Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions > Religious Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as Randomized)
(20-Jun-2011 at 00:09)

Re: Religion is on it's way out

Originally Posted by Armitage: View Post

I think you are right. The information age is deadly to false ideolgies. Religion has a necessary function in society and thus will not become extinct but its rituals and answers will change. With more knowledge the signs will be read correctly and one day all people will enjoy a religion that is based in trueness.
That, sounds like a good day.
View Public Profile Visit Black Oranje's homepage Find more posts by Black Oranje Add Black Oranje to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Jun-2011 at 04:03)

Quote:
I looked into it and of course this jelly fish is not immortal. It has the ability to change back into earlier growth stages thus making itself younger. But it still gets, eaten, dies by malnutrition and other causes. Its not immortal.
That would be why I said

Quote:
That depends on how you define immortality. If it's simply a lack of dying from old age then yes there is a species of jellyfish who are immortal by this definition
Remember ?

Quote:
But even if we assume, with immortality we will still have the ever impending why question over our heads. As you say the harsh reality demands it.
Not really. Those questions don't really bother me at all at the moment except maybe to kill time in a discussion or two. And if me and my loved ones are immortal as well they wold bother me even less

Quote:
Reality leads us to do certain things and think certain ways, follow certain rituals. Now the question is what answer does it direct us to?? Monotheism, Atheism, Pantheism, etc. Many answers but one thing is certain, these are signs for us to find truth in them. At the end everyone has to be sincere to himself.
I agree. That's why I think you should recognise that you have a rather common condition . Namely the delusion that comes from thinking that everybody else thinks or experiences things the way you do or even closely. It's one of the most harshest and difficult lessons we have to learn in life but it's the closest we can come to an actual objective truth.

Quote:
think you are right. The information age is deadly to false ideolgies. Religion has a necessary function in society and thus will not become extinct but its rituals and answers will change. With more knowledge the signs will be read correctly and one day all people will enjoy a religion that is based in trueness.
No you got that completley wrong. False or true it doesn't matter since the ultimate check would be at a point where it can't be shared therefore all ideaologies are equally false from a neutral point of view. Question is how adaptable they are

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common; they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views
View Public Profile Find more posts by DHoffryn Add DHoffryn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote