Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Temple > Complaints

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(15-Aug-2007 at 17:13)
Originally Posted by Starfriend: View Post
Even if we had something like that, I doubt that'd help you since you obviously can't retrieve your password for it. How on earth would you be able to choose the "delete" option?
Well, the answer is quite simple. By default the setting would be "delete me", so if you don't change that you get automatically deleted after a certain period of time. This would be just like the end of age message in utopia, perhaps a warning would be forwarded to the email account to make sure it is noticed.

Originally Posted by StingUT: View Post
the word rightfully bothered me a bit here. you dont have ANY rights on usernames whatsoever, even if you CLAIM to have had it. any moderator has the RIGHT to ban any username, and im pretty sure they can change usernames if they are offensive (not that this one is).

point is, you dont have any rights here (on usernames), just privileges. if you forgot your password, AND forgot which email account a lost password would be send too, you dont deserve the right to claim anything.

P.S. Moderators: please correct me if im wrong anywhere.
Ofcourse i'm the rightfull owner If I am the fist to claim, which I did. At this moment the situation in worse, since the username is not available to new users either.

Originally Posted by matinog: View Post
how many forums on earth have 150k active users? NONE!
The number doesn't deceive anything, it says that 150,000 people bothered to come here and register. In any forum there are huge amounts of people that register and never post anything.

Believe it or not getting 150k people to just register is pretty damn impressive and is only a part of the huge amount of people that use the tools that dont require registration. You are arguing for a point that doesn't exist.
The possible abuse of UT of the 150K members was only part of my argument.

Originally Posted by Sossy: View Post
All (non rule breaking) posts are still here. If BG deleted all the old inactive accounts, all those old posts would end up nameless or deleted, which I guess is also a reason to not purge inactive accounts.

If you forgot your password, then excuse me for saying so, but that's a stupid mistake made by YOU, not the administration of Utopia Temple.

Also, BG never boasted about having 150k -active- members - just the 150k signups.
Are you sure all posts are there? I was unable to retreive quite a number of posts by my old username Athanatos.

Originally Posted by Brother Green: View Post
I'll answer the questions that weren't already fully covered above.

I'm not aware of any other community that does.

Sadly, no. The only factor for advertisers is pageviews, so in fact only active members count. Incidentally, advertising has been very, very bad for us lately.

That is correct Greeney. We also sent a couple of emails to all swirvemail accounts notifying them about this and urging them to update their profile with a new valid email address. Since we don't ask for a password-reminder question like some other sites, the only way for us to validate a user is by his email address.
I said it could possibly be a swirvemail account, but now I think of it it was an email adress I used in VAT, so a vatalliance.com account, which was disbanded and the site closed down.

Fact remains that Athanatos is there, well the good thing is, is that it's not available to any other users either, but it's just weird to see myself as a ghostuser.

Athanatos
If there must be war, let it come... silent and soon!

Last edited by Starfriend, 15-Aug-2007 at 18:50.
Edit reason: There's really NO need to make five consecutive posts.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Athanatos2003 Add Athanatos2003 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Starfriend)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(15-Aug-2007 at 18:55)

Re: 150K member claim by UT false?

Originally Posted by Athanatos2003: View Post
Well, the answer is quite simple. By default the setting would be "delete me", so if you don't change that you get automatically deleted after a certain period of time. This would be just like the end of age message in utopia, perhaps a warning would be forwarded to the email account to make sure it is noticed.
And if someone just happens to be away for that time, on vacation or something, they'd be shit outta luck?

Are you sure all posts are there? I was unable to retreive quite a number of posts by my old username Athanatos.
As far as I can tell, that account has never been used to post with.

"If You Fall, Ill Be There"
- Floor

View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
WoW Moderator
Donated $22.00
(15-Aug-2007 at 23:27)

Re: 150K member claim by UT false?

No, I'm not sure -ALL- posts are there, but I know that posts -USUALLY- aren't deleted.

Hmmmm... I think I need a new signature
View Public Profile Visit Sossy's homepage Find more posts by Sossy Add Sossy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Aug-2007 at 09:53)

Quote:
I'm not aware of any other community that does.
there are many that do, probably the most prominant one that does is maxxed football forums which currently has 19k active members (if you dont log your account there at least once every month or so you get purged from the database)

but there are a lot that dont. As for advertising, imo it will decline as utopia continues to decline, but if theres anything i can do to help (maybe click some sponsors for you) let me know

Saint Sinner for President 2012
You're all fucking stupid
You're mafia, dont deny it.
Absalom
View Public Profile Find more posts by Skraz Add Skraz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote