Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(02-Oct-2004 at 11:55)
freak New Nightmares for Evryone after Happiness = Building Efficiency

"Building Effectiveness - The structures we construct throughout our lands may or may not function at full capacity, depending on two major factors. First, people must work in the buildings to realize their full utility. Second, the money you put into building investment can raise our overall productivity to overcome a lack of workers or to expand productivity beyond their normal limits. " - Quoted from Civilian Advisor

In Genesis,

My Unfilled Jobs/Total Jobs x 100% = 40%

If I apply that in this new age..

i get -40% building efficiency...

THIS NEW THING IS WORST THAN HAVING "RIOTING" HAPPINESS LEVEL..

nightmares...

i cannot draft higher than 70% now..

Homes is important now..

*i didnt raze them*

Homes provide extra peasants and they dun create new jobs which lead to inefficiency...

man.. i prefer having back the Happiness thingy than this Building Efficiency..

need advise..
correct me if im wrong..

if im not mistaken..
so far no one suggested keeping any homes in the Strategy Forum..
i wonder have they ever think about this problem..

mehul is so mean...
make our utopian life even worst..
View Public Profile Find more posts by puppy128 Add puppy128 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Oct-2004 at 12:01)
1) The formula isnt out yet so 40% unfilled does not necessarily translate to -40% BE

2) Its a way of making the economy more important than just running max draft (all to the good, since i'm playing merchant)

3) One of the avian strat does mention homes, cant remember which

and 4) if your are really worried just go dwarf
View Public Profile Find more posts by avithra Add avithra to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Oct-2004 at 12:06)
Quote:
(Originally posted by avithra)

1) The formula isnt out yet so 40% unfilled does not necessarily translate to -40% BE

2) Its a way of making the economy more important than just running max draft (all to the good, since i'm playing merchant)

3) One of the avian strat does mention homes, cant remember which

and 4) if your are really worried just go dwarf
bluek
im playing Avians Warrior..
merchant is quite popular this age..

there's a kd go all avian merchant..
View Public Profile Find more posts by puppy128 Add puppy128 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Oct-2004 at 14:00)
Just dont read the strategy forums. 90% of the stuff posted there is BS anyway. You dont know the formula yet so dont worry either. Everybody will have the same problem so it doesnt really make things worse in any way. Also if you are really worried go dwarf as suggested before.

And if you can put em in, some homes might be nice this age indeed.
View Public Profile Find more posts by maximouse Add maximouse to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Oct-2004 at 14:50)
I wasnt around in the early ages but I heard about utilization, and this building efficiency thing sounds like the old utilization to me(although I dont know what it was exactly so I cant know for sure)
also I know that many people here on UT wanted to bring back utilization instead of happiness, seems like they have what they wanted...
so instead of crying about it, adjust yourself to the new system...

Warning:
N00B ALERT
View Public Profile Find more posts by zling Add zling to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Oct-2004 at 14:58)
Quote:
(Originally posted by zling)

I wasnt around in the early ages but I heard about utilization, and this building efficiency thing sounds like the old utilization to me(although I dont know what it was exactly so I cant know for sure)
also I know that many people here on UT wanted to bring back utilization instead of happiness, seems like they have what they wanted...
so instead of crying about it, adjust yourself to the new system...
I played in those ages with Utilization, and too me, it was much better than having Happiness.
Really have to see how BE will turn out..
View Public Profile Find more posts by yilin87 Add yilin87 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Oct-2004 at 18:37)

Just got my first unfilled jobs at BF and my BE started dropping

Godspill
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lady Lurking Add Lady Lurking to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Oct-2004 at 21:28)
I've had 125% building efficiency for the whole age so far, even during the time I had 1000 unfilled jobs. I think people underestimate how good dwarves are...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Zebulahn Add Zebulahn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as FoxtrotX)
(02-Oct-2004 at 23:13)
Quote:
(Originally posted by Zebulahn)

I've had 125% building efficiency for the whole age so far, even during the time I had 1000 unfilled jobs. I think people underestimate how good dwarves are...
hahaha, I think you're right! 20% extra building efficiency is quite the bonus, in rough terms it gives you 20% more land to play with. That's a lot of extra land at larger acreages! And more income too, Dwarfs are really good except that their elite isn't really the best attacker.

