Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(08-Sep-2007 at 11:07)
Is 5% guilds enough?

PLaying DE/Sage/AM I run 20% guilds. But during war, I would like to find some space to build some barracks. If I only run 5% guilds, will that be sufficient? I'm not worried about wizard training because I'm not a full T/M so thieves in opponent KD hardly ever AW me. But with the bonus "no rune needed" I cast a lot of self-spells, especially tree of gold. Will 5% guilds be enough?

"Sometimes, something got to happen before something else can happen."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Kawee Add Kawee to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Sep-2007 at 11:43)

Re: Is 5% guilds enough?

Originally Posted by Kawee: View Post
PLaying DE/Sage/AM I run 20% guilds. But during war, I would like to find some space to build some barracks. If I only run 5% guilds, will that be sufficient? I'm not worried about wizard training because I'm not a full T/M so thieves in opponent KD hardly ever AW me. But with the bonus "no rune needed" I cast a lot of self-spells, especially tree of gold. Will 5% guilds be enough?
Nope, and your guild percentage also determines the duration of offensive spells, so i'd keep at least 10%.

Your brain is unique in the history of the universe. Use it wisely.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Dusk Illz Add Dusk Illz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Sep-2007 at 14:23)
I see. Then I'll need advice on how to run 15% barracks because that's teh minimum i want.
My strat is:

20% home
20% banks
20% guilds
15 TG (Armories if not at war)
5% stables
10% WT (schools OOW)
10% farms

What can i take out during war to build some barracks? If I take out 10% guilds, would it be best to take out 5% banks? or 5% farms?

"Sometimes, something got to happen before something else can happen."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Kawee Add Kawee to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Sep-2007 at 15:04)

Re: Is 5% guilds enough?

Originally Posted by Kawee: View Post
I see. Then I'll need advice on how to run 15% barracks because that's teh minimum i want.
My strat is:

20% home
20% banks
20% guilds
15 TG (Armories if not at war)
5% stables
10% WT (schools OOW)
10% farms

What can i take out during war to build some barracks? If I take out 10% guilds, would it be best to take out 5% banks? or 5% farms?

It's pretty simple, you need enough farms to feed your people which is usually around 8% assuming you have a bit of science. 20% homes is excessive, go with 10 max. 20% banks is silly in war, i don't have any myself as a dark elf. Assuming you keep 10% that's already 20% land you can put in barracks. I'd suggest adding some hospitals as well myself, to save a lot on draft and retraining costs.

Your brain is unique in the history of the universe. Use it wisely.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Dusk Illz Add Dusk Illz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Sep-2007 at 00:22)

no homes, banks, wts, less guilds etc shit. ofc this stuff is good but not always important. build according to your current needs in particular situasion
View Public Profile Find more posts by nargothrond Add nargothrond to your Buddy List Reply with Quote