Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Research Laboratory > Previous Rounds' Discussions > Round 36-38 Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(14-Jan-2008 at 23:04)
The Conflict Meter

Does anybody know how the The Conflict Meter works.
Does other stances than Aggressive affect it?
How does the different attacks affect it?
What are the steps to unfriendly, hostile and war button?
Does ops affect it? (landlust?)
Who gets the button?
Can the button switch and how?
How much does it decay and does it do it even after attacks?
When is it maxed?

I would prefer answers with math rather than 'I thinks'.
View Public Profile Find more posts by SirBilboB Add SirBilboB to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Jan-2008 at 17:35)
Was hoping to see someone posted some answers.....guess know one knows
View Public Profile Find more posts by NJDevil Add NJDevil to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(26-Jan-2008 at 02:17)
Re: The Conflict Meter

This is based on discussions I have had in Utopia and the Guide. I do not necessarily know how accurate the former is, and the latter is my interpretation, so in no way am I saying these are at all accurate

Originally Posted by SirBilboB: View Post
Does other stances than Aggressive affect it?
No (from the Guide).

How does the different attacks affect it?
What are the steps to unfriendly, hostile and war button?
7 traditional march hits make you hostile
4 traditional march hits in aggressive make you hostile
14 non-land grabs make you hostile
8 non-land grabs in aggressive make you hostile

Does ops affect it? (landlust?)
I do not believe so.

Who gets the button?
The Kingdom who is less hostile.

Can the button switch and how?
This would be an 'I think answer' so I will not answer

How much does it decay and does it do it even after attacks?
I do not know.

When is it maxed?
Don't understand the question
View Public Profile Find more posts by notanoob Add notanoob to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Jan-2008 at 17:43)
If they are hostile with you, then you have the button. It does not matter if you gave them the button first.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sahid Add Sahid to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Feb-2008 at 00:11)
When does the button switch?

- Stoffi -
View Public Profile Find more posts by stoffi Add stoffi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Feb-2008 at 12:07)

Originally Posted by Sahid: View Post
If they are hostile with you, then you have the button. It does not matter if you gave them the button first.
I know from experience that it is not so.

I experimented last age with a KD who did not want to war but did retal a lot. We where both hostile. They had the button and I could not get it. Unfortunately I did not keep stats on total attacks. I started with agressive, changed to normal later. In an other discussion it was said that non-landgrab attacks count as half attacks. All this makes it impossible to read any rules from my history.

What I did was try a theory: 'When both are hostile the button moves to the one who had more attacks last month and then attacks first'. I could prove it wrong.

Either the button cant switch at all or it depends on the total amount of attacks.
View Public Profile Find more posts by SirBilboB Add SirBilboB to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Feb-2008 at 12:17)

Originally Posted by notanoob: View Post
Don't understand the question
In an other discussion it was said that the monthly attacks count when both have maxed their war meter. It suggests that there is a maximum amount of attacks taken into consideration. I just have no idea what the amount could be.
(17-Mar-2008 at 05:20)
Hostility is a hidden value which tracks all attacks between the kingdoms. Non-March hits are worth half as much as March hits. If both kingdoms are hostile, whoever has the lower hostility rating has the war button.

Hostility decays by about 15% per 24h, effective on the 1st each month. Max hostility is somewhere between 60 and 75 hits now I think, I don't remember the new value after it was changed a few rounds ago.

At max hostility, neither side has the button. So if you lose the button, it doesn't necessarily mean the other side got it. After both sides reach max hostility, the kingdom who hits first after month change loses the button.

Join #strategy, the most active public channel on UtoNet
View Public Profile Find more posts by Catwalk Add Catwalk to your Buddy List Reply with Quote