Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Your faith?
Athiest 307 28.72%
Agnostic 108 10.10%
Catholic 180 16.84%
Lutheran 72 6.74%
Calvinist 37 3.46%
Sunni 18 1.68%
Jewish 25 2.34%
Buddhist 54 5.05%
Wicca 32 2.99%
Other 236 22.08%
Who voted? Voters: 1069
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(29-May-2004 at 23:13)
Atheist...don't believe in any all powerfull imaginary friends or that all the answers can be found in a book corrupted over the years by empires and through incorrect translations.

Last edited by 6leggedcow, 29-May-2004 at 23:14.
View Public Profile Find more posts by 6leggedcow Add 6leggedcow to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-May-2004 at 03:45)
Calvinist, member of the United Reformed Churches of North America. jonpowel: you seem uninformed, and ignorant, sorry, you really don't seem to know anything about God if you say that if he wanted us to worship him he'd make it that way. Umm..he does make it that way, that's why he gives us his holy spirit, so that we are able to worship him. Besides, you're his creature, He's the creator, he should be glorified! Praise Him!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Raken Add Raken to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as quantumchaos)
Research Group
Donated $3.01
(30-May-2004 at 05:38)

im catholic

it's sad to see how many people here claim to be athiest, when 99% of them are full of shit and dont know anything
View Public Profile Find more posts by QuantumChaos Add QuantumChaos to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $50.00
(30-May-2004 at 09:11)

Quote:
(Originally posted by quantumchaos)

im catholic

it's sad to see how many people here claim to be athiest, when 99% of them are full of shit and dont know anything
Let's face it - we are all full of crap, everyone is very ignorant compared to the sum of human knowledge. Everyone is a hypocrite to some degree. What was it specifically you have against 99% of athiests ?

I am more amazed at the lack of lutherians & calvinists - maybe God's vicar is making a comeback

This is what every PvP argument boils down to:
Dear Devs:
Rock is overpowered, please nerf. Paper is fine.
Yours, Scissors

Last edited by Grashnak, 30-May-2004 at 09:11.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Grashnak Add Grashnak to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-May-2004 at 09:44)

I inly have faith in myself.

I'm the TRUE GOD, and one day you will tramble in front of me mwahahahahah.
View Public Profile Find more posts by AurumVenom Add AurumVenom to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-May-2004 at 18:26)
Quote:
jonpowel: you seem uninformed, and ignorant, sorry, you really don't seem to know anything about God if you say that if he wanted us to worship him he'd make it that way. Umm..he does make it that way, that's why he gives us his holy spirit, so that we are able to worship him. Besides, you're his creature, He's the creator, he should be glorified! Praise Him!

Uninformed. Thats a pretty christian attitude toward other people. Since i don't believe what you do I must be stupid eh. Just answer this one question and if you can I will believe in your GOd.

If God can see the future past and present then he knows who's going to hell and who is not. He knows everything we will ever do before we ever do it. So then why does he let people that are going to go to hell be created. Is it cause it gets him off or what.

Now Im not trying to put down your beliefs but you made fun of mine first. Face it if your God is real and all seeing then he must be pretty evil to punish someone for an eternity for something they did in such a short time as a life time.

Don't blame me for anything I misspelled I was educated in America.
View Public Profile Find more posts by jonpowel Add jonpowel to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-May-2004 at 18:41)

I put other. I am just a Christian, I dont see any meaningful differences between Catholics, Lutherins, and Calvinists. (Although technically I would probably be a lutherin)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Royal Assassin3 Add Royal Assassin3 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $2.72
(30-May-2004 at 18:45)

I'm a Christian, but I'm not really sure whether I'm more Lutheran or Calvinist. I've gone to baptist, pentacostal, and nazarene churches among a few others, but I wouldn't even group myself with any of those denominations.

I'm not ashamed of the One I love.
[Our dream] eluded us then, but that's no matter — tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther. And one fine morning...
Hail Jesus, You're my Lord.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Victor1 Add Victor1 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as im special)
(30-May-2004 at 20:21)

u forgot one of the biggest religons...
hinduism...

anyway havnt i seen one of these polls before?
View Public Profile Find more posts by DuffMan1 Add DuffMan1 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $9.31
(30-May-2004 at 20:37)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Obi2Kenobi)

If you're going to group all atheists together, why not put all the sects of Christianity together? Then you could have added Islamic and Hinduist.
I don't see your reasoning. What other kinds of Atheists are there? Being an Atheist means one thing, you don't believe in a deity. Being involved in all the Christian and Islamic faiths have several issues regarding how you are supposed to live your life, what God wan's of you, etc.

My MSN is still [email protected].
My Skype is kapteindynetrekk
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nimon Add Nimon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $50.00
(30-May-2004 at 22:58)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Royal Assassin3)

I put other. I am just a Christian, I dont see any meaningful differences between Catholics, Lutherins, and Calvinists. (Although technically I would probably be a lutherin)
Phew ! If this was true then there were a hell of a lot of dead people over nothing. Primarilly the main difference between the catholics & the protestants is of course that the catholics believe that only the pope can talk to god. This why you catholics go to confession - they talk to the priest who then supposidly passes the repentance of the sin up through the churches ranks to the pope who then tells God. The main difference (as far as I can see) between Lutharians & Calvinists is that Calvinists believe in a literal bible - also tend to be more ermm.. forceful about there faith.

