Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Research Laboratory > Previous Rounds' Discussions > Round 22 Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Donated $1.00
(29-Nov-2003 at 22:15)

question Peasant Losses due to overpopulation

Looking around the formula sites it's relatively easy to find sites that cover birthrate forumulae, but what about when you're LOSING peasants?

The reason I ask is because when we're in wars and we run into those annoying suiciders ( ), it takes a whole lot of razing to bring them down. I've developed a t/m plan to kill them off instead, but I'm curious as to just how effective it would actually be.

Figure you fireball an attacker province with 60% draft and 29 PPA to 0.5 peasants per acre, then tornado it to about 70-80% unbuilt land, and then hit it with an amnesia run to temporarily shaft it in the pop/war sci department as well. Finally, you grab/raze them once or twice to bring down their available population space to the point that they literally don't have any space for their peasants any more. How long would they have to log on and release troops before they died from lack of peasants?

I guess what I'm asking is, is peasant loss due to overpopulation based on how many peasants you have, your total population, or how severely overpopulated you are?

Thanks =)

-Da Sober Elf
View Public Profile Find more posts by Drakeo Add Drakeo to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $2.64
(30-Nov-2003 at 00:00)

Re: Peasant Losses due to overpopulation

Wow, those are quite some questions combined in one post...

Quote:
(Originally posted by Drakeo)

Looking around the formula sites it's relatively easy to find sites that cover birthrate forumulae, but what about when you're LOSING peasants?
It's less easy to cater for proven and accurate formulae since they most of the time are not fully researched/ completely not researched.

Quote:

The reason I ask is because when we're in wars and we run into those annoying suiciders ( ), it takes a whole lot of razing to bring them down. I've developed a t/m plan to kill them off instead, but I'm curious as to just how effective it would actually be.

Figure you fireball an attacker province with 60% draft and 29 PPA to 0.5 peasants per acre, then tornado it to about 70-80% unbuilt land, and then hit it with an amnesia run to temporarily shaft it in the pop/war sci department as well. Finally, you grab/raze them once or twice to bring down their available population space to the point that they literally don't have any space for their peasants any more. How long would they have to log on and release troops before they died from lack of peasants?
With the decrease of peasants, he also loses military (FAST when being highly overpopulated!) so he won't be killable that easy (he can lose around 2.5 - 4% of his military per hour!)

Also: with raze attacks you will destroy unbuild acres, so he won't lose that much again...but it may be worth it.

Quote:

I guess what I'm asking is, is peasant loss due to overpopulation based on how many peasants you have, your total population, or how severely overpopulated you are?
peasants loss is based on amount of available peasants. exact numbers not known to me.

Quote:

Thanks =)

-Da Sober Elf
You're welcome.

Blood Raven
Former Head investigator of the HappinessFormulaeandIndicators of age 17 through 25.
Creator of the (now outdated) TipsandTricksGuidetoUtopia!
Haven't played Utopia in several years now. But i have returned
View Public Profile Visit Blood Raven's homepage Find more posts by Blood Raven Add Blood Raven to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $1.00
(30-Nov-2003 at 14:17)

smile

So it's still viable and crippling, but since it's based on available peasants, it's unlikely to cause pezzie death unless we really fried him down to to having almost no peasants beforehand anyways. O well, guess we'll just have to settle for their military telling 'em to go fly a kite

Aight, thanks much =)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Drakeo Add Drakeo to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Blader8C)
(09-Dec-2003 at 21:45)

Okay, I'm not gonna go into quoting... Peasants' death cannot kill a province (and you lose ALL peasantry before Military goes down, according to experience in seeing someone slaughtered, and it only goes down if you have 100% military and still overpopulated), and that strategy is pretty good for bringing population down... But what if they just build back buildings afterward?

I came up with a double-strategy that requires two people (it's really just two strats combined), and it effectively takes down population, keeps it there, lowers happiness, AND kills gold storages so they don't stand much of a chance!

First wave-kill peasants

Start with an Mystic Vortex to get rid of Nature's Blessing, Love and Peace, or any other annoying spells like Magic Shield; Meteor Showers acts as free fireballs to ruin population a little each day; Storms... Actually, I never figured out Storms' true effect, but it helps; Fireballs effectively kills thousands of peasants.

Then...

Second wave-keep peasants dead

Tornadoes is a good startup because each non-Homes is 10 more people (without bonuses), 15 difference in Homes, 20 in Undeads' Homes... Go for 200 buildings, that's always a good start; Explosions blocks aid; Rioting blocks income; Fool's Gold and Rob the Vaults takes what they already have; Greed raises income.

This will kill thousands off population, keep (most of it) gone for Razing, destroy their income so they can't recover, and if shipments explode, well, it'll take even longer, right? Plus, more aid required means mood-killer.

I'm chock-full of combos, so if you need any, please ask... Maybe I can make UT news with my combos! I even concocted one that eliminates T/M threats! Now THERE'S an idea!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lonely Tylenol Add Lonely Tylenol to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as karmbr00)
(10-Dec-2003 at 17:51)
Yes you can kill a province from peasant death. Believe me, my kingdom has done it plenty of times. It's not easy, but it's doable.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Half a Link Add Half a Link to your Buddy List Reply with Quote