Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Research Laboratory > Previous Rounds' Discussions > Round 22 Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(19-Oct-2003 at 01:33)
Thanks rexregum for the work you have put in to this

The speadsheet works like a dream, but anybody with any inputs such as Blood Raven, who can give the pezzie numbers before FB's and exact numbers will be a great asset,

I may even write it to a web based calc with people being able to enter this info and it storing it to database.
Doing this, people can post any results and just just let PHP create some nice and easy queries to sort out averages/percentages, this will work no matter however many inputs we get, 10 or 10'000
I'll give it some more thought.

Cheers Again guys, I'm jut going in to war so I'll probably be able to give some results (a 2.5k acre Orc always attracts a few FB's during hostile LOL)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ravens Keep Add Ravens Keep to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $12.00
(20-Oct-2003 at 06:40)

I expanded the spreadsheet once again; it now features a complete PK calc, based on Shanamaj's formulae. The spreadsheet can model the # of acres to be razed from an underpopulated prov to kill it.

Computer idle all the time? Want to help with medical research?
Join the UT [email protected] team
(our stats) (text-only client)

View Public Profile Visit rexregum's homepage Find more posts by rexregum Add rexregum to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $12.00
(22-Oct-2003 at 17:02)

v3.4 FB4 out!

I have upgraded the Pkill calc and neatened up various areas of the spreadsheet. The pkill calc. is now set as the default starting page, and has more manageable inputs; in particular, you can now enter a single value for the victim's total military including thives and wizzies.

Hello to Zonk and Loki if you're reading this...

I am still trying to find an HTML-compatible way of entering happiness level and other text-based data, so I can appease the likes of greatarn.

Nested IF commands might work, but Excel only supports 9 nested commands and there are 10 happiness levels. PM me if you have any suggestions, or if you could do the job yourself...
Attached Files
File Type: zip training grounds vs. banks v3.4fb4.zip (35.4 KB, 43 views)

View Public Profile Visit rexregum's homepage Find more posts by rexregum Add rexregum to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $2.64
(22-Oct-2003 at 22:49)

rexregum, have you already tried using external javascript files?

like i use at the DPA calculator at my site
http://www.mostworld.com/ttg/dpacalc.html

Blood Raven
Former Head investigator of the HappinessFormulaeandIndicators of age 17 through 25.
Creator of the (now outdated) TipsandTricksGuidetoUtopia!
Haven't played Utopia in several years now. But i have returned
View Public Profile Visit Blood Raven's homepage Find more posts by Blood Raven Add Blood Raven to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $12.00
(23-Oct-2003 at 06:57)

Yes, that method looks like it achieves the result I want, but I have no idea how to use external javascript files; I only have a faint idea of what they are...

Donated $2.64
(23-Oct-2003 at 07:08)

In the html file you assign names to each box at which you expect to get input (so checkboxes, fill in boxes and such)

these names you copy at the external javascript (you need to look in the cache, sorting it by locations, at my site to find the appropriate javascript file) and then you are going to give the calculations and specific numbers assigned to names.

In the end you are doing calculations (which you see at the bottom of that file)

It's fully documented file, and if you work yourself into the thingy, there is a great chance you will be able to use it yourself (provided you already know some of html)

I don't know however if javascript can cope with xls files. I don't think so.

Blood Raven
Former Head investigator of the HappinessFormulaeandIndicators of age 17 through 25.
Creator of the (now outdated) TipsandTricksGuidetoUtopia!
Haven't played Utopia in several years now. But i have returned
View Public Profile Visit Blood Raven's homepage Find more posts by Blood Raven Add Blood Raven to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $12.00
(23-Oct-2003 at 20:42)

Given that my HTML is practically non-existant, I don't think that this really bears consideration. I'm happy to know it can be done, but I'll be alright for now.

Research Group
Donated $12.00
(24-Oct-2003 at 22:24)

An apology...

I would like to make it clear that I did not devise the pkill raze formulae myself; I just adapted and expanded the concept that Shanamaj had researched.

I would like to publicly apologise to Shanamaj for not having asked his permission to use his ideas. My sig will be amended to reflect this.

Research Group
Donated $12.00
(28-Oct-2003 at 11:07)

v3.4 FB5 out! Now with pkill export lines!

It took some effort, but I have finally persuaded excel to compress all the data needed for a pkill into 13 characters of gibberish, and to extract the information again from said gibberish.

I have written a couple of macros to assist with the laborious copy-pasting that is required, which are signed under my own name. You can choose not to trust me, but it's your time, not mine. That damage has already been done...

This project might interest anyone who has ever wondered how Angel's export lines work; mine function on a similar principle, I believe.

Hello to Zonk & Loki if you're reading this.
Attached Files
File Type: zip release copy of training grounds vs. banks v3.4fb5.zip (52.8 KB, 194 views)

(11-Nov-2003 at 18:41)

I have checked out your FB calcu... it only works at 100% mana... You do not include mana in your formula making it useless!

Mana is crucial for the damage dealt...

If you're gonna be dumb then you better be tough
Pls don't wp me - I'm dumb I cant help it
View Public Profile Visit TempleOfTheDog's homepage Find more posts by TempleOfTheDog Add TempleOfTheDog to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $12.00
(12-Nov-2003 at 07:52)

I've made a revised version which takes into account any trends in FB damage. If it sees that a string of FBs has been diminishing in strength, it will compensate for further reduced damage later on. It isn't final yet, but I'll release it when I have time.