Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Temple > Complaints

Post New Thread Closed Thread
Author Thread
(Posted as Lord Drizzt)
Donated $2.20
(07-Aug-2003 at 04:09)

LA needs its posts visible

Posts in the LA should be counted towards your visible posts. As of now, because posting in the LA doesn't increase your post count, people spam other sections such as the PH and the RGD. Mostly the PH. That's dumb. As I see it the LA should be the trash can, not PH. If you cancel visible posts in the PH, people will spam the RGD. That will suck incredibly.

s o u l f i r e
View Public Profile Find more posts by Drizzt Add Drizzt to your Buddy List
(07-Aug-2003 at 12:09)

Post count should just be wiped out completely.

Sir Lohrtar the Mortar

The Crusader of Retribution
Let not thy will roar, when thy power can but whisper
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sir Lohrtar Add Sir Lohrtar to your Buddy List
(Posted as Lord Drizzt)
Donated $2.20
(08-Aug-2003 at 03:23)

Well, either posts counts should be wiped out completely out the should be completely rejuvinated.

s o u l f i r e
(Posted as Lord Hawk1)
Donated $5.00
(08-Aug-2003 at 06:43)
Post counts would then be enormus and undeserving.

There are a bunch of people with normal post counts of 200 or 300, and regular post counts of over 3000. Peopl ewould then likely have 20 average posts per day.

I think post counts need to be eliminated in all GD sections except for respectable general discussions. Prehaps consider even eliminating them there, being as post counts shouldn't matter in GD sections.

This IS a Utopia related forum site anyhow, so why should posts count toward any other subject?

"God does not play dice" -- Albert Einstein
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lord Hawk Add Lord Hawk to your Buddy List
Global Moderator
Donated $41.00
(09-Aug-2003 at 09:07)

post count in LA would encourage more spamming...

I think taking PC away all together is an excellent idea

BUD LIGHT
145847903/Davevalek/Insanity
I am one of a kind, the only one you'll find. I am me and nothing else...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Valek Add Valek to your Buddy List
(Posted as tsachi)
Donated $0.56
(10-Aug-2003 at 00:41)

but it'll take some of the fun out of UT, but yeah, i can understand you, PC should be removed, wait, what am I saying?
View Public Profile Visit Tsachi's homepage Find more posts by Tsachi Add Tsachi to your Buddy List
(Posted as Lord Drizzt)
Donated $2.20
(11-Aug-2003 at 04:47)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Valek)

That's not an excuse to turn off post counts. The LA is a spam heaven, and don't try to deny it. If it incourages people to spam more, then hell, let them spam more there. At least the RGD and the PH won't be spammed.

s o u l f i r e
(Posted as Hurley 121)
Donated $6.72
(11-Aug-2003 at 07:08)

If PC counted in LA, they would have to make stricter rules there so people dont spam there more than now. And I dont think anyone wants stricter rules in LA. But PH hsa become the place to pump your post count. Thats gotta change too.

Life is a test and I get bad marks.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Hurleyy Add Hurleyy to your Buddy List
(11-Aug-2003 at 21:10)

LA posts should count - They are posts too!And also,PH is meant for polls,not spam.

Hawk,So what if they had a huge post count,its just a number...

*shoots Igor*

Signature suspended by D4n1es for not being able to think up an original one or code it right...
View Public Profile Visit D4n1es's homepage Find more posts by D4n1es Add D4n1es to your Buddy List
(Posted as NazcaFlame)
(11-Aug-2003 at 21:16)

Maybe they could have your regular post-count when you're reading messages, but when you view the actual user name you can see their -total- posts? It might not encourage THAT much more LA spamming, but it still counts for something.
Eh?

Belief, "faith" if you will, is pointless unless founded by fact, and once founded by fact no longer becomes belief. - Lunar2
I'm not a hero, I'm not a saviour - Forget what you know - I'm just a man whose circustances went beyond his control.
Welcome to Tycho-Magnetic Anamoly One.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nazka Add Nazka to your Buddy List
Honorary Member
(12-Aug-2003 at 22:50)

does it really matter?

i mean if you want recognition for posting a lot, then La is not the place to do it, because quite frankly i don't think people in LA really give a damn how many posts somone has.