If I remember rightly you are a Presbyterian - which I assume is the US branch of the origional Scottish Presbyterian church - which would make you a Calvinist.

As to why I didn't put hindus - only have 10 slots avalible & I havn't ever seen any here. If I had the slots I would also have included the Orthodox, Shia & Confustionist faiths.

This is what every PvP argument boils down to:
Dear Devs:
Rock is overpowered, please nerf. Paper is fine.
Yours, Scissors

Last edited by Grashnak, 30-May-2004 at 22:59.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Grashnak Add Grashnak to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-May-2004 at 23:11)

presbyterian
View Public Profile Find more posts by hawk81 Add hawk81 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $32.64
(31-May-2004 at 03:56)

Religions of the world
Taoism: Shit happens.
Hare Krishna: Shit happens Rama Ding Ding.
Hinduism: This shit happened before.
Islam: If shit happens, it is the will of Allah.
Zen: What is the sound of shit happening.
Buddhism: When shit happens, is it really shit.
Confucianism: Confucius say, "Shit happens."
7th day Adventist: Shit happens on Saturdays.
Protestantism: Shit won't happen if I work harder.
Jehovah's Witness: Knock, knock "Shit happens."
Unitarian: What is shit?
Mormon: Shit happens again & again & again.
Judaism: Oyvay! Why does this shit always happen to me?!
Pentecostalism: Praise the shit.
Atheism: No shit.
New age: Shit happens, and it happens to smell good.
Rastafarianism: Let's smoke this shit!

After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one

The only reason we die, is because we accept it as an inevitability
View Public Profile Find more posts by Phased Add Phased to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-May-2004 at 07:41)

There are no supreme deities.

I am an atheist. I have been an atheist since I was 12 years old. At that point in my young life, I made a decision that a lot of young people make. I chose to deny the existence of a deity. Over the years I have come to a realization that it matters not what others believe, so long as they have faith in their beliefs. A theist believes in something which makes him right in his mind. Only in his mind. This works the same way with atheists, and people of all faiths. I don't care what anyone says, the existence of a deity cannot be proven. I choose to deny that existence in hopes that one day the human race can move forward without the bonds of religion.

I always get drawn into these religious threads. I try not to... but... it's interesting to read the viewpoints of others.

One day I'll have something cleverer here.
that's more clever, not cleverer [Sygnal]
From the dictionary: clev·er - adj.
clev·er·er, clev·er·estBOO-YAH Sygnal!

Back to the left where I belong
View Public Profile Visit mathmetalmonk's homepage Find more posts by mathmetalmonk Add mathmetalmonk to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Obi2Kenobi)
Donated $1.28
(31-May-2004 at 17:19)

Quote:
I don't see your reasoning. What other kinds of Atheists are there? Being an Atheist means one thing, you don't believe in a deity. Being involved in all the Christian and Islamic faiths have several issues regarding how you are supposed to live your life, what God wan's of you, etc.
I don't see your reasoning. What other types of Theists are there? Being a Theist means one thing, you believe in a single deity. <Etc>

There are atheist religions. Atheist means members of all religions who believe in no god, but also includes those who aren't in a religion and thus believe in no god. Say I have a religion, and I say that there is no god, and no outside force controlling you. When you die, you go to heaven (as long as you do x or something to that extent), and everyone lives in peace (idealistic anarchy). That would mean I am an atheist, but I would be religious.

"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and if it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
~Alexandr Solzhenitsyn
View Public Profile Visit obi2kenobi's homepage Find more posts by obi2kenobi Add obi2kenobi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-May-2004 at 18:07)

I'll go with Solidarty Christian. Because while I hold mainly lutheran beliefs. I would comprise those tenants for Christian Solidarty

militant Liberal Christian..funny string of words I got there
"when life gives you Lemons eat them whole..Peal and all"
-the great Ipoc
UNITE! SPARK THE FIRE!
View Public Profile Find more posts by jahwarrior Add jahwarrior to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.60
(31-May-2004 at 18:23)

I'm an Episcopalian...so other

-------------------------------------
"Genius may have its limitations,
but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

-------------------------------------
View Public Profile Find more posts by Gamharlt Add Gamharlt to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old lmc
(31-May-2004 at 19:11)

I guess I'd fall into the 'other' category.

Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others.

Groucho Marx
http://tangenitaldrunkeness.blogspot...ac22c48044bdd8
View Public Profile Visit lmc's homepage Find more posts by lmc Add lmc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-May-2004 at 22:44)
Some sort of christian, I believe in the bible, and also in the Evolution theory and big bang.

Pegster- Vanquisher of animals, wrestler of humans and succumber to high heels!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Pegster Add Pegster to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Donated $41.00
(01-Jun-2004 at 05:06)

I don't know, I am uncertain about what to believe. I need proof of something to know it exist, perhaps the only way I will believe is when I die and go to hell or just 'sleep forever'...heh.

For now I am Atheist.

BUD LIGHT
145847903/Davevalek/Insanity
I am one of a kind, the only one you'll find. I am me and nothing else...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Valek Add Valek to your Buddy List Reply with Quote