Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Other Games' Forums > Mafia Forum Games

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(31-Oct-2011 at 12:00)

That 70's show Mafia

That 70's show Mafia
Night mod/Sign up mod: Captimmeh
Day mod: Lunor

Everyone in Point Place gathered in the Forman house. Bob was telling his story about what came across his path last night. "I was walking through the park last night, because I couldn't sleep. I was thinking about my lovely Donna when suddenly, I saw Joanne lying in the grass. I talked to her: < Silly, why are you lying here in the grass?> when I noticed the hole in her head. She had been shot, apparently we have killers between us..." A noise rose in the Forman living room when Red said: "Let's find the killers then and kick their ass!" And the lynching starts...

Rules

1. This game is night start.

2. Nights will be 72 hours at most. Days will be 120 hours, with possible extensions (if activity is high)

3. Do not talk about the game outside the thread unless we said you are allowed to.

4. There may be 2 CCs and 2 RCs per day max. Others CCing or RCing will be punished.

5. No quotes/screenshots, or anything like those. If used, the person will be modkilled.

6. Votes must be colored and on preferably on a different line. Unvote before voting someone else.

7. People are lynched when Lunor tells you they are lynched. If the lynching requirement is reached unvoting is not possible any more. You are still allowed to talk until Lunor said the night started.

8. If you really feel the urge to post a “death-post” you are allowed to, on the condition that you will not post any mafia-related information.

9. Try to be as active as you can. We will not be likely to have (m)any replacements. If someone is inactive and we do not have any replacements the person will be modkilled.

10. Questions can be sent to me by pm or if the information is not role related posted in the topic.

11. You have one no lynch. After having used that one, a lynch must be achieved. If not, 3 townies lose their role for a night.

12. Play nice and have fun!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Captimmeh Add Captimmeh to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Oct-2011 at 12:01)

Special Rules

A. The CCs will be given randomly

B. The RC will given through a special way. It will be done with a draft order. How does the draft order work? Every one has to send me (once they sign up) two digits from 1 to 10, for example: (2, 5).

The first one to choose will be the player whose first digit is the lowest digit that no one else chose, too. The second will be the player whose first digit is the second lowest digit that no one else chose, etc. Once those are figured out, a second system will work.

The 2 players with the same lowest first digit will be the next to choose, the one with the lowest second digit that no one else has as well will choose first, etc. Players with also the same second digit will be last to choose and will be chosen randomly who is first.

This goes on and on and on...

An example, as it might be a little hard to understand:

Player 1: 4,9
Player 2: 1,4
Player 3: 3,5
Player 4: 1,7
Player 5: 1,4
Player 6: 15,15
Player 7: 15,14

The draft order would be:
Player 3
Player 1
Player 7
Player 6
Player 4
Players 2/5 based on random.

C. Once the draft order is made, the roles may be chosen. I will post a number of roles that equal the amount of players in the game. The first player may send his preferred role and he will get that role. The second player to choose may send two roles in order of preference and will get the role he wants without having the same as the first.

D. At last, there is the famous circle. The circle where many people have had wonderful times and majestic ideas have been born a lot of time. The town may choose three players that may enter the circle the following night only. The players that are in the circle may communicate during the night. On top of that they have a joint roleblock (role doesn't work for the night and following day) and all three of them have to vote for someone to roleblock. The majority of votes will mean who is roleblocked, though if there is no majority, the first vote decides who to roleblock. Votes may be changed. The three to join the circle are decided with everyone having three circle-votes during the day to vote for other players to join the circle. Cicle votes have to be like this: C-Vote: Captimmeh and nobody may vote for himself. Unvotes are mandatory, since there are three C-votes per player.

Feel free to ask questions, as it is a new thing and might be a bit hard to understand.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Captimmeh Add Captimmeh to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Oct-2011 at 13:35)

In. Just hope the special rules don't turn away people. The 70 was awesome

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common; they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views
View Public Profile Find more posts by DHoffryn Add DHoffryn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Oct-2011 at 18:01)

In.

If all else fails, call someone a troll.
that can be fixed... / Ć
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Oct-2011 at 18:06)

/in
View Public Profile Find more posts by Faraway14 Add Faraway14 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.36
(31-Oct-2011 at 18:14)

sure, why not.

*goes to read special rules*

No Comment
View Public Profile Find more posts by BrandonC Add BrandonC to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Oct-2011 at 19:08)

Playerlist:
1. DHoffryn - digits recieved
2. Greeney
3. Faraway14 - digits recieved
4. BrandonC

I don't think that the special rules will scare of a lot of people. Rule A is quite standard and Rule D is not a major difference. Rule B and C both are about the same thing, but are a difference. Basicly everybody has a chance to choose a role they like to have.
And there are reasons for all of the rules, I will tell why at the end of the game.
(31-Oct-2011 at 19:17)

im confused but ill play

Never Forget

September 11, 2001
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invictus2001 Add Invictus2001 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
(31-Oct-2011 at 19:31)

/in, etc

haven't read the rules.