With 4k unfilled jobs I'm running at 102% efficiency, so I'm not too worried just yet. Maybe it'd start really hurting once the numbers get upto 15k and 20k, but I guess we'll have to see when it reaches that point.
View Public Profile Find more posts by brentski Add brentski to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Oct-2004 at 23:16)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Zebulahn)

Nah, you're simply over-estimating them. I think everyone's on a big hype over Avians, Undeads will make the best attackers with the new science formulae this age

I have 9000 jobs and 3000 of them are unfilled and my BE is at 103% right now..... true running a draft of 60%+ is probably going to hurt BE, but I'm going to incorporate homes into my strat to keep it up. It's times like these that show the good Utopian Players. Those that can see the changes and come up with strategies to get ahead of everyone else

How long do you have to be a regular here to have your siggy touched? Apparently, about 3 months
*touch* [-V-]
*rubs the sig's nipples* >|) -Giggles- That Tickles
View Public Profile Find more posts by Deity Add Deity to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Oct-2004 at 03:08)

lol,im a bit worried about the building/military effectiveness,it could unbalance my military,which means i may need 2 lower my draft,which would lower my offence,which due 2 elites would lower my deff.
man,it better not b 2 hard 2 control like happiness.

~Ignorance is bliss,arrogance is stupid!
You have a weakness!
It's just a matter of exploiting it!~
View Public Profile Find more posts by howzy22 Add howzy22 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Oct-2004 at 03:16)

lol,my avatar didnt upload on my last post,how about now?
should be
btw it is from the game tales of symphonia

~Ignorance is bliss,arrogance is stupid!
You have a weakness!
It's just a matter of exploiting it!~
View Public Profile Find more posts by howzy22 Add howzy22 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Jarlaxle Baenre)
(03-Oct-2004 at 03:20)

Hehe, I love that game!

Btw, can anyone compare Utilization (Or at least explain it) to what we have now?

Rumours of my demise are greatly exaggerated
Do the impossible
See the invisible
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER
View Public Profile Visit Eltargrim's homepage Find more posts by Eltargrim Add Eltargrim to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Oct-2004 at 04:03)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Jarlaxle Baenre)

Hehe, I love that game!

Btw, can anyone compare Utilization (Or at least explain it) to what we have now?
I think they're one and the same so far, but it's been only 4 days...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sir Agaratar Add Sir Agaratar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $2.44
(03-Oct-2004 at 04:57)

so it was, Utilz, Happiness and now BE..

grrr!

still thin Utilz's better...
View Public Profile Find more posts by NeoDeGenero Add NeoDeGenero to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Oct-2004 at 05:52)
Utilization was basically just number of filled jobs/total jobs. Of course mills raised util back then so everyone ran mills (lower build costs + util), so it really wasnt that much of a problem. I think halfers had +10 util and that didnt really help them that much. It was much MUCH better than happiness ever was.

Also, Dwarves get 20% more BE but I think u guys are underestimating 15% more pop and NM
View Public Profile Find more posts by ChunkyMonkeyTDC Add ChunkyMonkeyTDC to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Oct-2004 at 05:56)
Utilization was a pretty simple formula based on jobs filled:

Util = 30% + 70%*(%Jobs Filled)

So if you had 50% unfilled jobs, your Util was 30% + 35% = 65%. Which sucked, so you built more Homes to fill more jobs.

Back in old Util days, each acre of buildings provided 15 Jobs. So with 0% homes, you had to run 15 PPA (which is silly) to maintain 100% util. Naturally, everyone ran way less than 15 PPA and either built Homes or overbuilt other buildings to compensate.

Shortly after Mehul got rid of Util, he upped the number of jobs to 20 per acre of non-Home buildings. However, Mehul already posted on the B&S forums that not all jobs need to be filled to maintain 100% BE. For this reason, I believe Util this age will be based on 15 jobs per acre.
View Public Profile Find more posts by BoddoZerg Add BoddoZerg to your Buddy List Reply with Quote