Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Alliances Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(22-May-2011 at 13:40)

Is Utopia too small for alliances?

Hi all. Just started a province in my son's kingdom. First time back after a while.

Seems very quiet around here.

Has Utopia shrunk to the point where alliances are no longer relevant?
View Public Profile Visit Puck UA's homepage Find more posts by Puck UA Add Puck UA to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-May-2011 at 04:23)

of coruse not, for alliances to be irrelevent it needs to only have 2 players....

while there is always more than 2 kds there will be alliances - people will always try and get an "advantage" over someone else to try and be the best.

allying is a simple way of doing it most times

Saint Sinner for President 2012
You're all fucking stupid
You're mafia, dont deny it.
Absalom
View Public Profile Find more posts by Skraz Add Skraz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-May-2011 at 17:19)
Hey

Hey puck and skraz, long time no see..Glad to see you guys still visiting these forums..

~The Great Diamonds~
View Public Profile Find more posts by Big Diamonds Add Big Diamonds to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(27-May-2011 at 11:58)

Hey Diamonds, Skraz and Puck! Long time no see to all of you.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege!
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - The Fear of Long Words
View Public Profile Find more posts by Alexstrasza Add Alexstrasza to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(27-May-2011 at 22:31)

Hey guys long time ect

we still have rules btw >.>

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Jun-2011 at 13:28)

Hi all. Fair point, Skraz. My thought was that when the game had hundreds of thousands of players, Alliances were a natural 'next level' of gameplay for those with the time and the passion for it.

Now that there are 7,000-odd players, I struggle to see any validity in having separate sub-communities within the game.
View Public Profile Visit Puck UA's homepage Find more posts by Puck UA Add Puck UA to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Jun-2011 at 14:01)

Just checked all the alliances with URLs listed in the 'Alliance URL' thread. Here's the results:

Alliance Exists? Active?

AA Y Maybe
ABS Y Can't tell
BoD N No
FUR N No
HaJ N No
IA N No
KLA N No
Lotus Y No
NA N No
NeXT N No
NH N No (redirects to ZEN)
NI N No
OA N No (redirects to ZEN)
SF Y No
TA Y Maybe
TF N No
UA Y No
VoF N No
WW Y Can't tell

So, if there is still alliance activity in Utopia (other than the odd province or kingdom tag) what and where they? And why is this forum so out of date?
(01-Jun-2011 at 18:28)

Re: Is Utopia too small for alliances?

Originally Posted by Puck UA: View Post
Just checked all the alliances with URLs listed in the 'Alliance URL' thread. Here's the results:

Alliance Exists? Active?

AA Y Maybe
ABS Y Can't tell
BoD N No
FUR N No
HaJ N No
IA N No
KLA N No
Lotus Y No
NA N No
NeXT N No
NH N No (redirects to ZEN)
NI N No
OA N No (redirects to ZEN)
SF Y No
TA Y Maybe
TF N No
UA Y No
VoF N No
WW Y Can't tell

So, if there is still alliance activity in Utopia (other than the odd province or kingdom tag) what and where they? And why is this forum so out of date?
Absalom still exists and still has a fair representation at the top not sure about the rest as i dont bother

Absalom
View Public Profile Find more posts by Skraz Add Skraz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Jun-2011 at 14:09)

funnily enougth after all this time utopia is a "cleaner" game being alliance free in a ghetto ....

Hey Skraz life treating you good ?

Fear is the foundation of most governments
Five years of banning
04-Dec-2002 Starfriend Spamming
11-Dec-2007 Saint Sinner Off-Topic Post
Happy Wooden anniversary
View Public Profile Find more posts by HarleyQuinnROX Add HarleyQuinnROX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Sep-2011 at 05:37)
Wow........just seeing these old names posting suddenly made my day.......(even the saint musta been happy at chance to work threads)

Anon, Elvensryche, Utopheous, Elvensdead, Elvensryche - maybe finish up anon again......

Last edited by Elvensryche, 04-Sep-2011 at 05:38.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Elvensryche Add Elvensryche to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Sep-2011 at 03:33)

It quite interesting how few players the game has. I quit the game about 4 years ago. I recently made a province ended up in a ghetto.
before I was known as MORBO . It quite sad what this game has come to be.

im on IRC lately greatmorbo

Originally Posted by Elvensryche: View Post
Wow........just seeing these old names posting suddenly made my day.......(even the saint musta been happy at chance to work threads)
View Public Profile Find more posts by ctbrandg Add ctbrandg to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Oct-2011 at 04:54)

ABS and Hall are still around. Still high on the boards.

