|View Poll Results: Do you want a European Superstate?|
|Yes i want a european state and im european||16||21.33%|
|No i dont want a european state and im european||24||32.00%|
|Yes i want a european state and im not european||18||24.00%|
|No i dont want a european state and im not european||17||22.67%|
You may not vote on this poll
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|
(22-Jun-2008 at 21:12)
I like the idea of a european super state and I think it is inevitable.
I like the idea of super states for many reasons:
1. Fewer larger states can result in more efficient international trade and interaction. It's a lot easier to conform a product to the regulations of 5 superstates than 180 ministates.
2. Governmental cooperation is more likely if there were fewer states. It's easier to coordinate the efforts of 5 than 180.
3. The consequences of war are greater amongst superstates thus leading to an increase in world peace.
4. Larger states formed around a declaration of common principles are likely to be more moderate than ministates that may be formed on ethnic lines, the strength of a dictator, or cultural xenophobia.
I also think it is inevitable because:
1. As the world become more and more interconnected by the internet and fast travel geopolitical boundaries seem less important.
2. There are many benefits and few drawbacks to superstates particularly under a federalist system.
3. A growing sense of global identity.
I think within 400 years we will see most of the world in superstates and within a thousand we will have a single global superstate.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Northwest and Delta Airlines File for Chapter 11||Reichstag||Respectable General Discussions||18||16-Sep-2005 03:31|
|The European Constitution||Geck||Polls Heaven||28||01-May-2005 18:05|
|European resentment of all things American||Subterranean||Respectable General Discussions||17||12-Feb-2005 06:17|