Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Other Games' Forums > Mafia Forum Games

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(19-Oct-2011 at 22:59)
Signups closed (unless someone apologises humbly and offers me a suitable bribe), rolls will be coming out tomorrow night.

1) Omega2395
2) Roxtin
3) Felix
4) Greeney
5) Swifty
6) Skraz
7) Dhoffryn
8) BrandonC
9) Invictus
10) RoWizzies
11) Faraway14
View Public Profile Find more posts by The Killer Add The Killer to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Oct-2011 at 22:04)
Apologies for the delay in getting the roles out, but due to a really, REALLY bad day at work, my intentions of getting these out after work got held back by going out with 2 friends to the pub to get over a bad day. Tomorrow is busy and Saturday morning is busy, but I will get these roles out as soon as I can (the current aim now is by Sunday).
View Public Profile Find more posts by The Killer Add The Killer to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Oct-2011 at 12:22)
Roles should now have all been sent, please reply to my message to confirm your roles.
(22-Oct-2011 at 12:32)
Night 0

The Return of the Time Lords

The date is April 23rd 2011, and River Song has just murdered The Doctor.

Watching on upon this, unknown to anyone, were The Time Lords. Long since believed to be dead, The Time Lords have been in hiding all this time, recouping after the time wars with the Daleks. With the death of The Doctor, the Time Lords have decided to make their return to the universe, and to take over everything.

The first target was the Doctor's beloved Earth. In the early days of the return, millions of humans were killed. However, the invasion was then delayed as beings from all across the universe banded together against the Time Lords. With the direct approach falling apart, the time for subtlety came instead.

It is now Night, you have about 54 Hours (until approximately 6:30pm on Monday 24th October) to confirm your roles and send in your Actions.
(24-Oct-2011 at 19:17)
Day 1 Starts

As the first night of the invasion drew to a close, a stark realisation came to everyone. The Doctor had not died previously! This time though, people were a lot more certain as the corpse of The Doctor (Skraz) was found and thoroughly checked by everyone. The cause of death is not known, however it has been noted that his famed sonic screwdriver had been taken.

Meanwhile, nearby on the same planet another corpse was found. This one though was that of The Other (Swifty), who was found dead nearby a blue phone box.

1) Omega2395
2) Roxtin
3) Felix
4) Greeney
5) Swifty - Dead - The Other (Mafia)
6) Skraz - Dead - The Doctor (Serial Killer)
7) Dhoffryn
8) BrandonC
9) Invictus
10) RoWizzies
11) Faraway14

With 9 left alive, it takes 5 to lynch. You have 72 Hours of Day Time left.
(24-Oct-2011 at 20:22)

So, that was a good night. And I assume finding that the doctor was in this was supposed to be a big twist. Can someone do a quick plot summary of how The Others relate to this and the time lords and stuff?

Time passes, people move. Like a river's flow, it never ends.
A childish mind will turn to noble ambition. Young love will become deep affection.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Felix Zalitz Add Felix Zalitz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Oct-2011 at 21:51)

good day for town for sure.

Did a quick goodle serch and the other was somekind of time lord. Can someone who knows more about the theme post more.

Never Forget

September 11, 2001
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invictus2001 Add Invictus2001 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Oct-2011 at 22:36)

You don't see mafia killing SK and vice versa much.
Thanks.

If all else fails, call someone a troll.
that can be fixed... /
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Oct-2011 at 23:04)

Was a good night for the town. But honestly, kinda sad to see The Doctor dead - and a SK. Granted, understandable why he'd be SK in a war...

"Well played, Roxtin. You are now officially the God of flying under the radar " ~MeliHeartsCloud from The Mafia of Zelda: Twilight princess
View Public Profile Visit Roxtin's homepage Find more posts by Roxtin Add Roxtin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Oct-2011 at 23:10)

not to those who dont know theme

Never Forget

September 11, 2001
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invictus2001 Add Invictus2001 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(25-Oct-2011 at 02:01)

Cool start
View Public Profile Find more posts by RoWizzies Add RoWizzies to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Oct-2011 at 06:05)

Lol did the mafia and SK just kill each other? Now that's awesome for us

Let's see who The Other was

The Other was influential during the Dark Times on Gallifrey after the cult of Pythia had ended. He and the Hand of Omega shared some sort of a bond. (NA: Lungbarrow)

The Other had a detailed knowledge of Gallifreyan history and imparted some of that knowledge to Rassilon. The Other first became known to Rassilon in the weeks before Omega destroyed the star Qqaba to bring Gallifrey its power over time. (REF: The Gallifrey Chronicles)

One account claims that before the Qqaba mission, the Other spoke to Omega's wife and implied that the Fragment was a forgery. The Other was later present at Qqaba when Omega was lost. (PDA: The Infinity Doctors)

This may have been in an alternate timeline.

As Rassilon's rule moved closer to despotism and Gallifrey's borders were sealed, the Other attempted to escape the planet by hurling himself into the Looms to await his eventual reconstitution. (NA: Lungbarrow)
http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Other

Well no news here since we are fighting the Time Lords.

Anyway what I am curious about the night's message was this part

The cause of death is not known, however it has been noted that his famed sonic screwdriver had been taken.

What happened to the screwdriver? Did the Doctor's killer somehow absorb his powers?

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common; they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views
View Public Profile Find more posts by DHoffryn Add DHoffryn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Oct-2011 at 09:29)

I have a feeling those of us who don't know the theme are going to be on a far different level of gameplay than those of you who do. >.<

that can be fixed... /
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Oct-2011 at 09:47)

yeah, this is some serious old school Doctor Who ... makes me want to watch all the old Doctor Who episodes I have queued up on NetFlix.

Anybody have some info from last night they'd like to share?

"Well played, Roxtin. You are now officially the God of flying under the radar " ~MeliHeartsCloud from The Mafia of Zelda: Twilight princess
View Public Profile Visit Roxtin's homepage Find more posts by Roxtin Add Roxtin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Oct-2011 at 09:57)

Originally Posted by Greeney: View Post
I have a feeling those of us who don't know the theme are going to be on a far different level of gameplay than those of you who do. >.<
qft

Originally Posted by Roxtin: View Post
nope...

i am at work atm, don't have time to read through anything... but I can probably do some of that when I get home either tonight or sometime tomorrow.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Faraway14 Add Faraway14 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(25-Oct-2011 at 10:03)

Re: Dr Who Mafia

Originally Posted by Roxtin: View Post
Nothing conclusive.

I'll start with

Vote Omega
View Public Profile Find more posts by RoWizzies Add RoWizzies to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Oct-2011 at 19:00)

Originally Posted by RoWizzies: View Post
Nothing conclusive.

I'll start with

Vote Omega
I was thinking of starting somewhere else. Nothing conclusive as well.

Vote Faraway

Time passes, people move. Like a river's flow, it never ends.
A childish mind will turn to noble ambition. Young love will become deep affection.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Felix Zalitz Add Felix Zalitz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(25-Oct-2011 at 19:05)

Question for the Dr Who fans what does the blue phone box mean?
(25-Oct-2011 at 23:50)

The TARDIS ([Time And Relative Dimension In Space] The Doctor's time machine spaceship) is in the shape and size of a 50's British style police box. Originally, the TARDIS would blend in with its surroundings upon arriving at someplace new via a chameleon device. Something happened and the device was broken while the TARDIS was disguised as a police box, and so it remained - from outward appearances - as a police box everywhere The Doctor went.

(26-Oct-2011 at 00:55)

May as well get a claim or two out since nothing else is happening.

Vote Faraway

that can be fixed... /