Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Do you want a European Superstate?
Yes i want a european state and im european 16 21.33%
No i dont want a european state and im european 24 32.00%
Yes i want a european state and im not european 18 24.00%
No i dont want a european state and im not european 17 22.67%
Who voted? Voters: 75
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread
Author Thread
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
(22-Jun-2008 at 21:12)

I like the idea of a european super state and I think it is inevitable.

I like the idea of super states for many reasons:
1. Fewer larger states can result in more efficient international trade and interaction. It's a lot easier to conform a product to the regulations of 5 superstates than 180 ministates.
2. Governmental cooperation is more likely if there were fewer states. It's easier to coordinate the efforts of 5 than 180.
3. The consequences of war are greater amongst superstates thus leading to an increase in world peace.
4. Larger states formed around a declaration of common principles are likely to be more moderate than ministates that may be formed on ethnic lines, the strength of a dictator, or cultural xenophobia.

I also think it is inevitable because:
1. As the world become more and more interconnected by the internet and fast travel geopolitical boundaries seem less important.
2. There are many benefits and few drawbacks to superstates particularly under a federalist system.
3. A growing sense of global identity.

I think within 400 years we will see most of the world in superstates and within a thousand we will have a single global superstate.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Royal Assassin3 Add Royal Assassin3 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote