Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Research Laboratory > Previous Rounds' Discussions > Round 21 Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(07-Aug-2003 at 00:55)
Not 650%?

I gave away a ton of money partially out of the hopes of getting a happiness modifier, but to no avail...

Networth of my province is: 146,103gc
Trade balance is: 970,581gc

Why aren't my people happy about this?
View Public Profile Find more posts by kanzar Add kanzar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Swifty BoD)
Global Moderator
(07-Aug-2003 at 00:58)

Happiness doesnt change immiediatly, it takes time. I had to wait for a little while to get my postive trade balance message.

........Why does the thin grey strand......Ah, you will understand;.......................I should find, for a reprimand
.......Floating up from the forgotten......When I carried my mother downstairs,.....To my gaiety, a few long grey hairs
......Cigarette between my fingers,......A few times only, at the beginning..........On the breast of my coat; and one by one
.....Why does it trouble me?.............Of her soft-foot malady,.......................I watched them float up the dark chimney.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Swifty Add Swifty to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Aug-2003 at 05:19)
Yup...I had waited a couple hours by the time I posted the first message, but now the message is there. Looks like it took around 5-6 hours to show up.

View Public Profile Find more posts by kanzar Add kanzar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Speeed)
(07-Aug-2003 at 05:30)

you need like +1,200,000

Don't think about how many breaths you take but think about how many breaths are taken away... Like choking.
View Public Profile Find more posts by RushBB Add RushBB to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as illuvata)
Donated $1.88
(07-Aug-2003 at 17:16)
some people also say that you need 1000 * your land, instead of x * your networth.
im not sure if its true, but it would make sense (why would mehul reward fat provinces?)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Illuvatar Add Illuvatar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $2.64
(07-Aug-2003 at 17:20)

Quote:
(Originally posted by illuvata)

some people also say that you need 1000 * your land, instead of x * your networth.
im not sure if its true, but it would make sense (why would mehul reward fat provinces?)
It has been researched, and found to be 650% of your networth...which you can review at the site i made about that.

Blood Raven
Former Head investigator of the HappinessFormulaeandIndicators of age 17 through 25.
Creator of the (now outdated) TipsandTricksGuidetoUtopia!
Haven't played Utopia in several years now. But i have returned
View Public Profile Visit Blood Raven's homepage Find more posts by Blood Raven Add Blood Raven to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Aug-2003 at 06:22)

I'm more than twice the NW of many of my kingdommates, so I have a negative trade balance yet I gave maybe 20 times my NW.

My happiness level is the same, but i did notice that it started going "upward" for a few days without any messages after i started my aid frenzy.

The slave to the compass has the freedom of the seas
View Public Profile Find more posts by kostresa Add kostresa to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as gilthano)
(09-Aug-2003 at 14:17)
Quote:
(Originally posted by Blood Raven)

It has been researched, and found to be 650% of your networth...which you can review at the site i made about that.
Blood Raven knows EVERYTHING (seriously). Listen to him.
View Public Profile Visit xgilthanox's homepage Find more posts by xgilthanox Add xgilthanox to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Aug-2003 at 14:22)

I thought it was nw*4?

-------------------
::Bonerus Maximus::
-------------------
Jordan Capri
View Public Profile Find more posts by Dark Lord182 Add Dark Lord182 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Aug-2003 at 14:38)

Quote:
(Originally posted by kostresa)

I'm more than twice the NW of many of my kingdommates, so I have a negative trade balance yet I gave maybe 20 times my NW.

My happiness level is the same, but i did notice that it started going "upward" for a few days without any messages after i started my aid frenzy.
it only counts to happiness if it counts to tb...

if it doesn't affect your tb, it doesn't affect your happiness, simple as that =)

-Part of the UT Christian Community
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ketam Add Ketam to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Aug-2003 at 22:54)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Ketam)

it only counts to happiness if it counts to tb...

if it doesn't affect your tb, it doesn't affect your happiness, simple as that =)
I don't think it's simple as that. When I see "upwards" right after I give when I have a negative trade balance, i think something is up.

Beside, i really think that there are a lot of happiness factors that don't show up in the civilian report messages.

For example, many of my kingdommates are "happy" with only the "general economic policies" message. Yet, I had lived off Joyous with only the "general economic policies" message. Recently it has gone down to only excited. But when I made a decent attack (not a "bravery message" attack), my happiness went to Joyous.

My point: There are MANY other factors that play into happiness that do not show up in the civilian affairs peasant messages.

View Public Profile Find more posts by kostresa Add kostresa to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as ToChicken)
(10-Aug-2003 at 01:04)
kostresa very trew.

I see at points.
For example.

the economy message: max points 10 minimum -10.
For the message to get shown you need 6 points ore for the necative -6 points

the brave message the same 10 ore -10.

We leace everything to keep it simple.

lets say you need 10 points to go up a level.

5+5 makes 10 so no message but you are excited.
Also 10-6=4 you got 1 happines message but you are happy.
-5+-5=-10 so you are content now but no message.

I am not sure if it works whit points. I think it is more of a value and reduced to 1 factor whit math. Then add all the stuff toghter and you get a number. The number stands for an happines level.

Lets say you go up every 10 points. So 9 would still be happy but 10 would make you excited. Now you go up very slow. But when youre happy at 10 and next hour at 19 you go up fast to excited.

Again the points i use are to make it simple i think mehul made some more complex but soemthing like this should be the base.

It is effectife and easy to implant. Let the comuper add the numbers and youre done. You only need to make an formula and we never find that one.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Michelin Add Michelin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Aug-2003 at 19:52)
Quote:
(Originally posted by Blood Raven)

My TB is 430% right now, and I have that message.
View Public Profile Find more posts by wildblue Add wildblue to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Sep-2003 at 15:39)

you need +650% TB for the msg to show up and you need +400% TB after that, to mentain the msg...

but my Q is:
right now I have about +1400% TB...so the happiness msg has bigger effect on pezzies than at 650%???

I'm not responsible for this...For any inconvenience, call 911
View Public Profile Find more posts by danutzboy Add danutzboy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Sep-2003 at 22:54)

Speaking of "Not 650%", I made the happiness message without getting up to 650%. I achieved it somewhere around 450% and maintaining it is lower now. I think Mehul has changed the requirements now.