mean the default is higher than the real random factor. If its lower, we can send less military; I want to know if anyone set it lower and kept track of results.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Thin White Duke Add Thin White Duke to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as RuNeFiRe)
(User is Banned)
Donated $2.77
(12-Jan-2002 at 02:54)

Just checking, the defaults 20% correct?

The Kittens of Playfulness
Fire and Ice
Tails Entwined in Fun and Love
SilvreWolf My love, I am yours
View Public Profile Visit DarkSkies X's homepage Find more posts by DarkSkies X Add DarkSkies X to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Jan-2002 at 03:57)

*checks angel* Yup, it's 20%

Well when I say I haven't failed an attack ...I usually try to send at least 10% more offence than they have modified....
I haven't failed an attack on +10% mod when the random factor has 100% success at +18%
So just keep it on 20 and use your own common sense as to what you are willing to send. You could take it down to 15% and if you only hit on what It said was 100% successful then you'd still not fail a great deal...maybe none.
But that's just the same as sending a tad less than +18% mod extra on the 20% setting isn't it

one more time
Thaaaat's right...
View Public Profile Find more posts by NeoTaz Add NeoTaz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-Jan-2002 at 05:27)
Yes, that's pretty much the same thing.

The +10% that you've been sending is what I'm trying to find out, though.

My cleverness factor was very low this age, and it didn't occur to me to experiment with how low I could get away with until too late in the age to experiment. So I'm hoping someone else did.
(14-Jan-2002 at 01:58)

Never failed with +10% but that might just be me being lucky or them not having MP up when I thought they did ^_^

one more time
Thaaaat's right...
(Posted as L S D)
(14-Jan-2002 at 18:02)

Well I failed last age with 10% last age.
Since then my setting is 30% "paranoid"-setting *thinks that fits *

It's alright to hate George W. Bush
SM-barkeep, Rest in Peace YYA - Alliance still ruin utopian fun, The god of typos, WARNING!!! Posting at UT makes addictive

View Public Profile Visit Russian Sputnik's homepage Find more posts by Russian Sputnik Add Russian Sputnik to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Jan-2002 at 21:31)

I knew you were paranoid

one more time
Thaaaat's right...
(Posted as L S D)
(15-Jan-2002 at 22:50)

Anyone doesn't?
*looks around very fast*
Hu?
*looks around even faster*

SM-barkeep, Rest in Peace YYA - Alliance still ruin utopian fun, The god of typos, WARNING!!! Posting at UT makes addictive

View Public Profile Visit Russian Sputnik's homepage Find more posts by Russian Sputnik Add Russian Sputnik to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Jan-2002 at 19:51)

*Throws a bit of paper at your head and hides behind a rock real quick*

one more time
Thaaaat's right...
(Posted as L S D)
(16-Jan-2002 at 21:04)

not the place to start a heavy spam-batlle. Try that at GD

(Posted as Dagnor)
(18-Jan-2002 at 03:44)

sad Confused!

Um, Can You Guys Explain What You Are Even Talking About?
View Public Profile Find more posts by DagnoR Add DagnoR to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as RuNeFiRe)
(User is Banned)
Donated $2.77
(18-Jan-2002 at 09:27)

There is a random factor involved in calculating attacks.. Believe this is how it works

Say an Attacker attacks with 100 Offense Points before random factor, hafter the random factor he could have between 80 and 120 Offense points (+/- 20%).

Same for a Defender, he could have between 80-120 Defense Points.

Fire and Ice
View Public Profile Visit DarkSkies X's homepage Find more posts by DarkSkies X Add DarkSkies X to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Dagnor)
(18-Jan-2002 at 12:47)

Why -/+ 20%?

What is it for?
View Public Profile Find more posts by DagnoR Add DagnoR to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as RuNeFiRe)
(User is Banned)
Donated $2.77
(18-Jan-2002 at 12:51)

Well, maybe to illustrate the uncertainty of battle..

But really, probably to make it a little bit harder for people to exactly calculate successful attacks..

Fire and Ice