In all honesty i don't really see the point of post count, its just a way for people to show off about having more then somone else

Getting banned is not smart, nor cool. - Swifty
View Public Profile Find more posts by Jasse Add Jasse to your Buddy List
(Posted as Lord Drizzt)
Donated $2.20
(15-Aug-2003 at 07:12)

It matters because people would spam other topics seeing that their posts in the LA are useless. I don't like that.

s o u l f i r e
(Posted as Lamper)
Donated $4.64
(15-Aug-2003 at 14:33)
LA posts SHOULDNT count, as that will lead to abuse, with the users...

::: Dean Solutions
::: The Key to Your Web Solutions
View Public Profile Visit Tomer Dean's homepage Find more posts by Tomer Dean Add Tomer Dean to your Buddy List
(Posted as Elan Duckrider)
Donated $47.44
(22-Aug-2003 at 04:46)

Quote:
(Originally posted by tsachi)

but it'll take some of the fun out of UT, but yeah, i can understand you, PC should be removed, wait, what am I saying?
How is PC fun? I don't really give a damn about it, to be honest. It is, as has been said quite often, just a number.. and its one that causes spamming..

So PC is making the forums slightly worse. I say get rid of it all together.
View Public Profile Visit Elan SsM's homepage Find more posts by Elan SsM Add Elan SsM to your Buddy List
(Posted as Brizahd)
(04-Sep-2003 at 09:00)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Valek)

I agree, take away the post counts and you take away the I'm better than you factor! I myself do not care how many times someone has posted, but I think quite a few people wear it like a badge.

and uh if the post count disapears whats the only other thing people can worry about? hmmmmm eh, huh, hmm the donation thingy. Noww that wouldn't be a bad thing for people to have a pissing match over right?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Maelstraum Add Maelstraum to your Buddy List
(15-Sep-2003 at 14:17)
no doubt post count encourages spamming.. i dun see much of it....
View Public Profile Find more posts by ohmygoshtim Add ohmygoshtim to your Buddy List
Donated $2.00
(24-Sep-2003 at 12:15)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Nazka)

Maybe they could have your regular post-count when you're reading messages, but when you view the actual user name you can see their -total- posts?
Such a feat already exists. When you view a person's profile, you have the option to "Search for all posts by this user", which shows their total post count.

Surface of Velvet, Core of Steel
Abuser of smileys
View Public Profile Find more posts by Liselle Add Liselle to your Buddy List
(Posted as Sossy X)
WoW Moderator
Donated $22.00
(24-Sep-2003 at 22:04)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Lord Drizzt)

That's not an excuse to turn off post counts. The LA is a spam heaven, and don't try to deny it. If it incourages people to spam more, then hell, let them spam more there. At least the RGD and the PH won't be spammed.

I still fail to see why post count is so important??

Who gives a damn (I mean SERIOUSLY)??

Hmmmm... I think I need a new signature
View Public Profile Visit Sossy's homepage Find more posts by Sossy Add Sossy to your Buddy List
Donated $2.24
(25-Sep-2003 at 15:23)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Sossy X)

I still fail to see why post count is so important??

Who gives a damn (I mean SERIOUSLY)??
I agree, who gives a damn. Besides if there were PC for LA posts then everyone would spam it just to get there post count higher. Isn't that the reason why the Posts didnt count in the first place for the LA?

[color=silver] TBA/COLOR]
TBA
View Public Profile Find more posts by Don Jecht Add Don Jecht to your Buddy List
(Posted as Comrade TUT)
(29-Sep-2003 at 07:49)

they should count, because i want them to

if it creates more spam then wasnt the point of la to have a place for spam?

View Public Profile Find more posts by Aubrey Add Aubrey to your Buddy List
Closed Thread