Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Media Mania > Movie Reviews and Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread Thread Rating: 5 votes, 2.80 average
(Posted as Starfriend)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(23-Jun-2006 at 23:19)

[2005] Flightplan

Genre: Drama, Mystery, Thriller

Director: Robert Schwentke

Plot: A claustrophobic, Hitchcockian thriller. A bereaved woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to America. At 30,000 feet the child vanishes and nobody admits she was ever on that plane.

Actors:
Jodie Foster .... Kyle Pratt
Peter Sarsgaard .... Carson
Kate Beahan .... Stephanie
Erika Christensen .... Fiona
Jana Kolesarova .... Claudia
Marlene Lawston .... Julia
Sean Bean .... Captain Rich
Greta Scacchi .... Therapist
Michael Irby .... Obaid
Assaf Cohen .... Ahmed
Christian Berkel .... Mortuary Director
Shane Edelman .... Mr. Loud
Mary Gallagher .... Mrs. Loud
Haley Ramm .... Brittany Loud
Forrest Landis .... Rhett Loud

IMDB link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0408790/
View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Uzgadra)
(24-Jun-2006 at 09:10)

I watched this yesterday well I say I watched it about 20 minutes in i found i didnt care about any of the charactures Sean Bean was doing his fake upper class britsh accent about that point I lost the will to live

id still give it a 5 though

. R.I.P. Millie you took our hearts with you
. 26th Feb 2002- 4th June 2007
View Public Profile Find more posts by BouffantBob Add BouffantBob to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
Donated $2.04
(24-Jun-2006 at 09:32)
It had a decent beginning, but the last half was just unbearable: formulaic action scenes and dialogue that made me wince.

1.5/5
View Public Profile Find more posts by Kazac Add Kazac to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Jun-2006 at 21:47)

Nah I didn't like this movie. It starts off good, but after a while it becomes boring. Oh and the ending sucks, couldn't they make up something better?

3/10.

2012 <--- GOOGLE BOMB IT.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sabbie Add Sabbie to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(26-Jun-2006 at 08:59)

Flightplan was one of the best movies of 2005 (for me). In particular, two things stood out in the film, which I thought were excellent, great acting and superb storyline. Erika Christensen, playing one of the flight attendants, probably did the best job, however, Sean Bean, the Captain of the Alto Air Flight was my favourite actor/actress in the movie.

I’m kind of against giving movies full, however, this movie had it all. The best movie of 2005

10/10

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege!
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - The Fear of Long Words
View Public Profile Find more posts by Alexstrasza Add Alexstrasza to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Para Bl0k)
Donated $2.04
(26-Jun-2006 at 14:09)
entertaining movie.. but not more then average. 5/10
View Public Profile Visit P a r a's homepage Find more posts by P a r a Add P a r a to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as AMYQ)
(13-Aug-2006 at 06:45)

i agree with the general overall the first half was pretty good but after that yeah it was a bit dodge, things were too rhythmic, and there were some questionable flaws in the plot that took away from the enjoyable-ness of it all. 4/10

INSANE CUBE FISH™
This is the clock up on the wall/This is the story of us all/This is the first sound of a new born child before he starts to crawl
This is the war that's never won/This is the soldier and his gun/This is the mother waiting by the phone praying for her son
View Public Profile Find more posts by Miss AmyQ Add Miss AmyQ to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(13-Aug-2006 at 07:28)

In a movie like Flightplan, it would be hard to do it without any factual flaws (eg. How did a flight attendant and an air marshall take a child into avionics etc).

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege!
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - The Fear of Long Words
View Public Profile Find more posts by Alexstrasza Add Alexstrasza to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Aug-2006 at 08:01)

i decent movie, but with some lame parts, i would only watch it once. i have seen better suspence movies that had to do with airplanes.

6/10

"I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."
Winston Churchill
View Public Profile Visit Scotty McPac's homepage Find more posts by Scotty McPac Add Scotty McPac to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as roxtin)
(14-Aug-2006 at 08:10)

I've had the movie for a while now (about 6 months) and finally got around to watching it the other day...and I have to say I was kinda disappointed.

After watching the movie for just a few minutes I could already start to pick out subtle oddities that didn't quite add up (mostly with the air marshall).

While the concept was well intended the movie fell a little short ... I give it a 5.5/10

"Well played, Roxtin. You are now officially the God of flying under the radar " ~MeliHeartsCloud from The Mafia of Zelda: Twilight princess
View Public Profile Visit Roxtin's homepage Find more posts by Roxtin Add Roxtin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote