Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(23-Mar-2005 at 00:28)
Resurrection Of Province!

At the moment my KD is involved in a hostile. They had a very small mage (their only mage) who was very hostile with his spells. To remove this threat he was razed a few times. however, he contnued so he was razed some more until he showed up as dead.

Great we thought. No more meteors etc. Then suddenly hes back alive and inprotection with a lot more acres!! How can this be??

No reply from the powers that be to this matter yet. I know easter is the time of miracles but this seems a bit wrong.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Herb Add Herb to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Mar-2005 at 00:32)

LOL...Its always been that way...If he was IN your KD he wouldnt be able to come back...

You can "kill off" anybody in an enemy kd but they will just come back as though they just started.

"Call it a cost of doing business. The best way to protect against thieves is to hire better thieves." -Ambush Party(A)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ta Akar Add Ta Akar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Mar-2005 at 00:51)
yup yup, it's to prevent people (namely alliances) from eliminating provinces. Only way to kill off a province is to have it done by the KD internally.
View Public Profile Find more posts by GEWbert Add GEWbert to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Mar-2005 at 01:20)
next time just leave him below 500 acres.

that way his exploration cost will be huge! he losses the mods in tpa etc. Much harder to recover than being killed off.

you gave him fresh start.

but he won't be able to do a single thing for 3 days.
View Public Profile Find more posts by brhend Add brhend to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Mar-2005 at 01:34)
Wow, this is interesting, and I never knew about this. I like it though - its terrible when Alliances completely kill off Provinces.
View Public Profile Find more posts by rotorite Add rotorite to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Mar-2005 at 01:42)
come on people, you gotta be kidding...
the resurrection thingy isnt because the "or else alliances would kill off provs" infact alliances have nothing to do with it...
it's because mehul doesnt want people to force others to leave their own kds unwillingly...
if you want to stay in your kd than you have the right to do so, if someone is mean enough to PK you than you come back into the same kd, plain and simple...

Warning:
N00B ALERT
View Public Profile Find more posts by zling Add zling to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Mar-2005 at 09:18)

Quote:
(Originally posted by brhend)

next time just leave him below 500 acres.

that way his exploration cost will be huge! he losses the mods in tpa etc. Much harder to recover than being killed off.

you gave him fresh start.

but he won't be able to do a single thing for 3 days.
Leave him on exactly 81 acres. That's the smallest you can leave him without him being able to have his KD kill him off and still have him around.

5 intra KD hits for a perma kill + 20 acres per intra hit = atleast 81 acres so they need 5 hits to kill him and then he'd be dead permanently, so they have to leave him to recover from 81 acres. Now that would be shitty

How long do you have to be a regular here to have your siggy touched? Apparently, about 3 months
*touch* [-V-]
*rubs the sig's nipples* >|) -Giggles- That Tickles
View Public Profile Find more posts by Deity Add Deity to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Firnantoonion)
Donated $0.44
(23-Mar-2005 at 13:43)

nah, that way, they can landlust him to death...:P

look! Butterflies! *chases*
gnar!
View Public Profile Visit Firn's homepage Find more posts by Firn Add Firn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Mar-2005 at 15:55)
Quote:
nah, that way, they can landlust him to death...:P
goodluck landlusting someone with like 30 wpa

And if you have ANY friends in the world just ask them to raze your friend down so he can have a new start.

~Question those who seek the truth, Doubt those who find it~
View Public Profile Find more posts by GerryX Add GerryX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.44
(23-Mar-2005 at 16:08)

there is his nice little option to release wizards you know..

Deity was talking about preventing a prov being razed down by friends. that means the prov is not inactive, and thus can release wizzies..

if it's an inactive, well..then you're still better off razing yourself so he can't respawn..

gnar!
View Public Profile Visit Firn's homepage Find more posts by Firn Add Firn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Post has been warned)
(23-Mar-2005 at 16:59)
wow, this thread wins an internet
View Public Profile Find more posts by rhiesa Add rhiesa to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Mar-2005 at 19:51)

well

if you razed him down to say, 500 acres, and his kd members fed him runes, wouldnt he have an astronomical wpa and be deadly?

Have a HooT
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lucan Add Lucan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Mar-2005 at 20:25)

Theoretically yes but then again he would be too small to do much damage to provs over 3x his new size (500 acres). All of this assuming he/she or whoever the prov owner is was/is in a kd of an avg acre size of 1500 or greater.

"Call it a cost of doing business. The best way to protect against thieves is to hire better thieves." -Ambush Party(A)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ta Akar Add Ta Akar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Mar-2005 at 22:31)

good god, not knowing about this? are you newb or something?

and alliances rarely kill from the outside, they kill peeps from the inside in, usually getting the monarch or some huge province to join their alliance, then he takes over the kd!

~-~Enter - 60 Gnome Mage - Retired {Smolderthorn}~-~
Welcome, Cait Sith
You last visited:
30-Sep-2005 00:41
I'm going to hell.. I'm going to hell ..I'm going to hell..
View Public Profile Find more posts by Cait Sith Add Cait Sith to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Starfriend)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(25-Mar-2005 at 12:24)

Quote:
(Originally posted by zling)

come on people, you gotta be kidding...
the resurrection thingy isnt because the "or else alliances would kill off provs" infact alliances have nothing to do with it...
it's because mehul doesnt want people to force others to leave their own kds unwillingly...
By that logic, people wouldn't be able to get killed by their own kingdom mates either, huh?

Quote:
(Originally posted by zling)

if you want to stay in your kd than you have the right to do so, if someone is mean enough to PK you than you come back into the same kd, plain and simple...
Right, and if the "someone" happens to be a member of your own kingdom?
Then there'd be no "resurrection".

Last edited by Starfriend, 25-Mar-2005 at 12:25.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as not nerb)
Research Group
(25-Mar-2005 at 12:59)
don't complain

He came back with no wizzies. Therefore, useless as a t/m.
View Public Profile Find more posts by brenton Add brenton to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Mar-2005 at 14:07)
Quote:
(Originally posted by Starfriend)

By that logic, people wouldn't be able to get killed by their own kingdom mates either, huh?

Right, and if the "someone" happens to be a member of your own kingdom?
Then there'd be no "resurrection".
well... you found the only exception to my arguement, good job
well... Utopia is a TEAM game after all, if your TEAM isnt satisfied with your performance they have the right to kick you out of the TEAM... and that's why PERMA KILL can be done by INTRA KD hits only...

Warning:
N00B ALERT
View Public Profile Find more posts by zling Add zling to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Mar-2005 at 14:36)
well he obviously is new seeing as he thinks a 275 acre, 11k nw green prov is a threat.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Shank U GooD Add Shank U GooD to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
(27-Mar-2005 at 13:23)
i want proof that this resurrection is possible

i've played since Age 2 (since the beta boat days) and seriously there is no such thing as "RESSURECTION OF PROVINCE"

if your province is DEAD, it's DEAD.
View Public Profile Find more posts by wongsy Add wongsy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.44
(27-Mar-2005 at 13:47)

it was indeed not in age 2.. but later (I believe in age 10), resurrection was implemented in this game..

I died this age allready, so i am living proof it's still here..:P

gnar!