Funny nub alliances like WuA pop up from age to age, Until they realize by eventually hitting an established kingdom that double tapping into existing wars to force wins gets your scripted ghettos wiped out.

As for the game, I still play, but I don't think it is as relevant as it was in 98 through 2002.

The golden age has passed....

One would think the game mods and programmers would clean up the multi play, scripting, and dirty play. But, number of provinces increases number of kingdoms which increase revenue.....

"And thus I clothe my naked villainy With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ; And seem a saint, when most I play the devil."
View Public Profile Visit Mephistopholes's homepage Find more posts by Mephistopholes Add Mephistopholes to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Oct-2011 at 18:32)
i thought about makeing a account and comeing back but im not so sure seeing that state of the game, very sad to see its dropped down to only like 7k ppl playing, tho we all did warn them that they would kill the game with all those changes, and kinda funny to see so many alliances dead or barely a glimmer of their former glory, tho i hope AA fades before anyone else dose

The true lone wolf in the shadows
View Public Profile Find more posts by Spawns Chaos Add Spawns Chaos to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Dec-2011 at 05:29)

Originally Posted by HarleyQuinnROX: View Post
funnily enougth after all this time utopia is a "cleaner" game being alliance free in a ghetto ....

Hey Skraz life treating you good ?
nah its the ghetto life thats cleaner not the fact its alliance or not, at the top its such bullshit at times.

and good mate, how about you?

Absalom
(06-Jan-2012 at 03:33)
alliances have been around and will be around.

But as a old player in this game. Returning afther one year because of rlf stuff.

I have to say that the game have improved!!!!
there are still a few problems. And there are to few players.
But the fun is back in the game.

That the game have less active alliances, is as i see it a large pluss.
Now its not that hard to make a good province. Geting into kds with good(semi good) players. and just invest the time in the game, you whant to. Lol and still be at a ok level.

All in all the few alliances thats left, Are more a sort of wind from the past. Abs still play like they are the utopia rulers. And still act like they are better then the rest of us.
And thats ok bye me. Only prob you have with alliances to day, will be running into top 50 as a kd.
As the top kds often hit down or attack less organised kds.(and thats as it shoud be),
View Public Profile Find more posts by Humlind Add Humlind to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Jan-2012 at 08:23)

Re: alliances have been around and will be around.

Originally Posted by Humlind: View Post
But as a old player in this game. Returning afther one year because of rlf stuff.

I have to say that the game have improved!!!!
there are still a few problems. And there are to few players.
But the fun is back in the game.

That the game have less active alliances, is as i see it a large pluss.
Now its not that hard to make a good province. Geting into kds with good(semi good) players. and just invest the time in the game, you whant to. Lol and still be at a ok level.

All in all the few alliances thats left, Are more a sort of wind from the past. Abs still play like they are the utopia rulers. And still act like they are better then the rest of us.
And thats ok bye me. Only prob you have with alliances to day, will be running into top 50 as a kd.
As the top kds often hit down or attack less organised kds.(and thats as it shoud be),
thats because we are better than you!!!

lol

wb

Absalom
(09-Jan-2012 at 09:49)

odd ...

O_D Kwon Boa O_D
Elder of The Black Horde
"...a song for you ... a song for lover..."
~Kwon Boa~
View Public Profile Find more posts by Kwon Boa Add Kwon Boa to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-Jan-2012 at 05:40)

Originally Posted by Mephistopholes: View Post
As for the game, I still play, but I don't think it is as relevant as it was in 98 through 2002.

The golden age has passed....

I agree with you. The best Ages in my opinion were 3 and perhaps 4

Honour, Courage, Integrity,
these are not just words,
they are a way of life
View Public Profile Visit Trent's homepage Find more posts by Trent Add Trent to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-Jan-2012 at 21:20)

Originally Posted by Trent: View Post
I agree with you. The best Ages in my opinion were 3 and perhaps 4
Anything after age 15 was bad.

----------------------------------------
})i({~flutterby~ })i({

Alliance Rankings Administration
irc.Utonet.org #alliancerankings
View Public Profile Visit mdmflutterby's homepage Find more posts by mdmflutterby Add mdmflutterby to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(14-Jan-2012 at 06:15)

Originally Posted by mdmflutterby: View Post
Anything after age 15 was bad.
That was still before my time.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege!
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - The Fear of Long Words
View Public Profile Find more posts by Alexstrasza Add Alexstrasza to your Buddy List Reply with Quote