Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Research Laboratory > Previous Rounds' Discussions > Round 22 Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(07-Sep-2003 at 16:17)
new banks vs old banks

i made some calculations (hope i'm not wrong).
the province size does not matter (i calculated for 500 acres, 1K acres, 2K acres and the results are the same). also... the banks % doesn't matter. it is important only for the ammount of gc. but to compare the old with the new it's the same reult no matter the percentage. so i use here 10% banks.
the variables are:
peasants/acre - p/a
raw income per peasant (affected by happiness) - i/p
total income (resulted only by these variables; so no sci, race bonus or other bonuses) - tinc

let's see:

p/a = 11 (that means a t/m as it means 36% peasant out of 30 PopulationPerAcre)
i/p = 3 gc (that is Happy)

TIncOldBanks = 26.4K
TIncNewBanks = 25.2K
difference = 1,200 gc

p/a = 11
i/p = 3.2 gc

TIncOldBanks = 28,160
TIncNewBanks = 26,080
difference = 2,080 gc

p/a = 11
i/p = 2.8 gc

TIncOldBanks = 24,640
TIncNewBanks = 24,320
difference = 320 gc

p/a = 9 (attacker)
i/p = 3.2 gc

TIncOldBanks = 23,040
TIncNewBanks = 23,520
difference = -480 gc

p/a = 9
i/p = 3 gc

TIncOldBanks = 21,600
TIncNewBanks = 22,800
difference = -1,200 gc

p/a = 9
i/p = 2.8 gc

TIncOldBanks = 20,160
TIncNewBanks = 22,080
difference = -1,920 gc

conclusion:
for attackers banks are better then last age. for t/ms are worse.
attackers will have a bit higher income while t/ms a bit smaller income.
the problem will be (much) higher expenses on maintenance.
View Public Profile Find more posts by ScoobyTheWise Add ScoobyTheWise to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Mister Dark)
Donated $0.56
(07-Sep-2003 at 16:36)

simple excel spreadsheet...

http://members.lycos.nl/wfsegers/uto...k%20income.xls

doesn't account for happiness though, just rework it if you want. I'm too lazy, just wanted a quick comparison :P
View Public Profile Find more posts by Avius Add Avius to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Sep-2003 at 16:40)
i used an excel spreadsheet myself
View Public Profile Find more posts by ScoobyTheWise Add ScoobyTheWise to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as ToChicken)
(09-Sep-2003 at 14:05)
you forget that science inreaces the income per pezzie as well. +40% income science is basicly making 3gc+40%=4.2 gc per pezzie. Same goes for all modifiers.

So total income divided by total pezzies= income per pezzie now you can calulate it.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Michelin Add Michelin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $12.00
(13-Sep-2003 at 08:02)

I'm not sure about that. I think alchemy works as a simple multiplier of total income; add all up all other sources first, then account for it [I suppose that this is almost the same as what you are saying; it's just a simpler way to express it]. That's the basis on which my spreadsheet works...

Computer idle all the time? Want to help with medical research?
Join the UT [email protected] team
(our stats) (text-only client)

View Public Profile Visit rexregum's homepage Find more posts by rexregum Add rexregum to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-Sep-2003 at 12:52)
yeah... science affects income but in the same way for both. that is u apply the same percent on both. that will increase only the difference between the two. that is: if u have A giving 100gc and B giving 110gc u apply 40% and A will give 140gc and B 154gc. the difference grew from 10 to 14 but B remains more efficient. i just wanted to see if the banks are better now or last age.
(17-Sep-2003 at 11:57)
new banks are better...
View Public Profile Find more posts by ohmygoshtim Add ohmygoshtim to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as bananasundae)
(17-Sep-2003 at 12:36)

new banks are superb..

-per hour gc
-added income
-protect gold

definitely!

~don't ever argue with an idiot, because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience~
View Public Profile Find more posts by unholy weirdo Add unholy weirdo to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Sep-2003 at 23:01)
What about pop bonus changing p/a?

As an Orc, I have a p/a of nearly 14 now. This puts me in your super TM class! Of course, my draft is still low and will increase as time goes on.
View Public Profile Find more posts by greatarn Add greatarn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Sep-2003 at 13:13)

New Banks give me more gcs.
I agree, protect most of mny money from robbers

ineser the Imperial
Cyber/Furious Angel[Part of Raging Angels IV-VII]
View Public Profile Find more posts by ineser Add ineser to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $12.00
(21-Sep-2003 at 08:01)

I think that banks now work on their own in the same way that banks worked with mines last age. The flat-rate gc produced is also affected by the banks's own income multiplier, so more banks will produce a disproportionate increase in income. It won't be that noticeable, though.

Computer idle all the time? Want to help with medical research?
Join the UT [email protected] team
(our stats) (text-only client)

View Public Profile Visit rexregum's homepage Find more posts by rexregum Add rexregum to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Post has been warned)
(13-Nov-2003 at 01:42)
i loved the old banks, new ones are a piece of crap and are good only for ppl with the lowest ppa and worst income.
bleah.
View Public Profile Find more posts by azazello Add azazello to your Buddy List Reply with Quote