Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Temple > Complaints

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as DeRnhelm)
Donated $11.54
(27-Jun-2007 at 13:24)

My Warning (and about - rep power)

This is preposterous, imo. I was hoping you could reconsider this.

I got warned by SS for something as simple as spamming when all I did was forget to write my poll topic-answer in the poll creation area. He also warned me 2 weeks before. I told him that it was no offence but I felt the warning was unnecessary from his side. And I didn't break the spam-rule either.

Not to mention that if you read the UT rules about 'Spamming' (Quote from the Rules-F.A.Q)
Quote:
May be distributed to a user who posts a large amount of useless, meaningless and/or annoying messages which do not contribute to the thread's discussion.
Also, let the point be proved: REP-Power does not "harm" me. It harms all the others. I want to rep posts but I refuse to when it's only +1 rep for it, seemingly nothing and unworthy rep. You see what I mean.

Atleast it should be given back with the WP-Decay.

~–eRn~
BTW: You Are All Buffle Headed
View Public Profile Find more posts by DeRn HaLL Add DeRn HaLL to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Jun-2007 at 13:50)

your rep power IS given back when your WPs decay

"Hmph, you and your third dimension."
"What about it?" "Oh nothing, itís cute. We have five."
"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Uzgadra)
(27-Jun-2007 at 13:57)

As Chillin points out you do get your WP back and SaSi is normally fair with the WP hell you should have been here 6 months ago when a couple of mods went postal :P

. R.I.P. Millie you took our hearts with you
. 26th Feb 2002- 4th June 2007
View Public Profile Find more posts by BouffantBob Add BouffantBob to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as DeRnhelm)
Donated $11.54
(27-Jun-2007 at 14:06)

Okay thanks for the replies.
I just started wondering where my humble 4 rep powers went all of a sudden.
I forgot I had gotten these many wp's during the last days.

But I still stand strong about my last warning
Adhere the rules!

~–eRn~
View Public Profile Find more posts by DeRn HaLL Add DeRn HaLL to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(27-Jun-2007 at 15:02)

I forwarded our conversation to another staff member for review, as I have not recieved a reply yet neither have you from me, though I can say as it has been done in the past anyone that posts multiple posts in succession will be warned for spamming and the posts merged, so doubt the warning will be revoked.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as DeRnhelm)
Donated $11.54
(27-Jun-2007 at 15:18)

I know rules are rules and I do try to follow the rules unless I get crazy one second and deliberately break one if I feel I have to comment something off topic (yeah I have that crazy feeling some times...)

But I am not very bothered about my post count and that is why I felt this... pardonable mistake from my side could be reprieved.

~–eRn~
Research Group
Donated $2.44
(28-Jun-2007 at 09:51)

i think the formula was -10% for each warning point.

for 7 WPs
  1. 4 - 0.4 = 3.6
  2. 3.6 - 0.36= 3.24
  3. 3.24 - 0.324 = 2.916
  4. 2.916 - 0.2916 = 2.6244
  5. 2.6244 - 0.26244 = 2.36196
  6. 2.36196 - 0.236196 = 2.125764
  7. 2.125764 - 0.2125794 = 1.9131846

rounded down to nearest int = 1

but yeh, don't worry about the rep powers, it will come back =)
View Public Profile Find more posts by NeoDeGenero Add NeoDeGenero to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as DeRnhelm)
Donated $11.54
(28-Jun-2007 at 18:27)

Yes thanks for the info...
I tried to find out by using the F.A.Q link on top before I wrote the topic, but it's hard to navigate there and I didn't find anything at all.

I saw it now though.. In the 'To Do- List' that they already fixed it.
Perhaps it's just me not reading all subforums.

~–eRn~