Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions > Religious Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as Black Aurora)
(26-Jul-2012 at 21:49)

Life is a theme park ride?

So I was discussing things with a friend of me who is into spiritualism. Stuff like reincarnation and such.

Now I'm really an atheist, but for the sake of a nice convo I can pretend I actually believe all this stuff.

Somewhere in the convo, I came up with my version of what it is:

Life is a theme park ride. In the afterlife, or whatever you'd call it.

When you enter the ride, you are born. When you die, that's the end of the ride. When you look back on your life, you think "there's sooo much stuff I couldve done better... I wanna go again!" Catch is, when you're born, you forget -everything- until you die and exit the ride again. Hell you might just've made the same mistakes -again-.

Doesn't this sound like a nice way to look at things?
View Public Profile Visit Black Oranje's homepage Find more posts by Black Oranje Add Black Oranje to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
(26-Jul-2012 at 23:07)

Comforting yes. But instead of comforting yourself with warm stories about incarnation, or heaven or such nonsense, why not go out and do the things one would like to do now?

People, like snowflakes, are all slightly different, but we all follow the same patterns -Stewie
Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

Some people are like Slinkies- absolutely useless, but always fun to push down stairs!

Last edited by Azure Dragon, 26-Jul-2012 at 23:08.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Azure Dragon Add Azure Dragon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Black Aurora)
(27-Jul-2012 at 00:23)

tongue

Will do! Lend me a few million?
View Public Profile Visit Black Oranje's homepage Find more posts by Black Oranje Add Black Oranje to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Jul-2012 at 08:42)
Warm stories are good. They give us hope.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Gotterdammerung Add Gotterdammerung to your Buddy List Reply with Quote