Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Research Laboratory > Previous Rounds' Discussions > Prior Round 15 Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Old The Emperors Chimp
Imported Post
(19-Sep-2001 at 12:38)
Meteor Shower

Ok...me and my friends have had a few debates on exactly /how/ meteor shower works.

The general result is "It Sucks" =P

But I'm curious if there is a formula to determine how much land you destroy per casting. The way I figure it now is that you destroy an additional 5 acres for every 50 acres bigger then you the target is. Thats a REAL crappy estimate but it's the best I can come up with.

Any feedback or experience? o.0

~Thanks in Advance
(19-Sep-2001 at 19:02)
Re: Meteor Shower

The problem is it will be very random like paradise is.

It will destroy a certain % of your opponents buildings (which creates another problem, how much barren land do they have?) depending on what factors are taken into account. I imagine these would be wpa (mod'd) vs opponents wpa (mod'd) and taking into account the difficulty of the spell too.

But magic is a very hard thing to do because there are so many unknowns...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mookie Add Mookie to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old The Emperors Chimp
Imported Post
(20-Sep-2001 at 03:14)

I suppose I'm better off fireballing through the ground.
Old fjiwa
Imported Post
(29-Sep-2001 at 14:09)

I don't recall anything severe, usually in the teens, I think it's like Paradise, more wizards, the more buildings.
(03-Oct-2001 at 21:29)

Uhh... excuse me... but I do meteors and it's most certainly not crap. Firstly the honor gain is good... heh... and secondly 17 buildings a pop isn't too bad. So like... since you can do 2-3 fireballs to take out a nice % of their peasants. Then you do 2-3 meteors and that's at LEAST 35 acres.

Now of course it depends on the guy's size... if he's 2000 acres + , then 30 acres don't mean much to him. But like you said it's a percentage.

=FireSt0rM=
Resident Battlefield Halfling
View Public Profile Find more posts by FireSt0rM Add FireSt0rM to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Gwydion Son of Don)
(10-Oct-2001 at 19:14)

I agree with firestorm...metoer shower is the sweetest spell..but i really love using it in combo with fireball...i guess it would prolly work better if i used one or the other considering what the effect is but its just fun casting them...Also im a 230k Elf....my wpa is less than 1 and i have no problem casting this spell and the last time i did it was on a prov with 1500acres just a little bigger than me...it wiped out 24 acres...i will never complain about this spell i just wish i could use it out of war:P

Lord Gwydion
Founder of LLA
Member of YYA
View Public Profile Find more posts by Gwydion Add Gwydion to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Oct-2001 at 11:38)

If I'm going for a Util attack, I always use Fireballs, but if you're going for starvation, Meteor Shower is the way to go (except Drought and Vermin naturally), as fireballs just make less people that eat, therefore not aiding in your quest to turn Elites into Soldiers

Sygnalor the Accountinator
Able to file 1040's faster than a speeding bullet
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sygnal Add Sygnal to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Oct-2001 at 01:14)

I've been using Meteor Shower thus far in my latest war just for fun. I'm getting about 5 honor and razing 40 acres of buildings a shot...not too bad IMO.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Rizzo111111 Add Rizzo111111 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Oct-2001 at 10:12)

I've used meteor shower a lot during hard wars. It works especially well against huge provinces with little wizard power.
I've destroyed over 50 buildings in one blow, and on different target, a lord, gained 15 honor in one blow.

Never mind the expensive cost, I think this is a very nice addtion to the arsenal of spells availible

But, it does seem to have a huge random factor

Lord Polarris Delsán
View Public Profile Visit Polarris Delsan's homepage Find more posts by Polarris Delsan Add Polarris Delsan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Oct-2001 at 01:32)

It's really not that random. It depends on your size relative to your opponent. Spells are more effective on people your size, remember. While a 1k acre mage may only hit ~20 acres on a 2k acre province, another 2k acre mage can get around 40-50 acres (don't remember exactly how much). That's why our kingdom, going T/M this age, is getting T/Ms of all sorts of sizes. It works on a percentage base, and I wish I has a formula for you.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Thesp Add Thesp to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(26-Nov-2001 at 10:03)

do you guys mean metor showers or tornados? cuse in the guide it say metor showers will kill troops and pesants and tornados are the ones that reck bildings witch seems to be what you are talking about.
View Public Profile Find more posts by myname01 Add myname01 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.76
(29-Nov-2001 at 01:25)

These were imported posts from last round.

MS was changed and Tornadoes how has the effect it used to.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Slow Smurf Add Slow Smurf to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Nov-2001 at 08:17)

ah, thanks
View Public Profile Find more posts by myname01 Add myname01 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Nov-2001 at 02:00)
errr... you guys may take this as stupid reply, but what is meteor shower spell? i play halfling, and I don't have that spell. I think I got one with 'Meteor' but not 'Meteor Showe'...
View Public Profile Find more posts by xdude Add xdude to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.76
(30-Nov-2001 at 04:03)

Only elves have it(and faeries of course)

It lasts about 6-12 days and destroys peasants/troops each hour its on.

There is no meteor spell, you might be thinking of fireball...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Slow Smurf Add Slow Smurf to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Dec-2001 at 09:44)
xdude...i think in the guide it says that meteor shower is special to elves and faeries only
View Public Profile Find more posts by Adrian Ee Add Adrian Ee to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Dec-2001 at 08:42)
I'm curiouse, DON't YOU PEOPLE READ THE GUIDE? Meteor shower destroys 0 acres, but it kills off "few" people for "few" days! It's like a fireball, but BETTER What you talked about is called TORNADOS, the last spell on the list, everyone has it. MS is elves ONLY
View Public Profile Visit jila's homepage Find more posts by jila Add jila to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as The Terrorist)
(19-Dec-2001 at 16:31)

Quote:
(Originally posted by jila)

I'm curiouse, DON't YOU PEOPLE READ THE GUIDE? Meteor shower destroys 0 acres, but it kills off "few" people for "few" days! It's like a fireball, but BETTER What you talked about is called TORNADOS, the last spell on the list, everyone has it. MS is elves ONLY
Look at the date of this posts!
Was back in the 13th age, not 14th we are playing now. Learn about the past before you start to shout at other ppl how dumb they are

It's alright to hate George W. Bush
SM-barkeep, Rest in Peace YYA - Alliance still ruin utopian fun, The god of typos, WARNING!!! Posting at UT makes addictive

View Public Profile Visit Russian Sputnik's homepage Find more posts by Russian Sputnik Add Russian Sputnik to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Dec-2001 at 21:18)
sad

oops... my bad. I know it was that way in the past
View Public Profile Visit jila's homepage Find more posts by jila Add jila to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Dec-2001 at 02:22)

lol...I must admit reading the posts did seem odd until I cam across the post that said they were from the past (which I figured anyway)
This age MS is VERY strong and overpowered in my opinion....I'm an attacker so it's not a suprising view lol. Luckily my kd is very good for t/m ops and we have been able to take advantage of this grossly overpowered spell....the deadliest tool this age if sustain throughout a war!!!
I'd cast it over Tornadoes any day!!!

Could it perhaps be that ... "WoD is lame?" <TopwolfUtopia> ... sorry huh?
"WoD is lame?" <TopwolfUtopia>
one more time
"WoD is lame" <TopwolfUtopia>
Thaaaat's right...
View Public Profile Find more posts by NeoTaz Add NeoTaz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote