Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Temple > Complaints

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(01-Jun-2009 at 06:27)

Signature Issue

I currently only have 4 lines in my sig, and I'm trying to add this to the bottom as my fifth line, but it won't let me for some reason.

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

I keep getting this result:

Originally Posted by UT:
1. Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 5 line(s).
Which doesn't make sense because I'm trying to add the fifth one. This is my current layout.

I am the darkness in your life, I am the light
I am the end of your tunnel, I am the beginning of your future
I am the end, your end. I am the path to your salvation.

Your bane, or your hope. You decide.

I want it to look like:

I am the end, your end.I am the path to your salvation.

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Also, is there any way to get it on the same 'line' as one of the others? Like, have it on the same line, but on the other side of 'I am the darkness, I am the light'?

View Public Profile Find more posts by Brightbane Add Brightbane to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Jun-2009 at 07:07)

Re: Signature Issue

Originally Posted by Brightbane: View Post
I currently only have 4 lines in my sig, and I'm trying to add this to the bottom as my fifth line, but it won't let me for some reason.

I keep getting this result:

Which doesn't make sense because I'm trying to add the fifth one. This is my current layout.

I want it to look like:

I am the end, your end.I am the path to your salvation.

Also, is there any way to get it on the same 'line' as one of the others? Like, have it on the same line, but on the other side of 'I am the darkness, I am the light'?
Its hard to tell, but is there a line between your current four line and your insertion? A blank line I mean.

Also, a simple way to get it on the same line would be to insert spaces and plug it in until it fits well. Its a brute force method, but it would eventually work.

Time passes, people move. Like a river's flow, it never ends.
A childish mind will turn to noble ambition. Young love will become deep affection.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Felix Zalitz Add Felix Zalitz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Jun-2009 at 07:24)

Originally Posted by Felix Zalitz: View Post
Its hard to tell, but is there a line between your current four line and your insertion? A blank line I mean.

Also, a simple way to get it on the same line would be to insert spaces and plug it in until it fits well. Its a brute force method, but it would eventually work.
I spent about a half hour trying that before I gave up. The closest I could manage was having the top two lines on my sig then a gap with the insert on the right, then the last two.

The other version I could do was have the insert on top, and make the rest into one line.

Oh, wait. I just got what you were saying. Ugh, that would be terrible... Especially if I ever wanted to change it. I suppose if the mods can't do anything about it I might try that, but I'll save it as a last resort.

Hmm *ten minutes later*

_____________________________________"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

This was the closest I could get. I don't like that line there though. It wouldn't just let me stick in spaces, and it only let me have this many '_' characters.

View Public Profile Find more posts by Brightbane Add Brightbane to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(01-Jun-2009 at 08:33)

I don't get it, but I'll check it out when I get to work.

"If You Fall, Ill Be There"
- Floor

View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Jun-2009 at 23:23)

Originally Posted by Konc: View Post
I don't get it, but I'll check it out when I get to work.
I only have 4 lines in my sig, and I want to add a fifth one, the quote, but I want it to be on the right side. Whenever I try to do it the Forum says that I already have five lines, and I need to reduce my sig.

Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(01-Jun-2009 at 23:58)

Seems the last line is too long, because it will work if I shorten it to "Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an"

I'll ask BG to check if he set a length limit or something.

- Floor

View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Jun-2009 at 18:56)

Seems the last line is too long, because it will work if I shorten it to "Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an"

I'll ask BG to check if he set a length limit or something.
Did you end up figuring it out?

Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(07-Jun-2009 at 04:35)

The answer is that the 5th line is too long, and breaks into a 6th line in smaller screen resolutions.

- Floor

(07-Jun-2009 at 17:17)

The answer is that the 5th line is too long, and breaks into a 6th line in smaller screen resolutions.
How many characters over is it?

Administrator
(14-Jun-2009 at 17:52)

lightbulb Re: Signature Issue

Originally Posted by Brightbane: View Post
How many characters over is it?
I believe 90.

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.44
(10-Jul-2009 at 12:07)

z0mg! 90 characters too long!

Famous for nowty by nature
View Public Profile Visit Aerath's homepage Find more posts by Aerath Add Aerath to your Buddy List Reply with Quote