Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > The Lunatic Asylum

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(05-Mar-2017 at 09:16)

There are always a few of us around

I am the darkness in your life, I am the light
I am the end of your tunnel, I am the beginning of your future
I am the end, your end. I am the path to your salvation.

Your bane, or your hope. You decide.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brightbane Add Brightbane to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $2.44
(06-Mar-2017 at 15:27)

even if we only come back once a year or so. and post at odd hours like 2.27am on a weekday!
View Public Profile Find more posts by NeoDeGenero Add NeoDeGenero to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $3.01
(07-Mar-2017 at 18:55)

Re: What happened to this place?

I still come here all the time, nobody want to talk to me though

That's okay though. Nothing exciting happening with me to talk about. Currently a stay at home dad. Kid turned 2 the other day. Going back to college soon.
View Public Profile Find more posts by QuantumChaos Add QuantumChaos to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-Mar-2017 at 02:16)

##:## am posts...legit. Thats usually about the time the army returns home for another wave

Quantum there's always something to talk about.

From my experience, college is a trap. At least here in the US...just another greased up money siphon. Depending on the degree of course. There are legitimate studies that upon graduation and attainment of employment justify the cost. However, pretty sure 99% of trade skills are able to be taught through apprenticeship programs.

Faster faster till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death
In order to maintain peace, one must prepare for war
Expect nothing, be prepared for anything
He who is prepared shall triumph
View Public Profile Find more posts by Bigshot Add Bigshot to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $3.01
(12-Mar-2017 at 04:39)

Originally Posted by Bigshot: View Post
##:## am posts...legit. Thats usually about the time the army returns home for another wave

Quantum there's always something to talk about.

From my experience, college is a trap. At least here in the US...just another greased up money siphon. Depending on the degree of course. There are legitimate studies that upon graduation and attainment of employment justify the cost. However, pretty sure 99% of trade skills are able to be taught through apprenticeship programs.
Well I lost my job back in September and haven't had much luck finding anything else to replace it. In Canada we have a program for people who are out of work who don't have a degree where the government will give you up to $28,000 to get a degree in a high-demand field. I'm going to be taking medical administration which is in huge demand in my area (4 large hospitals, plus the Ministry of Health has most of its offices in my city). I was making $14/hour at my old job, with this I'll be making $22-$26 to start right out of school. And finding a job will be a lot easier.

Plus my EI is about to run out next week so I gotta do something to get some money and with the hours the wife works (basically all over the place, on call 24/7) I can really only do stuff during daycare hours.
View Public Profile Find more posts by QuantumChaos Add QuantumChaos to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Mar-2017 at 23:16)
Will angel ever work again

I hope this site never dies, i still revisit when i miss utopia. hope angle gets back up and running.

(anyway someone would break off the clipboard history keeper into a separate application?)

bowchickabowow
View Public Profile Find more posts by heyshawn Add heyshawn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $3.01
(30-Mar-2017 at 03:40)

Re: Will angel ever work again

Originally Posted by heyshawn: View Post
I hope this site never dies, i still revisit when i miss utopia. hope angle gets back up and running.

(anyway someone would break off the clipboard history keeper into a separate application?)
If you want a standalone application there's stuff out there for it like Clipdiary and a few Chrome/FF extensions too. Just do a google search for "Clipboard manager" and find one that looks good to you.

These obviously won't do things like formatting Utopia stuff like Angel did, they're just standalone clipboard monitors.
Donated $4.24
(15-Jul-2017 at 23:32)

Originally Posted by NeoDeGenero: View Post
even if we only come back once a year or so. and post at odd hours like 2.27am on a weekday!
On a school night? Outrageous. PS, you still in Sydney?

Hi all - long time no see. Hope everyone has been well!

And QC, I can't recall whether I said this on my last annual visit, but congratulations on the bub!

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege!
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - The Fear of Long Words
View Public Profile Find more posts by Alexstrasza Add Alexstrasza to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $3.01
(16-Jul-2017 at 03:04)

Originally Posted by Alexstrasza: View Post
And QC, I can't recall whether I said this on my last annual visit, but congratulations on the bub!

Thanks! It's ridiculous. He turned 2 in March but as tall as most 4 year olds. He's gonna be a giant.

Daddin' ain't easy I tell ya what.
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(04-Aug-2017 at 16:48)

Originally Posted by QuantumChaos: View Post
Thanks! It's ridiculous. He turned 2 in March but as tall as most 4 year olds. He's gonna be a giant.

Daddin' ain't easy I tell ya what.
lol not at all

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(20-Aug-2017 at 06:54)

Ngawwwww, look at you guys - all grown up with kids and all.

Meanwhile, I'm still as immature (and annoying) af

Last edited by Alexstrasza, 20-Aug-2017 at 06:54.
Edit reason: Oh, did I mention I'm still annoying?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Alexstrasza Add Alexstrasza to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $3.01
(21-Aug-2017 at 04:51)

Ngawwwww, look at you guys - all grown up with kids and all.

Meanwhile, I'm still as immature (and annoying) af
Aren't you like a lawyer or some shit?

That takes way more maturity and effort than becoming a parent. All I did was not put on a condom :P
Donated $4.24
(21-Aug-2017 at 11:41)

Originally Posted by QuantumChaos: View Post
Aren't you like a lawyer or some shit?

That takes way more maturity and effort than becoming a parent. All I did was not put on a condom :P
Hahahah, yeah, but single af and not doing much beyond that hahahaha. I'd say parenthood is a much more significant achievement.

(22-Aug-2017 at 02:02)
You last visited: 17-Oct-2005 00:57

I used to play this game all the time back then, but I guess I only read these forums, never posted before. Can't believe people still come by here!

My younger cousin (like 10 years younger) started playing Utopia and invited me back, so I was checking things out and thought of this place. Pretty funny people still post here, lol!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Dwindlin Add Dwindlin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Aug-2017 at 03:44)

I was just killing time while I'm sitting on my old computer because I'm using the new good one for scanning in a bunch of pages of a booklet for my wife. I was listening to Chainsmokers/Coldplay's Something Just Like This on Repeat so I couldn't really do any youtube stuff so I was just browsing through browser history. Lo and behold, UT comes up. Figured I'd drop by and say hi not that I was ever the most well known person ever.

Turned 30 back in June. My wife and all my friends make fun of me, ha ha.

Glad to see some people still post every so often, including other posts today and yesterday.

I miss Runey...
Band is good! Band is great! Band is how I got a date!
War Damn Eagle!
I love Reputation! Love it! Gimme Gimme Gimme!!! Please.
View Public Profile Find more posts by StarOwl Add StarOwl to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $112.99
(23-Aug-2017 at 21:07)

Oh, hi.
View Public Profile Find more posts by advocatus Add advocatus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(26-Aug-2017 at 11:48)

Originally Posted by advocatus: View Post
Oh, hi.
*waves

Research Group
Donated $3.01
(28-Aug-2017 at 02:05)

Hahahah, yeah, but single af and not doing much beyond that hahahaha. I'd say parenthood is a much more significant achievement.
I literally had unprotected sex.

Not much of an achievement.

Now, keeping him alive for the last 2.5 years? Maybe that's an achievement but the actual becoming a parent? Not that complicated lol