........Why does the thin grey strand......Ah, you will understand;.......................I should find, for a reprimand
.......Floating up from the forgotten......When I carried my mother downstairs,.....To my gaiety, a few long grey hairs
......Cigarette between my fingers,......A few times only, at the beginning..........On the breast of my coat; and one by one
.....Why does it trouble me?.............Of her soft-foot malady,.......................I watched them float up the dark chimney.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Swifty Add Swifty to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Oct-2011 at 19:33)

Hmm... Reading back my rule C, I notice that it is wrong.
Lets make it different:

C. Every player sends the list back of RC that I gave once the game starts, however this time with the roles in their preferred (or thought out) order. The first player to choose recieves his first preferred role, the second player to choose recieves his first preferred role if available, the third player recieves recieves his first preferred role if available, etc. This goes on till every body has been.
Then the one that didn't recieve a role will be looked at. The player highest on the list that hasn't got a role will recieve his second preferred role if available, the next player his second preferred role if available, etc. etc.
This goes on until every body has a role.

I will put up another example:

List of RCs: Cop, Doc, RBer, Watcher, Tracker
List player 1: 1. Cop, 2. Watcher, 3. Tracker, 4. Roleblocker, 5. Doc
List player 2: 1. Doc, 2. Watcher, 3. Cop, 4. Roleblocker, 5. Tracker
List player 3: 1. Doc, 2. Tracker, 3. Cop, 4. Watcher, 5. Roleblocker
List player 4: 1. Cop, 2. Roleblocker, 3. Watcher, 4. Doc, 5. Tracker
List player 5: 1. Tracker, 2. Cop, 3. Watcher, 4. Doc, 5. Roleblocker

Player 1 recieves the cop, as he is the first.
Player 2 recieves the Doc, as it is still available
Player 3 will not recieve doc, as it is already taken
Player 4 will not recieve cop, as it is already taken
Player 5 recieves tracker, as it is still available
Player 3 will not recieve tracker, as it is already taken
Player 4 recieves roleblocker, as it is still available
Player 3 will not recieve Cop, as it is already taken
Player 3 recieves watcher, as it is still available (and the only one left)

So the eventual setup will be: Player 1 cop, Player 2 doc, Player 5 tracker, Player 4 roleblocker, Player 5 Watcher.

This is an example however, the RCs will have a nice variety in this game and there will be good and bad/town and scum/night and day RCs.

Again, if something is not clear, please ask me, I don't want people to not sign up or lose interest because of these rules. Rule B and C only apply during sign ups, so after that, nothing should be confusing any more. (There might be some references to it during the game and it can be used to find out a couple of things, but that's all)
(31-Oct-2011 at 19:35)

Playerlist:
2. Greeney
4. BrandonC
5. Invictus - digits recieved
6. Swifty

Don't forget to send in the two digits! Remember, both have to be in range of 1-10.
Donated $5.36
(31-Oct-2011 at 20:58)

Re: That 70's show Mafia

Originally Posted by Captimmeh: View Post
Playerlist:
2. Greeney
4. BrandonC
6. Swifty

Don't forget to send in the two digits! Remember, both have to be in range of 1-10.
1-10 is way too small a range. If everyone picks 2 numbers from 1-10, the odds are infinitesimal (well, maybe not quite infinitesimal) that nobody else will have picked their number. Make it 1-100, IMO.

No Comment
View Public Profile Find more posts by BrandonC Add BrandonC to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Oct-2011 at 21:27)

Originally Posted by BrandonC: View Post
1-10 is way too small a range. If everyone picks 2 numbers from 1-10, the odds are infinitesimal (well, maybe not quite infinitesimal) that nobody else will have picked their number. Make it 1-100, IMO.
If there are two players that have exactly the same digits the order between them will be declared randomly. With 100 possible combinations, odds are low multiple double combinations will occur.

I will move it to 1-20 though, because 100 with about 13 players is still a good chance. I do like people to try and outguess other players with it, though, so 1-100 might be a bit too much.

So new range: 1-20 may be given now. Every one that already sent their digit may send new ones.

EDIT: Also, Lunor told me something. The numbers might scare people of to sign-up. I can tell you all, that the numbers are not very important. I suggest to send in two numbers without thinking too much about it, unless you like outguessing others. Odds are low the outguessing really works out well.

Last edited by Captimmeh, 31-Oct-2011 at 21:32.
Edit reason: Thanxies Lunor
(31-Oct-2011 at 22:15)

my numbers are the same. dont know what they mean so im not changing them

Never Forget

September 11, 2001
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invictus2001 Add Invictus2001 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Oct-2011 at 22:44)

I have no idea what is going on. Let's do it!

Time passes, people move. Like a river's flow, it never ends.
A childish mind will turn to noble ambition. Young love will become deep affection.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Felix Zalitz Add Felix Zalitz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Nov-2011 at 02:24)

not changing mine...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Faraway14 Add Faraway14 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(01-Nov-2011 at 13:07)

Originally Posted by Felix Zalitz: View Post
I have no idea what is going on. Let's do it!
What he said! In
View Public Profile Find more posts by RoWizzies Add RoWizzies to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Nov-2011 at 13:34)
In
View Public Profile Find more posts by The Killer Add The Killer to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Nov-2011 at 14:49)

Playerlist:
2. Greeney - digits recieved
4. BrandonC - digits recieved
6. Swifty - digits recieved
7. Felix - digits recieved
8. RoW
9. The Killer - digits recieved

Ideally, 4 more players sign up.
Shall I pm the ones that are usually playing mafia?
I will first wait a couple of days, I think.

Last edited by Captimmeh, 01-Nov-2011 at 14:49.
(01-Nov-2011 at 16:21)

Just noticed - just in.

"Well played, Roxtin. You are now officially the God of flying under the radar " ~MeliHeartsCloud from The Mafia of Zelda: Twilight princess
View Public Profile Visit Roxtin's homepage Find more posts by Roxtin Add Roxtin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote