Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as Uzgadra)
(18-Oct-2006 at 11:58)

Returning to education

As the thread title says after 23 years I have decided (after several comments and neg reps you know who you are) to return to education in fact I went and enrolled in a college course this morning for night school(well day school for me as i work nights)

I am starting out with english maths and enviromental science so what I need is any tips hints and advice as after 20 odd years it feels a touch wierd to say the least

So any advice would be appreciated

. R.I.P. Millie you took our hearts with you
. 26th Feb 2002- 4th June 2007
View Public Profile Find more posts by BouffantBob Add BouffantBob to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Oct-2006 at 12:11)

Always remember when you are in school, communication is a must whether with your teachers, friends, staffs and even librarians... try to make some friends and dont isolate yourself from the rest. I would encourage you to attend all classes and you might impress the teachers. And always finish your assignments early and dont leave it till last minute...

Hope they help...

You know the real meaning of PEACE only if you have been through the war. Anyone, who truly wants to go to war, has never truly been there before!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invasion Add Invasion to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Oct-2006 at 13:17)

Give the best you can. Attend to all classes and pay lots of attention and always do your assigment and homework. And as invasion said, make friends. They'll make you want to go to school.

1000 rep points...eeh I mean 296
Mods will never find me ^^ That's what you think *gasp* they're everywhere I wonder which one of the new mods will come here first...
View Public Profile Find more posts by demi Add demi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $50.00
(18-Oct-2006 at 13:34)

Re: Returning to education

Originally Posted by Uzgadra: View Post
As the thread title says after 23 years I have decided (after several comments and neg reps you know who you are) to return to education in fact I went and enrolled in a college course this morning for night school(well day school for me as i work nights)

I am starting out with english maths and enviromental science so what I need is any tips hints and advice as after 20 odd years it feels a touch wierd to say the least

Congrats to you, can't be easy to return. I have been out of education for just 7 years and doing this seems difficult, especially holding down a full time job at the same time. You going for a qualification(s) or just a brush up on what you know ?

If you find yourself stuck, am a dab hand at pure maths - very happy to assist if you need it.

This is what every PvP argument boils down to:
Dear Devs:
Rock is overpowered, please nerf. Paper is fine.
Yours, Scissors
View Public Profile Find more posts by Grashnak Add Grashnak to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Oct-2006 at 13:50)

Re: Returning to education

Originally Posted by Uzgadra: View Post

Good for you. You can never be too old to learn. I'd say never, never be afraid to speak your mind or to ask questions. I agree with Invasion on this, always keep a dialogue with your teachers, even outside the classroom. You'll find it easier to consult with a teacher who you feel at ease talking to than someone you don't know very well.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Aletheia Add Aletheia to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Oct-2006 at 14:50)

Oh ya, one more thing... do some activities together like BBQ, jogging, soccer and etc...instead of just normal school routine... Hehe... you will be an aswesome choice of leader.

You know the real meaning of PEACE only if you have been through the war. Anyone, who truly wants to go to war, has never truly been there before!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invasion Add Invasion to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.00
(19-Oct-2006 at 04:11)

Hey mate, good on you. Stay interested is probably the best advice I think most people can give. If you're interested in the material, you'll do well. *Force* yourself to be interested. And remember that a fire you light under yourself will always burn longer than a fire lit under you by someone else.

Where has my avatar gone?

The true meaning of silence
View Public Profile Find more posts by Gus Mackay Add Gus Mackay to your Buddy List Reply with Quote